Thanks TDL and CJ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Thanks TDL and CJ

Both are playing for Sandy next season.

Invaluable support for the developing kids they'll provide.

Really good news and something we as Sainters should respect.

Much better for us than them chasing coin in country and suburban leagues like a lot of players do.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
8bloggs
Club Player

Re: Thanks TDL and CJ

Hope it goes well for Clint and Dennis.
Good to see a connection with the club continuing beyond their senior playing days.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Especially CJ he was a very important player for one of our greatest eras. I'm glad we have him around the kids, he works his arse off in anything he does.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

gringo wrote:Especially CJ he was a very important player for one of our greatest eras. I'm glad we have him around the kids, he works his arse off in anything he does.
Agreed.

CJ's burning desire to make the most of his career dwarfed any perceived shortcomings in his game.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
asiu
Saintsational Legend

:)
... good effort d.mc

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
rodrocket
Club Player

Makes you feel terrific that delisted players still want to help the club.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

yea
... has a bit of a good vibe about it.

maybe we (the club) actually are doin things a little smarter
... more than just talking the jive about worlds best practice.

if they keep this up , i might have to start giving them some of my coin again.
... who's driving this family feel ... the Coach ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
avid
Club Player

Wow -- I'm really impressed that both of them wanted to stick around -- after having been dumped.
Clint Jones has only ever shown courage and loyalty and determination.
TDL I was very impressed with in an interview at Sandy I saw on telly -- seemed a very nice guy, modest and wry.
Very good for club spirit and stability

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To be honest who cares. Obviously some but I couldn't give a rats.

SideshowMilne
Club Player

Thanks P66, good to know.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SideshowMilne wrote:Thanks P66, good to know.

No worries. I will keep you up to date with other things I don't care about. Xmas for one.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:To be honest who cares. Obviously some but I couldn't give a rats.
Thanks for that

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SideshowMilne wrote:Thanks P66, good to know.

No worries. I will keep you up to date with other things I don't care about. Xmas for one.
Bah Humbug!

Saintsational Legend

CJ could be the new Phil Stevens - captain of the reserves side after our great era of the early 70s - who helped guys like Sarau, Colling, Barks, Duperouzel, Cunningham, Burns and Bennett to develop. Good luck to him; great clubman.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:To be honest who cares. Obviously some but I couldn't give a rats.
I am the same.

TDL was awful and CJ (especially in his latter years) was not much better.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
I am the same.

My reasons aren't that at all. If it lenny I wouldn't care either. Sandy IMO aren't the saints. They aren't a real side. They are a combination who are run by Sandy. I follow the saints and the saints players at Sandy. Not guys that were even Saints players.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
I am the same.

My reasons aren't that at all. If it lenny I wouldn't care either. Sandy IMO aren't the saints. They aren't a real side. They are a combination who are run by Sandy. I follow the saints and the saints players at Sandy. Not guys that were even Saints players.
Yes and no.

Yes they aren't the Saints but their coach is on our payroll and we try and influence them as much as we can, as we should.

So given that, you should care to a degree if that makes sense.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
I am the same.

Yes and no.

Yes they aren't the Saints but their coach is on our payroll and we try and influence them as much as we can, as we should.

So given that, you should care to a degree if that makes sense.

Yep I care that Saints players aren't injured. I don't give a clacker whether they win or lose.

damienc
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
I am the same.

This is the argument in a nutshell for why we should have our own St Kilda Reserves side. And while they are at it, they should get rid of the TAC Cup and re-introduce the Under 19s with the Reserves and the Under 19s all playing on match day as entertainment for all of the loyal supporters who pay good money to go to footy games and support their clubs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
I am the same.

This is the argument in a nutshell for why we should have our own St Kilda Reserves side. And while they are at it, they should get rid of the TAC Cup and re-introduce the Under 19s with the Reserves and the Under 19s all playing on match day as entertainment for all of the loyal supporters who pay good money to go to footy games and support their clubs.
We certainly should have our own reserves but forget the under 19 stuff. TAC is perfect. Not sure we could play reserves games before the main games to often especially in the middle on winter. It would wreck the grounds if it rained.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
damienc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
I am the same.

We certainly should have our own reserves but forget the under 19 stuff. TAC is perfect. Not sure we could play reserves games before the main games to often especially in the middle on winter. It would wreck the grounds if it rained.
Um Etihad has a roof plugs

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
damienc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
I am the same.

Um Etihad has a roof plugs

Are all games played at Etihad? Now that's new. Also how do the guys get time off work to play at 4 before night games. It can be done occasionally but no way will it happen regularly.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I can see that being a big problem with our 22 Friday night games this year.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I can see that being a big problem with our 22 Friday night games this year.

I didn't know it was only our club playing before the seniors. Wow we are bigger than I thought.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:I can see that being a big problem with our 22 Friday night games this year.

I didn't know it was only our club playing before the seniors. Wow we are bigger than I thought.
I couldn't care less what happens before non Saints games. It doesn't have to be a whole league thing. The Cats have done it in the past.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"