Whom will we pick in 2morrows draft?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mohannair
Club Player

Whom will we pick in 2morrows draft?

Any buzz whom are we looking to pick in tomorrows draft?

MadSaintFan
Club Player

Kieran Harper, Jed Lamb or Dion Prestia if he slides are my favourites. Phantom Draft has Cam Guthrie - I'd be dissapointed if this was the case. We need more spark around Half Forward - not another dour tagger.

Saintersss
Club Player

Rumours we are interested in Jay Neagle and Shane Tregear from Sandringham.

Would not mind Tregear at all, and I think Neagle has talent, although very poor work ethic. If the club thought they could turn him around, then I'm all for it.

Macdog82

The saints first pick they need to target a mid with some speed and decent ball winning ability who can also push forward. The two players I like at pick 24 are Prestia who despite his height shows he loves to win the footy and has good speed recorded in the repeat sprints. I doubt he would be still there at 24.

The other player I have heard the saints will strongly consider if prestia is gone is Josh Green. Described as a attacking mid who can play as a small fwd and has had senior experience in tassie. Would need to add some bulk before getting a game and has good speed with a 2.92 for 20 metre.

If Kieran Harper or Jed Lamb were still around at 24 and the other two above where gone we could be crazy not to grab one of these guys.

Pick 42. I reckon the kid Michie could be what we are looking for. He has excellent foot skills a must at Stkilda and could play in a number of positions which is an assest.

From there on in our picks will prolly be determined by our needs. We really need to try and pick up a third forward, even though we have Lynch we need to be able to put pressure on these guys, there should be a few still around in the mid 50s and we have to be smart.

I have no doubt we will go for a recycled player but certainly hope this isnt till our very last pick, as we need to get at least 4 kids through the door, mostly likely miles will be redrafted at pick 5, although I have a strong feeling we will take 3 kids and redraft miles to only have four selections.

MadSaintFan
Club Player

Spot on macdog. But I have a fear from our recent history we wont go for the obvious choices!

Harper or Lamb would add real X-Factor which we lack and Prestia would be AFL ready from Day1. He has real speed and great footskills.

I just pray we dont draft Wayde Skipper.......

Macdog82

I have heard we were into Trav J before the trade period and had spoken to him a number of times, and I havea slight feeling if salary cap permits that he might be our last selection. Lets hope we take 4 kids first, look at redrafting miles at pick 5 and Trav J at pick 6, as he would prolly be in our starting 22.

As I see it this is a very important draft for the saints, we need to go after kids and get the best talent at the time, speed and another third fwd are our priorities. If we can get a decent kid at pick 24 with speed and skills, and maybe grab a third fwd at 42, we would have done well. I pray that prestia slides to us, but I have a feeling he would be long gone.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Will be interesting...

A lot of the mock drafts have - Jack DARLING sliding past our pick # 24. If he is still available we would be mad not to take him he is exactly what we need up forward (HAMILL like) only taller and a better kick !!!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Will be interesting...

WinnersOnly wrote:A lot of the mock drafts have - Jack DARLING sliding past our pick # 24. If he is still available we would be mad not to take him he is exactly what we need up forward (HAMILL like) only taller and a better kick !!!

there is an article on jack in today's age

enjoy the read...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/j ... 17vwe.html

'The questions frustrate Darling, who knows clubs worry about his height as a forward and was at pains during the recent draft combine to tell them it wasn't the only position he could play. If it were up to him, he'd be seen as a midfielder, a position his speed and endurance testing suggest he could play. ''You can go and get your own footy in there,'' he told The Age. ''You're not relying on other people to get you the footy, and I kind of rate my running ability. I think my game might suit playing there.''

These questions, though, are not the only ones about Darling. He spent this year at West Perth, where he played much of the season, and worked early in the year as a courier, having already finished year 12. He was suspended from his private school this time last year after being caught with alcohol and a girl in his tent during a school camp and he has been involved in a couple of off-field incidents.

One club's recruiters saw him drinking and scuffling with a bouncer after an under-18 game. And at the end of the West Perth season, he was hit from behind early one Sunday morning at a Subiaco hotel. Stricken with headaches the next day, he ended up in hospital for several days, suffering three bleeds on his brain, a contusion at the front of his head and a fracture at the back of his skull. Not his fault - clearly - but some clubs have queried why he was even out so late in the first place'

...sounds like he is more trouble than he's worth to me....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
shmic_s
Club Player

Re: Will be interesting...

stinger wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:A lot of the mock drafts have - Jack DARLING sliding past our pick # 24. If he is still available we would be mad not to take him he is exactly what we need up forward (HAMILL like) only taller and a better kick !!!

there is an article on jack in today's age

enjoy the read...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/j ... 17vwe.html
Yeah was about to post the same link. Tread with caution, but could be the bargin of the draft.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Wouldnt have a clue who we will pick but we will only use 4 picks instead of 6 we could use. We will pick 3 young guys, one which will be victorian and an older guy which will be either a ex AFL player or a older state player. Mark this all down as fact.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Wouldnt have a clue who we will pick but we will only use 4 picks instead of 6 we could use. We will pick 3 young guys, one which will be victorian and an older guy which will be either a ex AFL player or a older state player. Mark this all down as fact.

:roll: yeah albert... :roll: :roll: :roll:keep posting enough crap...and once in awhile....or century ...you gotta hit pay dirt..... :roll: :twisted:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Bugger plugging gaps, just get the best available at the time.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Wouldnt have a clue who we will pick but we will only use 4 picks instead of 6 we could use. We will pick 3 young guys, one which will be victorian and an older guy which will be either a ex AFL player or a older state player. Mark this all down as fact.

:roll: yeah albert... :roll: :roll: :roll:
For a person who claims stalking on another threead you really are a pot kettle black old cleaner who lies a lot.

ffs ffs rolling eyes dumb lying cleaner ffs emoticon ffs old knows nothing lies ffs but mainly dumb down cleaner ffs old

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

For a person who claims stalking on another threead you really are a pot kettle black old cleaner who lies a lot.

ffs ffs rolling eyes dumb lying cleaner ffs emoticon ffs old knows nothing lies ffs but mainly dumb down cleaner ffs old

you been stalking me for years albert......and if we are talking about liars....you take the cake......seeing you don't know who your father was...you can hardly maintain that one of his friends coached the saints thirds ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

going to buy a saints membership this year troll....??...bahahahahaha

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

you been stalking me for years albert......and if we are talking about liars....you take the cake......seeing you don't know who your father was...you can hardly maintain that one of his friends coached the saints thirds ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you werent so old I could understand how gullible someone could be but considering you are older than Adam you wouldnt think you could be that gullible. A gullible cleaner who tells people on here he is a rich lawyer who get propositioned. Now that is the funniest thing I have ever read. Now please go back to your cleaning duties or at least take a nap so you can say up till 8pm tonight and finally stop dribbling and get someone to change your nappy. They do say when you get older you go back to doing things that you did as a baby so I shouldnt have a go at you for that.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

If you werent so old I could understand how gullible someone could be but considering you are older than Adam you wouldnt think you could be that gullible. A gullible cleaner who tells people on here he is a rich lawyer who get propositioned. Now that is the funniest thing I have ever read. Now please go back to your cleaning duties or at least take a nap so you can say up till 8pm tonight and finally stop dribbling and get someone to change your nappy. They do say when you get older you go back to doing things that you did as a baby so I shouldnt have a go at you for that.

you really are a sad sad sack....dream on ....i'm pretty happy with my lot in life,,,and you are obviously not...

ps.....maybe your mum can give you a few hints on who your father was albert...although i suspect it was a dark night and he kept his hat on.... :wink: :wink: 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

you really are a sad sad sack....dream on clown..i'm pretty happy with my lot in life,,,and you sre obviously not...

ps.....maybe your mum can give you a few hints on who your father was albert...although i suspect it was a dark night and he kept his hat on.... :wink: :wink: 8-)
I know exactly who my Father is but i am worried for you. Your children have no idea who there father is. They think it is a cleaner who lies but I am afraid you have been the one who has been lied to for years.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

More popcorn please.

Sainterman
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:More popcorn please.
Even better, perhaps we can keep the thread on track.

I think we will be going with 4 quicks...unless something happens in terms of availability...and then 1-2 recycled players. Neagle as the third forward would not surprise me...imagine if the guy actually worked hard!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:

I think we will be going with 4 quicks...unless something happens in terms of availability...and then 1-2 recycled players. Neagle as the third forward would not surprise me...imagine if the guy actually worked hard!
We will only use 4 picks I believe.

Sainterman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:

We will only use 4 picks I believe.
You may well be right in terms of tomorrow...perhaps the PSD might yield something too?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:

Four quicks? Are we selecting a Test Cricket Team?

Gershwin
Club Player

Plugger66 on points for me.

His counter-punching was sublime and that reference to dribbling and changing the nappy was very clever.

Stinger overused the emoticons and that bit about Plugger66 not knowing who his father was - below the belt I thought - could have been disqualified. And I hated that “bahahahahahaâ€

summertime and the living is easy ........
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I know exactly who my Father is but i am worried for you. Your children have no idea who there father is. They think it is a cleaner who lies but I am afraid you have been the one who has been lied to for years.

oh dear...you're nearly illiterate as well as illegitimate you poor sod....

for a start that's "their'....next...your sentences don't make a lot of sense.....no one's been lying to me, albert....and lastly...there are absolutely no prizes on here for second..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

that better, Gershwin???? 8-)
Last edited by stinger on Wed 17 Nov 2010 5:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:

no...five kids and one retread.....