Sliding doors

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sliding doors

I was at the '71 GF and I think Yabby got out coached on the day, especially in the second half- a couple of clever moves by Kennedy and that turned the game. We do get exposed by opposition coaches who think out of the box and are prepared to take risks. The 97 GF was going to be tough due to injuries going into the game, but Alves was outsmarted by Blight who took risks, especially in the second half and played through players who were not in their usual roles. Lyon's GFs again showed his unwillingness to alter his standard game plan and take any risks in the biggest game of the year...no plan B, and it will probably mean he wont get a flag in his coaching time.

Austinnn
Club Player

Re: Sliding doors

ace wrote:
SaintPav wrote: Ace, linking our poor history to the myth that the ALP are poor economic managers is a real stretch.

In the 1970s there was an oil crisis and we had stagflation. The recession in the early 90s impacted most of the world.

When it comes to the global economy, Australia is a cork in an ocean. Apart from policy mistakes which are made on both sides, politicians can't really do that much.
I lived the 1970s.
High Inflation and high interest rates resulted directly from government behaviour.
In the 2000s the Labor governments of Rudd and Gillard had some excuses.
In the 1970s Whitlam's only excuse was - we have been out of government for 23 years waiting to implement our dreams and we may never have another chance in our lifetimes.
They totally ignored the global and domestic economic circumstances at the time and proceeded to go spending bezerk.
The oil crisis affected the rest of the world especially the USA - it was targetted at them for their support of Israel - but had little effect on Australia.

Anyone who thinks the Rudd and Gillard governments were our worst economic managers never lived the Whitlam years.
Sadly the St Kilda football club lived those years too.
Bump!
http://www.mamamia.com.au/news/gough-wh ... ievements/

RIP Gough.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone