Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Enrico_Misso wrote:I think we need to pray for a Liberal win - in more ways than one
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/victo ... 1qzcq.html

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:I think we need to pray for a Liberal win - in more ways than one
Not helping, magnifisaint! Andrews needs an incentive to match this deal. Who has some saintly leverage?

Always loyal
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:

Would love for the saints to go back to St Kilda but I aren't voting for any party based on a politicians promise to send them there I think there are other issues with the state election apart from St Kilda

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/vict ... 7131220481

Its a lock -Saints moving back to Junction Oval !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Gershwin
Club Player

So we get to SHARE the gym, weights room etc. with Cricket (and yes the sports do overlap during the year), and we get to train on the adjoining oval - not the Junction Oval - that belongs to the cricketers. And the adjoining oval is used by an amateur club for matches during the season (spoiling the condition of the surface).

Really struggling to see this as a win.

summertime and the living is easy ........
defacto
Club Player

Gershwin wrote:So we get to SHARE the gym, weights room etc. with Cricket (and yes the sports do overlap during the year), and we get to train on the adjoining oval - not the Junction Oval - that belongs to the cricketers. And the adjoining oval is used by an amateur club for matches during the season (spoiling the condition of the surface).

i think you are being a bit precious

you'd find thered be various community groups using the linen house stuff during the week as well. its nothing new

moorabin currently has a number of community football groups using the oval. the surface is still very good.

what about the paddock melb and the pies use plus other sporting groups and the public

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I dont give a flying fig which party wins but I am absolutely 100% and million fold behind a shift to and rejuvenation of the JO.

Grow some CAHOONAS.

We will rot a death in Seaford and Moorabin aint much better. This is a national comp now.

Gershwin
Club Player

defacto wrote:
Gershwin wrote:So we get to SHARE the gym, weights room etc. with Cricket (and yes the sports do overlap during the year), and we get to train on the adjoining oval - not the Junction Oval - that belongs to the cricketers. And the adjoining oval is used by an amateur club for matches during the season (spoiling the condition of the surface).

i think you are being a bit precious

you'd find thered be various community groups using the linen house stuff during the week as well. its nothing new

moorabin currently has a number of community football groups using the oval. the surface is still very good.

what about the paddock melb and the pies use plus other sporting groups and the public
Fair enough. Just hope we don't end up getting pushed around.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Bowey Boy
Club Player

"Labor leader Daniel Andrews recently pledged $25 million to redevelop the facility for cricket compared with a $70million pledge to Geelong's Kardinia Park." What is left to do to it, plate the seats with gold?

Seriously - I get fed up about how much money gets shunted into Pussyland for their stadium. I would happily vote for the party that gives the least amount to the pussies in the election.

Glad to see all that money that was spent on lighting Pussy Park is being put to good use. One night game there next year I think.

Back at the plot - just get out of Seaford - to anywhere within 15 kms of town. Footy is a glamorous sport and players do not want to promenade in the sticks - rightly or wrongly.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I dont give a flying fig which party wins but I am absolutely 100% and million fold behind a shift to and rejuvenation of the JO.

Grow some CAHOONAS.

We will rot a death in Seaford and Moorabin aint much better. This is a national comp now.

Yes its a national comp but I have no idea why that means we need to train at a ground over the road from the JO. What we do need being a national comp is the best facilities whether they are at Seaford, Moorabbin or over the road from the JO. And we need the use of the facilities when we need to use them and not be the poor second cousin.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

yep....back to being the poor out of town rellies forced to live in a caravan and use the outside dunny......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I dont give a flying fig which party wins but I am absolutely 100% and million fold behind a shift to and rejuvenation of the JO.

Grow some CAHOONAS.

Yes its a national comp but I have no idea why that means we need to train at a ground over the road from the JO. What we do need being a national comp is the best facilities whether they are at Seaford, Moorabbin or over the road from the JO. And we need the use of the facilities when we need to use them and not be the poor second cousin.
Exactly P66, most of the time when something looks to good to be true it usually is and this worries me. I mean why are our young guys all re signing despite the fact that we are training at Seaford. For them Seaford is probably way more convenient to travel to than the Junction Oval ever will be.
Remember our guys and staff will need parking, precious little of that around J.O. Also the impact the Grand Prix has on the area for all of March, just as we are ramping up for a new season.
I think many here are blinded by the romance of going back to the J.O. which in actual fact we aren't and not with the reality is that we will could very well be in the same position as we were when we decided to leave 50 years ago.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Grow some CAHOONAS.

Exactly P66, most of the time when something looks to good to be true it usually is and this worries me. I mean why are our young guys all re signing despite the fact that we are training at Seaford. For them Seaford is probably way more convenient to travel to than the Junction Oval ever will be.
Remember our guys and staff will need parking, precious little of that around J.O. Also the impact the Grand Prix has on the area for all of March, just as we are ramping up for a new season.
I think many here are blinded by the romance of going back to the J.O. which in actual fact we aren't and not with the reality is that we will could very well be in the same position as we were when we decided to leave 50 years ago.
yep......and we didn't look back for nigh on ten years.....zoning screwed us not morrabbin.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Audio of this mornings announcement

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Well 59 million is a serious commitment, look despite my reservations, I would like to see it be a success, it would be great assuming it is done right. Mind you, if we had been allowed to re develop Moorabbin the way we wanted to do, we probably wouldn't have been involved with this.
As for Geelong getting those millions, hey if you live in a marginal seat, they love throwing money at you.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Being screwed over by Cricket is what led us to leave in the first place....... I just hope history doesn't repeat itself.
Last edited by BakesFan on Sat 22 Nov 2014 10:18am, edited 1 time in total.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand kardinia park getting all that money. Enlighten me!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Labor is promising $25 million towards redevelopment of the Junction Oval and the Fibs $20 million. For Labor to match the Fibs, they would have to reduce their offer, which I guess they might be inclined to do if they should win. Hopefully, those who "partnered" Naphthalene in the announcement will make the same level of contribution once the people have disposed of the Fib rabble next Saturday.
Last edited by perfectionist on Sat 22 Nov 2014 12:28pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote: As for Geelong getting those millions, hey if you live in a marginal seat, they love throwing money at you.
Fair enough, but there's heaps of other stuff down here they could throw $70 million at.

Just looks like quick, lazy popularism to many.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

3rd generation saint wrote: Exactly P66, most of the time when something looks to good to be true it usually is and this worries me. I mean why are our young guys all re signing despite the fact that we are training at Seaford. For them Seaford is probably way more convenient to travel to than the Junction Oval ever will be.
The Grand Prix and the publicity and marketing and exposure opportunities that it offers is a major plus.

(How much would it cost a company to have signage at the GP? If you sponsor the mighty Saintas, you'll have signage as part of the deal. None of the vanilla clubs can match that.

How many people go to the GF? I'd guess ~250,000! And we're sitting right there... opportunity that no other vanilla club can match, but would die for... Eddie Everywhere will be green with envy when he cottons on.)

Sharing the gym and other facilitiesis also a bonus.
- The more parties to any funding submission, the greater your chances.
- Cross pollination of ideas and contacts and sponsorship opportunities.

For all this, we don't need to be on the actual JO, but once the cricket season is over, it would be ludicrous to have that wonderful facility sitting idle... you can't play centre wicket turf cricket there in winter, and the current footy and other events at the ground have no wrecked the wicket.

They play elite level footy and cricket on the Adelaide Oval, Gabba, MCG, SCG...

And in summer when cricket is using the oval, the Saintas train over the road... just like we did when JO was our home. :idea:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

As Sting's article viewtopic.php?f=25&t=87674 points out, the local council, and the local primary school want us back.. I've also heard that the Fitzroy Street traders want us back.
The Junction Oval redevelopment has become a state election issue with local Labor member Martin Foley unwilling to back a shared-facility proposal.

Foley has variously blamed amateur football and the adjoining primary school for blocking the joint venture, but both parties appear supportive of the Saints' relocation.
The local state ALP guy needs to get his facts straight. I'm sure that mad Sainta and local ALP federal guy Michael Danby will straighten him out. :wink:

And I haven't been able to find a ref', but I'm pretty sure that Daniel Andrews is a Sainta(?)

Besides, there are certain well connected individuals who command clout with both sides of politic, who are very keen to get us back home.

It'll happen, not overnight, but I'll happen.

And when it does, Saints back home will be the single biggest thing in our history... the turning point from which our magnificent maverick club finally starts to unleash its full potential... the kraken will awake, the juggernaut will start to roll..., and Pluggs will be available for match day pics in front of our grand stands. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Now the Libs are offering 15mil if elected to do the junction.

Dennis is closing in on maverick Andrews and I'm confident the Libs can hold onto powers.

The lefties on here should be getting a bit nervous - it's not going to be a whitewash

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:As Sting's article viewtopic.php?f=25&t=87674 points out, the local council, and the local primary school want us back.. I've also heard that the Fitzroy Street traders want us back.
The Junction Oval redevelopment has become a state election issue with local Labor member Martin Foley unwilling to back a shared-facility proposal.

Foley has variously blamed amateur football and the adjoining primary school for blocking the joint venture, but both parties appear supportive of the Saints' relocation.
The local state ALP guy needs to get his facts straight. I'm sure that mad Sainta and local ALP federal guy Michael Danby will straighten him out. :wink:

And I haven't been able to find a ref', but I'm pretty sure that Daniel Andrews is a Sainta(?)

Besides, there are certain well connected individuals who command clout with both sides of politic, who are very keen to get us back home.

It'll happen, not overnight, but I'll happen.

And when it does, Saints back home will be the single biggest thing in our history... the turning point from which our magnificent maverick club finally starts to unleash its full potential... the kraken will awake, the juggernaut will start to roll..., and Pluggs will be available for match day pics in front of our grand stands. :D

You had your latest mental check up Dave? I don't do photos at cricket grounds by the way. If any moron did want a photo with me it will happen at Etihad watching us play, not at the JO watching Victoria train for cricket.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote: Exactly P66, most of the time when something looks to good to be true it usually is and this worries me. I mean why are our young guys all re signing despite the fact that we are training at Seaford. For them Seaford is probably way more convenient to travel to than the Junction Oval ever will be.
The Grand Prix and the publicity and marketing and exposure opportunities that it offers is a major plus.

(How much would it cost a company to have signage at the GP? If you sponsor the mighty Saintas, you'll have signage as part of the deal. None of the vanilla clubs can match that.

How many people go to the GF? I'd guess ~250,000! And we're sitting right there... opportunity that no other vanilla club can match, but would die for... Eddie Everywhere will be green with envy when he cottons on.)

Sharing the gym and other facilitiesis also a bonus.
- The more parties to any funding submission, the greater your chances.
- Cross pollination of ideas and contacts and sponsorship opportunities.

For all this, we don't need to be on the actual JO, but once the cricket season is over, it would be ludicrous to have that wonderful facility sitting idle... you can't play centre wicket turf cricket there in winter, and the current footy and other events at the ground have no wrecked the wicket.

They play elite level footy and cricket on the Adelaide Oval, Gabba, MCG, SCG...

And in summer when cricket is using the oval, the Saintas train over the road... just like we did when JO was our home. :idea:

Yep because CV are really going to let us train on 2 grounds when we will have one over the road. Time to get off what ever you are on and realise if we do go there we will be sharing facilities and most likely we will be the poor second cousin and we will train over the road and not at the JO. Those are facts presented so apart from them telling us we maybe the poor second cousin. Never bben any mention of us ever training at the JO.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:... but I'm pretty sure that Daniel Andrews is a Sainta(?)D
Nope. Bombers.