Well, I love the Saints.

Re: Well, I love the Saints.

Not "resenting" now, Johnny Member? :? Medicinal compound kicking in is it? :lol: :lol: :lol: well off we go again folks! Another five page thread coming up methinks :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah nah. This club has gien me far too much pain over 45 years. And I have disconnect emotionally after 2010. Still watch every game, turn up to a few, but I am more of a general football fan these days, and its much better that way.
The club just dosent give back. Example, we used to have interstate games on a big screen at Moorabbin years ago...to me they dont give a flying anymore, so I am no longer a member.
Until clubs go out of their way to look after the supporters a bit more, even if its just a bit of tokenism, they can GAGF as far as Im concerned.
Souless money pits these days unfortunately.

iwantmeseats wrote:Yeah nah. This club has gien me far too much pain over 45 years. And I have disconnect emotionally after 2010. Still watch every game, turn up to a few, but I am more of a general football fan these days, and its much better that way.
The club just dosent give back. Example, we used to have interstate games on a big screen at Moorabbin years ago...to me they dont give a flying anymore, so I am no longer a member.
Until clubs go out of their way to look after the supporters a bit more, even if its just a bit of tokenism, they can GAGF as far as Im concerned.
Souless money pits these days unfortunately.
So you're not so happy then? :wink: :lol: :lol: Actually mate, in all seriousness, you're not quite on the mark re: the club and interstate games. This year the club rooms at Moorabbin have been showing most of our away games on the screens. True, the screens themselves are not exactly IMAX standard, but with good food at reasonable prices ( Fish'n'chips $6:00) and beer available, the occasions that I've been along have been excellent. For the Freo game, many of the Cheer Squad were there, and the atmosphere was BRILLIANT!
To cite THAT as an example of the club " not giving a flying" is both inaccurate, and unfair.

Johnny Member wrote:Just thought I'd share that.

We are copping it, from our own too.

But I don't care.

I'm not going to tell anyone else how to support our club, it's up to them.

But I love the joint. Always have, and always will. And the media aren't going to change that.
why ?

David-Lee

Brilliant! We all love the boys and feel a love/disgust sometimes. I sure do. I hope 2018 we hit our straps and rise into the 8 for years to come!

How do you define "love"?

Check the dates and read the whole thread. Our Johnny has been caught out having a recent melt down and didnt want to admit it to himself. I bumped it in hope that this would remind him. I hope more that our team and club can rekindle Johnny's love sooner rather than later.

Oh so DodgyFox....
Lol

Re:

Johnny Member wrote:
The Fireman wrote:good enough reason :)
but for me
I'm finding it hard to feel the love atm..30 + yr member and they just keep on breaking my heart.
It depends on what you want from the relationship.

If it's a flag that keeps you rocking up every week, then you're bound to get disappointed - supporters from 15 clubs get that every year!

If it's the journey you love, then it doesn't really change.
lost your way on the journey?
not sure why - it hasn't changed.

CQ SAINT wrote:Check the dates and read the whole thread. Our Johnny has been caught out having a recent melt down and didnt want to admit it to himself. I bumped it in hope that this would remind him. I hope more that our team and club can rekindle Johnny's love sooner rather than later.
Dude, isn't this thread like 8 years old?

Are you seriously dragging up posts from almost a decade ago to try to argue a petty point?

This could be a new low for Saintsational.

CQ SAINT wrote:Check the dates and read the whole thread. Our Johnny has been caught out having a recent melt down and didnt want to admit it to himself. I bumped it in hope that this would remind him. I hope more that our team and club can rekindle Johnny's love sooner rather than later.

Are you seriously dragging up posts from almost a decade ago to try to argue a petty point?

6 years and yes It.seems to have made the point beautifully. I havent reached any lows, these are his own words and passions. I merely tried to remind him.

CQ SAINT wrote:

6 years and yes It.seems to have made the point beautifully. I havent reached any lows, these are his own words and passions. I merely tried to remind him.

But didn't he (or she?) just say that he used to love the Saints and the footy, but in recent times has become less emotional and enjoys it as entertainment? I can certainly relate to that.

I'd also suggest that his/her posting style over the near decade since this was one supports almost precisely what he has been saying.

This is getting a bit embarrassing. You dig up an 8yo post to win a petty argument - which ends up supporting the poster you're arguing with?

Personally, I'd move on.

Just my 2 cents.

Desperate times when you have to wheel out your old username to come to the rescue.

Great thread btw, solid bump CQ.

dragit wrote:Desperate times when you have to wheel out your old username to come to the rescue.

Great thread btw, solid bump CQ.

Old username?

I've been a poster here for about 15 years.

Don't post very often these days though, due to idtiotic behaviour such as this clogging what used to be a good forum. Felt the need to call it out.

At least the old legends such as Barks4Eva and Poochy would get it right when they dug up an old post. But to go back 8 years and get it wrong? It deserves to called out.

Darth Vader

Will be confirmed that we're in La-la land when Johnny responds to a Rodger post or vice-versa.

CQ SAINT wrote:

But didn't he (or she?) just say that he used to love the Saints and the footy, but in recent times has become less emotional and enjoys it as entertainment? I can certainly relate to that.

I'd also suggest that his/her posting style over the near decade since this was one supports almost precisely what he has been saying.

This is getting a bit embarrassing. You dig up an 8yo post to win a petty argument - which ends up supporting the poster you're arguing with?

Personally, I'd move on.

Just my 2 cents.
Personally, I hope you can move on. I started to get worried about you. Keep your 2 cents. Your going to need the full dollar if you are going to support St.Kilda.