Richo message or saying

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Richo message or saying

We all know Lyon loved to bring out "pleasing" a lot but what have people noticed Richo goes to a lot?
Last year for me it was "we would prefer to wear out than rust out" or something like that
This year in reference to the recruits its " X is here for a career not a season" or something like that
What have you guys noticed and liked or disliked about Richo's messages or sayings

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Richo message or saying

Richo is preparing us for another season of significant pain and quite possibly another after that. Three years at the bottom may test the patience of the board.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Well , the Board need to pull their heads out of their respective rectums then.
We've been here before.

Lets not repeat the cycle of replacing purposable passion with the pencil pushing pirates 'n poachers once again
Let the coach lead his kids.
All the way.

... a ten year plan aint 2 x 5 with a broom through our momentum in years 5&6

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote:Well , the Board need to pull their heads out of their respective rectums then.
We've been here before.

Lets not repeat the cycle of replacing purposable passion with the pencil pushing pirates 'n poachers once again
All the way.

You're right Q'uo. I just can't think of many boards, not just ours, who would be, or have been very generous. Three years at the bottom is usually enough to be shown the door. I just hope we can show enough improvement over the next two years to convince the decision makers we are on the right track.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Principle of Q'uo wrote:Well , the Board need to pull their heads out of their respective rectums then.
We've been here before.

All the way.

You're right Q'uo. I just can't think of many boards, not just ours, who would be, or have been very generous. Three years at the bottom is usually enough to be shown the door. I just hope we can show enough improvement over the next two years to convince the decision makers we are on the right track.
If that's the case then we need a new board. They were the ones who picked the last 2 coaches. Not only does the coach need the players but the club needs the right environment.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
We've been here before.

All the way.

If that's the case then we need a new board. They were the ones who picked the last 2 coaches. Not only does the coach need the players but the club needs the right environment.
Did you guys all just completely miss the point of the thread?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Richo's crooked mouth is mesmerizing.

Saintsational Legend

Did you guys all just completely miss the point of the thread?
Oh yea.
... lol

well .....
he started it !

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

The club has been preparing the members and supporters for bottom of the ladder results for the past two years.

the members have seemed to accept this is athe case and the board and admin have gone to great pains to do what they can for a club in our situation - instill hope.

Future fest was a good initiative. Sells hope for the future and sells stability.

The trading period - lots of too'ing and fro'ing but upshot was we kept no.1 got Membrew for nicks, (a smallish forward with potential) andwhile mildy controversial we traded Stanley for 21 which seemed to be overs (and confirmed by the selection of Goddard at draft day)

Draft day - McCartin and then the slider in Goddard. Like everything at the Saints looking to the futurebut if potential turns into reality we may have a spine for a decade. The other selections are quite faniced (MacKenzie and Lonie) as well.

PSD - the good news story in re drafting Saad. In itself not earth shattering, but kept the momentum of positive news going the Saints way.

25k members before Xmas - another very positive initiative from the admin.

All good positive news for the Saints and selling the one thing we have in currency - hope.

Lets face it, Saints were last by a long long way last year. The admin had been dealt a poor hand as far as positives go but played it damn well.

I cant remember a wooden spooner getting as much news as the Saints over this summer.

I dont know if Richo can coach. with the list he ahad last season who knows. Probably the same this coming season. 2016 should see the pressure on Richo to see if he is up to the task.

You are garbage - Enough said
bigballs
Club Player

To get back on subject, one of Richo's favorite sayings and one that I've noticed he says a lot is "Birth dates are irrelevant, if the player is good enough....he's in", or words to that effect!!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Richo is preparing us for another season of significant pain and quite possibly another after that. Three years at the bottom may test the patience of the board.
I disagree. 2016 won't be a year of pain. This year we will start to see some pleasing (pardon Lyonism) signs.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Munga
Saintsational Legend

I've heard it a few times and I love it....

“We won’t be putting any limits on the group in terms of wins or losses,”
and
“We won’t be putting any limits on the team and we’ll get what we deserve.”

Richo, no limits.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:I've heard it a few times and I love it....

and

Richo, no limits.

You have heard it a few times

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... e1185e245d

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Munga wrote:I've heard it a few times and I love it....

and

Richo, no limits.

You have heard it a few times

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... e1185e245d
Well, sh*t. :lol:

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Richo is preparing us for another season of significant pain and quite possibly another after that. Three years at the bottom may test the patience of the board.
I disagree. 2016 won't be a year of pain. This year we will start to see some pleasing (pardon Lyonism) signs.
I sincerely hope you're right, Sainternist. Personally, I think we might surprise a few, especially if we have a better run with injuries. My point was, I don't think we'll end up at the bottom for the next two years, it's just if things don't go our way and we do, then things might get interesting.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
I sincerely hope you're right, Sainternist. Personally, I think we might surprise a few, especially if we have a better run with injuries. My point was, I don't think we'll end up at the bottom for the next two years, it's just if things don't go our way and we do, then things might get interesting.
We have a fun season of footy ahead, WW. Absolutely nothing to lose, except games to the stronger teams. I reckon we'll be far more competitive, particularly against the mediocre and mid-table teams and we'll see the emergence of some genuine young talent.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
We have a fun season of footy ahead, WW. Absolutely nothing to lose, except games to the stronger teams. I reckon we'll be far more competitive, particularly against the mediocre and mid-table teams and we'll see the emergence of some genuine young talent.
i think you are pretty spot on there.....i agree with you 100 %

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

Hope you are right but I cant see any reason for you being right. I have us winning between one and three games based on common sense. I have us winning 5 based on following the saints. Would love 3 wins to be honest but if we don't win early we may not win at all. Our percentage really told us how bad we were last year unfortunately.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

Hope you are right but I cant see any reason for you being right. I have us winning between one and three games based on common sense. I have us winning 5 based on following the saints. Would love 3 wins to be honest but if we don't win early we may not win at all. Our percentage really told us how bad we were last year unfortunately.

I know we had some blow outs but I thought we were in a lot of games also. A few go our way early and 5 to 7 is probably possible as I think there are a few more teams likely to drop off a bit this year. Injuries will play a big part though as they do with any team. I would hope we see a massive jump in performance for guys like Lee, Ross, Wright, Webster, Hickey etc. All have been around long enough to start to reward on field. We should at least get the enjoyment of watching some significant progress. We get a full year out of Armo, Geary, Jack, Gilbert and Fisher and we should improve on last year alone

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

I know we had some blow outs but I thought we were in a lot of games also. A few go our way early and 5 to 7 is probably possible as I think there are a few more teams likely to drop off a bit this year. Injuries will play a big part though as they do with any team. I would hope we see a massive jump in performance for guys like Lee, Ross, Wright, Webster, Hickey etc. All have been around long enough to start to reward on field. We should at least get the enjoyment of watching some significant progress. We get a full year out of Armo, Geary, Jack, Gilbert and Fisher and we should improve on last year alone

The only player that I see really improving our side who wasn't at their best last year is Steven. That is balanced out and more by losing Lenny. Some young kids will improve but again that is balanced out by Rooy probably not being as good as last year. We had the pathetic percentage last year and it included a 10 goal win. I hope we improve this year but the last thing I want to see on here is abuse to our team because some idiots thought we maybe capable of winning 6-8 games this year and we only win 3. Some sides will struggle this season but who will we actually beat. GWS round one is huge as far as winning 5 games this year. Lose that and it will be a long year because thee isn't many logical games we can win. And IMO im not being negative im being realistic. Go back to the start of 2011 and ive nearly got everything right about how our club would go in the next few year. Got a hell of a lot of other things wrong though.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I don't think we will win more than 5 games but I think we will generally play better than last year.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
i totally agree with your comments...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

He comes out with....'it's really exciting'...quite a bit.

I'm excited about this season, so it worked on me.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

2014 was a good year.
Any year where we muck up Freo's top 2 aspirations and discover some new talent is OK by me!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:2014 was a good year.
Any year where we muck up Freo's top 2 aspirations and discover some new talent is OK by me!

Weird that you care more about another side than our own. Our year was very bad. Who cares about other sides. Me thinks you worry far to much about RL which would seem a real worry.