Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lefty
Club Player

Re: Jake Carlisle

ripplug66 wrote:
Ned Stark wrote:Further to my earlier post, I am confident that whoever goes at pick 5 will be a better player than Carlisle. Mathieson sounds like a taller version of Joel Sellwood. Francis sounds like BJ 2.0 and Parish sounds like an elite line breaking mid with skills. I see JC as a possible bonus if we can get away with it, but we are still very early in our rebuild and can't afford to blow a top 5 pick on a 24 year old, unless it is Dangerfield or Fyfe. Someone mentioned the Trent Croad deal that Freo did. I see parallels if we don't hold our nerve until the very end of trade week.

If it is pick 5 we will get something back but there is nothing wrong with using pick 5 on a 24 year old. Still could play for nearly 10 years. Most pick 5's probably don't get near ten years.
So are you suggesting he could play until 34 years old?

I highly highly doubt that would be the case.

- Plagued with Knee Tendinitis
- History of a Chronic Back Issue
- He has not even play a full complete season
- His best season was in 2013... at this period of time, he is not even near worth Pick #5
- I'm not sure he has the attitude to play until 34.

Best bet, you'll get 6-7 years tops from someone who is already injury plagued.
On top of that, what is his skills like exactly?

We should be aiming for Hawthorn accuracy... that is the standard.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

lefty wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
Ned Stark wrote:Further to my earlier post, I am confident that whoever goes at pick 5 will be a better player than Carlisle. Mathieson sounds like a taller version of Joel Sellwood. Francis sounds like BJ 2.0 and Parish sounds like an elite line breaking mid with skills. I see JC as a possible bonus if we can get away with it, but we are still very early in our rebuild and can't afford to blow a top 5 pick on a 24 year old, unless it is Dangerfield or Fyfe. Someone mentioned the Trent Croad deal that Freo did. I see parallels if we don't hold our nerve until the very end of trade week.

If it is pick 5 we will get something back but there is nothing wrong with using pick 5 on a 24 year old. Still could play for nearly 10 years. Most pick 5's probably don't get near ten years.
So are you suggesting he could play until 34 years old?

I highly highly doubt that would be the case.

- Plagued with Knee Tendinitis
- History of a Chronic Back Issue
- He has not even play a full complete season
- His best season was in 2013... at this period of time, he is not even near worth Pick #5
- I'm not sure he has the attitude to play until 34.

Best bet, you'll get 6-7 years tops from someone who is already injury plagued.
On top of that, what is his skills like exactly?

We should be aiming for Hawthorn accuracy... that is the standard.
FWIW, in his interview on Trade Radio last week, Jake himself said he hopes to have 5 or 6 years of footy left in him.....

To be considering him as a 10 year, 200-gamer is ambitious at best, negligent at worst.

I hope our recruiting guys are aware of where his head is at and negotiate accordingly.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

wasoncestkil58 wrote:
millarsaint wrote:Tom Lee is a swinger too. And even Mitch Brown if we were to pick him up.
Jake will look good in a Saints jumper. For me being the club of choice is now very exciting. Wonder how this makes Brendan Goddard feel?
Couldn't care less what Brendan Goddard felt.

BJ's off to Freo I hear.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:Some here seem to be completely besotted with the green grass that is represented by Carlisle and Freeman

For mine there are so many warning bells with Carlisle

Yes he is big

His disposal efficiency in 2015 was just over 70, compared that to Geary at 77, doesn't that worry you. Don't we want players who can hit targets out of defence?

How many good games has he actually played, games that he taken by the scruff and helped turn, I would say somewhere around 8!!

His body language, is this what we really want at the saints. He never ever seems to be enjoying the game, whether forward or back. Does he look like he inspires?

I may and I am happy to be proven wrong , but I see warning bell after warning bell
Add the WADA bell to that!
Yep, he may turn out to be another Lovett. Delisted before he plays a game in R W 7 B

ripplug66
Club Player

saynta wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:Some here seem to be completely besotted with the green grass that is represented by Carlisle and Freeman

For mine there are so many warning bells with Carlisle

Yes he is big

His disposal efficiency in 2015 was just over 70, compared that to Geary at 77, doesn't that worry you. Don't we want players who can hit targets out of defence?

How many good games has he actually played, games that he taken by the scruff and helped turn, I would say somewhere around 8!!

His body language, is this what we really want at the saints. He never ever seems to be enjoying the game, whether forward or back. Does he look like he inspires?

I may and I am happy to be proven wrong , but I see warning bell after warning bell
Add the WADA bell to that!
Yep, he may turn out to be another Lovett. Delisted before he plays a game in R W 7 B

Well that nice and positive. maybe he will also be as good as Hamill was for us or Dempster or Schneider.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Jake is OOC and wants out. They'll accept whatever deal we give them as long as we're not too ruthless.

If he was a free agent we'd have to worry about a potential matching of contract but they don't even have that to fall back on.

Essendon are not in control with this trade.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Jake is OOC and wants out. They'll accept whatever deal we give them as long as we're not too ruthless.

If he was a free agent we'd have to worry about a potential matching of contract but they don't even have that to fall back on.

fkn rip their nuts out

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
markp
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Jake is OOC and wants out. They'll accept whatever deal we give them as long as we're not too ruthless.

Yup, I'd much rather we played hardball and lost him than pay overs.

I don't think we should be luke ball/filth offer pr!cks, but we should go in with a take this or he'll walk for nothing attitude, and make it quite clear we'll live if we don't do a deal.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I just don't think they (Essendon) are in any position to call the shots.

WADA & the CAS hearing sits off on stage left, and this time next year they may not have a team to play.

Plus a player has to be willing to be traded and if any players agreed to a trade I'd think they have rocks in their head, unless the trade is Seb Ross and he wants to go play with his cousin Jobe Watson.

Time to turn the table St Kilda Football Club, now we're dictate to them after the years of being screwed over by them.

ripplug66
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:I just don't think they (Essendon) are in any position to call the shots.

WADA & the CAS hearing sits off on stage left, and this time next year they may not have a team to play.

Plus a player has to be willing to be traded and if any players agreed to a trade I'd think they have rocks in their head, unless the trade is Seb Ross and he wants to go play with his cousin Jobe Watson.

Time to turn the table St Kilda Football Club, now we're dictate to them after the years of being screwed over by them.

Ross and pick 28 seems fair to both clubs and maybe a win win for both. Ross needs to want to go and they need to want him otherwise we may have to trade pick 5 and get something reasonable in return. Their second round sounds ok and we can use it on Freeman. Pick 5 for Freeman and Carlisle is a bloody good get IMO.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I honestly think I'd be happier with pick #5

Seems like said pick will net us one really good player

I don't know if i see the point of trading it, and spending heaps of $$$ on a questionable player with potential, a lesser pick and another.
Guess we'll get a better idea of the deal when player three's identity becomes apparent

I honestly think a teens pick is too high for Carlisle... And a player too. Absurd

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Pick 5 will get us a bloody good player. It has too stay with us.
We have three years to get a KPD through free agency before we enter our premiership window.
If we don't get Carlisle cheap (pick wise) then I say not at all.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I am not convinced that pick 5 is a million times better than pick 9. There will be good players left at pick 9 - our recruiters just need to get it right.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:Pick 5 will get us a bloody good player. It has too stay with us.
We have three years to get a KPD through free agency before we enter our premiership window.
If we don't get Carlisle cheap (pick wise) then I say not at all.
bloody oath. Essendon can go and stick it up their arse

the dome
Club Player

Pick 5 stays put

Our recruiters were able to pinpoint Billings (early) and Hughie (later) and I see a strong pattern in recent recruiting that they can choose well again.
It strikes me that Pick 5 is in all liklihood very important in the long term. Leave essendon with their Pick 4 and outdraft them @ Pick 5. :D

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I'd much rather back them in with the pick.

Essendon can go flower themselves.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markp
Saintsational Legend

How long will it be before we see a pick as early as 5 again?

I think we either get Carlisle for a bargain, and we keep 5, or he walks from essendon for nada (to the scum who won't be a threat for likely the rest of his career) and we keep 5.

I'd be very happy with either scenario.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Essendon Used Car(lisle) Sales
Our stock is desperate to clear!

Howdy Partner. Giving the tyres a kick on the JAKE I see. Sure is versatile unit. You can park it down back beautifully - has a great spoiler. The way it it drives with aggression you'll definitely gets a lot of marks on it. It also looks good out the front - although it sometimes makes strange whining noises when you do. Works well at heights but solid on the ground.

Now I know what you are thinking "This old bomber ain't worth a first rounder". Well I can tell you it was only driven hard on weekends by a golden haired boy who was often out of the country. Well ok yes he did crash it badly but he's adamant it was someone elses fault even though he was the one driving and hit a brick WADA. What if I told you it had fuel injection. What fuel was injected exactly? Er...lets look at the Dank Motors servicing log book. That's weird, there aren't any entries. Why would people not record what was put in? Very odd.

Yes there may be some suspension issues I'll grant you but I don't think it will be serious. And ok it may be expensive to run for the first few years. And it has broken down a bit I admit. And sure it does look kind of beat down a lot of the time. I admit we haven't looked after it very well here...

Hey, don't walk away. We'll take your ROSS that you are having trouble getting going as a trade in. Please come back...we can do a deal! We need to clear this one quick as its value is dropping every day. Just give us something!!!!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

since when in Football is 24 ' young' yes he may have another 8 yrs but he isn't a 20/ 21 year old

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

do they even know 'What they are arguing

Carlisle worth ' Pick 5 as he is ALMOST and all australian.....

BUT
Essendon has argued that pick five is not as valuable as it would normally be, given two and possibly three northern academy players will be nabbed in the top five on draft night.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3oLZA6fhT
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook'

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Jeremy Howe asked for a trade from Melbourne on Monday. He wants somewhere about $500,000 and the Demons basically said you bugger off. For a guy who can mark the ball and, as yet, do none of the other fundamentals very well, it points to a huge salary and a huge ego for a player who’s living on taking a speccie every second week.

Jake Carlisle, Essendon and St Kilda aren’t close. It’s little wonder. Carlisle has attitude problems stemming back several years and has played six good games in two years.

The Bombers, however, reckon he’s the best thing they’ve seen since Terry Daniher and want pick No. 5 from the Saints. He’s not worth pick No. 5, but nor is he worth anything later than, say, pick No. 15.

There is haggling to be done there and the teams will only get closer if reality enters the deal.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/p ... 7566577712

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:How long will it be before we see a pick as early as 5 again?...
Not long at all unless we start to do a lot better at picking players. We had a number 1 pick this year and we are all hoping like hell that what we saw this year from him was nothing like the player he is going to be. But the signs are not good. Apparently, he is about the same height as Seb Ross but even slower. I saw no leap and he didn't get it often enough to access his field skills.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Jeremy Howe asked for a trade from Melbourne on Monday. He wants somewhere about $500,000 and the Demons basically said you bugger off. For a guy who can mark the ball and, as yet, do none of the other fundamentals very well, it points to a huge salary and a huge ego for a player who’s living on taking a speccie every second week.

Jake Carlisle, Essendon and St Kilda aren’t close. It’s little wonder. Carlisle has attitude problems stemming back several years and has played six good games in two years.

The Bombers, however, reckon he’s the best thing they’ve seen since Terry Daniher and want pick No. 5 from the Saints. He’s not worth pick No. 5, but nor is he worth anything later than, say, pick No. 15.

There is haggling to be done there and the teams will only get closer if reality enters the deal.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/p ... 7566577712

Howe is an ordinary footballer who can jump high

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda are exploring ways of turning pick five into two first round draft selections, to try to deliver a pick to Essendon for Jake Carlisle while maintaining a first-round presence in the draft.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3oLiXHI7X
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook................................

Complicating this plan would be Essendon's threat to take pick four to the same clubs in a bid to strike a similar pick-slide deal and one-up the Saints
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3oLhkPc6G

OMG are they seriously taking it that far to try and get pick 5, if they keep this up the deal wont have a chance to get done at all.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget that he's been inoculated against cancer, so that's a plus.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post