Daniel McKenzie

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Daniel McKenzie

Con Gorozidis wrote:Thanks Spacey,
I hadnt read that about the migraines. I wasnt worried about him not playing this game - I just figured that if he was training and hadnt played any games at all including the intra-club then maybe there were some real problems. If you cant play at all for a month and you arent injured thats more than just a flu or something.
He actually said that he expected to be playing at sandy this week rather than the NAB game against the Hawks.

It was also reported that he had been suffering from a series of migraines.

Looking forward to seeing him on the track.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Playing for Sandy this week

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:Playing for Sandy this week
good news.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Apparently went pretty well on the weekend and layed 7 tackles, according to Paul Hudson
McKenzie and Goddard both named in the best players along with Holmes

FQF
SS Life Member

saintbob wrote:Apparently went pretty well on the weekend and layed 7 tackles, according to Paul Hudson

FQF
SS Life Member

saintbob wrote:Apparently went pretty well on the weekend and layed 7 tackles, according to Paul Hudson
I wouldn't read anything into the 'best' list.

Tackles are good but it would be nice to know his other stats.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Decent review by 'Blurt' on bigfooty.
Not much intel on DMac except he is alive and kicking.

Positive report on Payne which is pleasing.

FQF
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Decent review by 'Blurt' on bigfooty.

Link for those of us who aren't familiar with bigfooty?

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Can someone get this Blurt over to SS then

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Decent review by 'Blurt' on bigfooty.

Link for those of us who aren't familiar with bigfooty?
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/s ... 933/page-3

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-03-2 ... k-on-track
DANIEL McKenzie has recovered from the virus that kept him sidelined for St Kilda’s pre-season fixtures.

The 18-year-old, who was selected with pick 22 in the 2014 National Draft, missed a chunk of training that ultimately put an end to his NAB Challenge campaign before it began.

Now back to full health, he laid seven tackles and played a solid game for Sandringham last Sunday in a VFL practice match.

“I don’t think I missed too much training that I won’t be able to catch up on,” McKenzie told SAINTS.com.au.

“Probably the running is what I need to get back up to speed on because they did a lot of that, plus match simulation, while I was away.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
McKenzie desperately wished he could be out there playing alongside fellow draftees Paddy McCartin, Hugh Goddard and Jack Lonie, but it was not until the club’s final NAB Challenge game where the ex-Oakleigh Charger felt properly envious.

“Not playing didn’t really hit home for the first few games,” he conceded.

“But the last match, against Hawthorn, on the big stage at Etihad really made me jealous. I wanted to be out there playing against the best.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Great news.
I guess the extra steps up in training requirements can be a real shock for some kids bodies.
This is why only the real pros last - need to get sleep, diet etc all in order to survive a pre-season.
Kid will be better for the experience. 7 tackles in his first hit out is no mean feat. Imagine what he can do when hes healthy and fit.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Well he is behind the 8 ball but all he needs to do is get back up to speed and then start playing some blinders in the VFL and he will be in like Flynn. (Enough cliche's for you)?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I imagine he is a bit like Acres last year. He is a bigger midfielder and still really thin in the arms and upper body. I am not expecting a huge out put this year so anything is a bonus.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I imagine he is a bit like Acres last year. He is a bigger midfielder and still really thin in the arms and upper body. I am not expecting a huge out put this year so anything is a bonus.
Is his disposal like Acres, lets hope he's a bit better than that, less time in the Academy

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
gringo wrote:I imagine he is a bit like Acres last year. He is a bigger midfielder and still really thin in the arms and upper body. I am not expecting a huge out put this year so anything is a bonus.
Is his disposal like Acres, lets hope he's a bit better than that, less time in the Academy

Acres was very highly regarded as a junior for his disposal so hopefully he improves with experience. Acres was injured for the preseason and reinjured himself during the proper season so he's hard to gauge but I doubt either are your brilliant from game one types. Both seem a little shy and quiet and look the slow build up types. Acres only managed 3 games last year so a bit hard to gauge especially on the back of a limited build up to the season from time in a moon boot. He is obviously alway going to be compared to Nat Fyfe as they both have similar traits and are almost exactly the same size and play more as mobile midfielders despite being 190cm a size that made you a utility once because you weren't the right size for anything. They were taken at pick 19 and 20 respectively from the WAFL also so I think he's going to be compared- hopefully favourably.

Mc Kenzie just seems a bit skinny to be shoved straight into the midfield and has a quiet personality. He apparently is highly regarded for his endurance speed and agility so you never know. He's a really nice guy with impeccable manners. He's the type of kid every parent would like their daughters to bring home. He doesn't seem to have a lot of mongrel in him. Compared to Lonie who apparently got set on by the Bendigo boys in the TAC cup squad and gave one a punch on the chin. He looks like a little Milney style street smart brawler but still a nice kid. That's probably the reason he can slot straight in though.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:

Acres was very highly regarded as a junior for his disposal so hopefully he improves with experience. Acres was injured for the preseason and reinjured himself during the proper season so he's hard to gauge but I doubt either are your brilliant from game one types. Both seem a little shy and quiet and look the slow build up types. Acres only managed 3 games last year so a bit hard to gauge especially on the back of a limited build up to the season from time in a moon boot. He is obviously alway going to be compared to Nat Fyfe as they both have similar traits and are almost exactly the same size and play more as mobile midfielders despite being 190cm a size that made you a utility once because you weren't the right size for anything. They were taken at pick 19 and 20 respectively from the WAFL also so I think he's going to be compared- hopefully favourably.

Mc Kenzie just seems a bit skinny to be shoved straight into the midfield and has a quiet personality. He apparently is highly regarded for his endurance speed and agility so you never know. He's a really nice guy with impeccable manners. He's the type of kid every parent would like their daughters to bring home. He doesn't seem to have a lot of mongrel in him. Compared to Lonie who apparently got set on by the Bendigo boys in the TAC cup squad and gave one a punch on the chin. He looks like a little Milney style street smart brawler but still a nice kid. That's probably the reason he can slot straight in though.
Great overview.

The other thing to look at is their actual ages:

Luke Dunstan 20y1m
Jack Sinclair 20y1m
Blake Acres 19y5m
Paddy McCartin 18y11m
D McKenzie 18y10m
J Lonie 18y7m

nb: B Payne is the youngest bloke on our list.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

loris
Saintsational Legend

Gringo I love your reports, especially your opinions on what the lads are like as individuals!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Gringo I love your reports, especially your opinions on what the lads are like as individuals!

Thanks Loris we have a really good group of young men to build a strong culture around now. There has definitely been a lot of focus on decent young man who are going to be trouble free citizens.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
loris wrote:Gringo I love your reports, especially your opinions on what the lads are like as individuals!

Thanks Loris we have a really good group of young men to build a strong culture around now. There has definitely been a lot of focus on decent young man who are going to be trouble free citizens.

Agreed. Most players from all clubs are the same IMO. Just like any work place some are tools.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

More of this

And less of this

loris
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:More of this

And less of this

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great Con :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SemperFidelis