Tommy Lee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tommy Lee

Was there a phone call?

Saintsational Legend

Con you obviously don't know how the "silent majority" works.

Are we gunna have ta start kicking in for phone calls soon.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
NeXtmess-stringer wrote:Can anyone explain the rationale for giving up a first round dp for a reject who had showed nothing for the club that originally drafted.
Is there a forum rule of multiple sign-ins????
No it isn't. I use one nic on here. It will be getting change by Simon to Bunk Moreland as it is being confused for NeXus and also for stinger (although that was an oversight from me, the Nextmess was a bit of a joke that could be construed as baiting Simon tells me.

If you are referring to me, I post on here by the above nic and soon to be Bunk_M. If you are inferring it is Citywest, well that is incorrect.
Change now made.

Old nic deactivated as well.

Hang on one minute here....
I have been anti the 'troll hunt' on here as I dont really care one way or the other .

But just so there is no confusion - 'Bunk Moreland' is an absolute rabid Essendon poster on Big Footy and one of the biggest Hird apologists going around. He also seems to claim some kind of 'inside knowledge' at the Bombers which is most likely BS.

As I say I don't actually care about this kind of stuff and I don't mind him posting here at all - its a free and open forum so I have no problem with it. Just as long as its all out in the open.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is one of my favourite of his quotes and sums up the self delusion of the bloke:

"Tell you the only difference between the EFC and everybody else here - we're honest with ourselves about our motivations."

[:D :D :D :D :D :D Genuine Comedy]

Post History
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/search/60208672/

SIgnature
Julian Burnside, human rights advocate

"I knew he was dead-keen to fight the thing and to clear his name. And in my view, if it had gone to a contested hearing, he would very likely have been cleared."

"James was acutely aware that Paul Little wanted to have the thing wrapped up before the end of last year, if James had made a contest of it, that was not going to be possible"

"I've been at the bar now for 38 years and I've never acted for someone I regard as so honourable. That's not something I say lightly, let me make that very clear. I've acted for some very good people."
Oh no - that is hilarious Con.

Now I have to say, I can guarantee you I am not Citywest of Bunk Moreland the Essendope apologist at Bigfooty.

Geez I cant ask Simon to change my nic again :oops:

Tell me is Kima_Greggs a rabid filth supporter at BF or something???

You are garbage - Enough said
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Well this is all getting quite amusing.

Previously I had though the name 'Bunk Moreland' was something to do with Moreland Road which runs west to the Essendon Cricket Ground.

It turns out it is a popular fictional character from the TV Show "The Wire'.

So I am willing to accept that it is mere coincidence. But it is a very funny one under the circumstances.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 18 May 2014 7:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Well this is all getting quite amusing.

Previously I had though the name 'Bunk Moreland' was something to do with Moreland Road which runs west to the Essendon Cricket Ground.

It turns it out is a popular fictional character from the TV Show "The Wire'.

So I am willing to accept that it is mere coincidence. But it is a very funny one under the circumstances.
The second part of my original nic was stringer after Stringer Bell, a character in the Wire. Bunk Moreland is a large cigar chomping African American Homicide detective in the same series.

I can assure you Con, I am not a Hird or Essendope apologist. Most exciting of this whole season so far was us beating those drug cheating arrogant disgraces.

Next best is when they get their infraction notices.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

It's a real shame BFUSA made you change your nic.

I think you should have had a long and enjoyable phone chat with BFUSA to clear the misunderstanding up.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:It's a real shame BFUSA made you change your nic.

I think you should have had a long and enjoyable phone chat with BFUSA to clear the misunderstanding up.
No PM's were sufficient. Dont need to speak to him. ALl sorted

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Still a shame he made you change it though. Abuse of power and not in the spirit of how internet forums should opperate I reckon.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I'd love to see the bloke given a go to at least show what he has at AFL level. We're at the stage where the amount of young kids in the side every week means we'll likely get pumped more often than not. What's there to loose?

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
BackFromTheChinaCafe
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:Old nic deactivated as well.
Confucius very supprized.

Confucius say, old Nic still play better than some young dick.

BackFromTheChinaCafe
Club Player

Confucius say long and enjoyable yum cha even better. I book you table? Window seat, or you prefer more private?

And berry import to remember.......… all men eat, but Fu Manchu.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BackFromTheChinaCafe wrote:

Confucius say long and enjoyable yum cha even better. I book you table? Window seat, or you prefer more private?

And berry import to remember.......… all men eat, but Fu Manchu.
You are funny.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Was there a phone call?
Are viber and skype acceptable also?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Still a shame he made you change it though. Abuse of power and not in the spirit of how internet forums should opperate I reckon.
Point of order. I did not make joffaboy deactivate joffaboy / nextmess-stringer change his nic to Bunk_Moreland ... he requested it through a civil PM discussion.

Just clearing up any confusion that this misinformation could cause and how it may poorly reflect on my character.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
SMS
Club Player

Tommy Lee needs a mans haircut and Balls. Has the talent and the height. Come on TOMMY WAKE UP! THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!! DO SOMETHJING!!!!!
Dont joke around and be flakey TAKE THE BLOODY BALL AND KICK A GOAL! Dont think its OK to play an ok game and kick 2 goals. COME ON!!!

SMS
Club Player

just read VFL BREAKDOWN the guy said tommy lee actually for the first time used agression and may have learned a lesson!! YES GO TOMMY!

spert
Saintsational Legend

Just a general observation, but probably a case of some players play well under certain coaches and not under other coaches. I think Lee responded pretty well to Watters as I think Steven did, but I get the impression that Richo is demanding more out of some than they are capable of. Sometimes you have to go with a guy's strengths and don't worry about the rest..let them play their natural game.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Tommy has all the attributes to be very good, just needs some mongrel about him (read aggression, and intent). Someone recently said that if we could put SImpkin's mentality into Lee and White we would have two superstars.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

When Lee was first drafted the coaching and recruiting staff all thought he would need 2 full years in the VFL to get the body and mind set to play regularly at this level. Nothing has changed. 2015 will be his important year.
P.S. Only one person thought he could play earlier, and you can read between the lines to work out who that was.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:When Lee was first drafted the coaching and recruiting staff all thought he would need 2 full years in the VFL to get the body and mind set to play regularly at this level. Nothing has changed. 2015 will be his important year.
P.S. Only one person thought he could play earlier, and you can read between the lines to work out who that was.
You've got to be kidding!

You were expect more from an number 12 pick that already had 12 months in the system.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

magnifisaint wrote:
tony74 wrote:When Lee was first drafted the coaching and recruiting staff all thought he would need 2 full years in the VFL to get the body and mind set to play regularly at this level. Nothing has changed. 2015 will be his important year.
You've got to be kidding!

You were expect more from an number 12 pick that already had 12 months in the system.

Why would a kid spending a year running around in the back blocks of the SANFL followed by a year or so in the WAFL be expected to star straight out of the blocks? The reason he ended up in the WAFL was because he DIDN'T get what training and work intensity was required to make the step up to AFL. Hence the fact that he needed to understand and embrace the work ethic required. The benefits of doing the work do not appear overnight. No doubt he would be further advanced if two preseasons hadn't been lost to surgery. there are no quick fixes, as much as we would like there to be.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

His body is nowhere near the level of a key AFL fwd.
He needs another 6-8kg of muscle on and 30% strength improvement across the board
But if he isnt attacking the gym work properly he will never get there.
Some people go through the motions in the gym and some really try to improve.
If hes just going through the motions he will never get the body he needs and never make it - and time is ticking away now.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:His body is nowhere near the level of a key AFL fwd.
He needs another 6-8kg of muscle on and 30% strength improvement across the board
But if he isnt attacking the gym work properly he will never get there.
Some people go through the motions in the gym and some really try to improve.
If hes just going through the motions he will never get the body he needs and never make it - and time is ticking away now.

Con i dont get your fixation with muscle. lee will never ever be a pack marker whatever he does with his body. he needs fitness more than anything. Putting on extra muscle wont help him and anyway he would be doing weights as much as ever other player. this isnt social footy. They have so many messures these days that you cant just go through the motions.

And on what others have said I happy that some can see positives but i dont buy this 2 years to get to an AFL type body. This guy isnt a kid like most draft picks and more importantly he has shown no improvement at all this year.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Con i dont get your fixation with muscle. lee will never ever be a pack marker whatever he does with his body. he needs fitness more than anything. Putting on extra muscle wont help him and anyway he would be doing weights as much as ever other player. this isnt social footy. They have so many messures these days that you cant just go through the motions.

And on what others have said I happy that some can see positives but i dont buy this 2 years to get to an AFL type body. This guy isnt a kid like most draft picks and more importantly he has shown no improvement at all this year.
Im not saying muscle for the sake of muscle - hes not strong enough to play key fwd in the AFL - not even close.
Are you telling me he has the strength and physique to play top level footy as a fwd - yes or no?
Go through every single key fwd in the AFL and they are all at or close to 100kgs.

Can you ring up the other 17 clubs and tell them they all have it wrong and you and Tom Lee have it right?

Seriously get a grip. Now the shoulders are hampering him. But dont tell me he doesnt need to work on his strength and dont tell me hes big enough. Josh Kennedy is 100kg - and hes not a pack parl. Same for Taylor Walker. They are mark and lead men - but they are twice as strong as Taylor is the same age and height.

Last year Tom played better when had an achilles injury and couldnt run and bulked up a bit.

So do you think all the work guys like Walker, Kennedy, Tippet etc do in the gym to build their bodies is a waste of time? Yes or no.
Dempster also been wasting his time the last decade?

Do you think Tom Lee is a strong man? Yes or no? DO you think he is a key forward or have you re-invented him as a wingman? WHo said anything about 'pack marks'?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Im not saying muscle for the sake of muscle - hes not strong enough to play key fwd in the AFL - not even close.
Are you telling me he has the strength and physique to play top level footy as a fwd - yes or no?
Go through every single key fwd in the AFL and they are all at or close to 100kgs.

Can you ring up the other 17 clubs and tell them they all have it wrong and you and Tom Lee have it right?

Seriously get a grip. Now the shoulders are hampering him. But dont tell me he doesnt need to work on his strength and dont tell me hes big enough. Josh Kennedy is 100kg - and hes not a pack parl. Same for Taylor Walker. They are mark and lead men - but they are twice as strong as Taylor is the same age and height.

Last year Tom played better when had an achilles injury and couldnt run and bulked up a bit.

So do you think all the work guys like Walker, Kennedy, Tippet etc do in the gym to build their bodies is a waste of time? Yes or no.
Dempster also been wasting his time the last decade?

Do you think Tom Lee is a strong man? Yes or no? DO you think he is a key forward or have you re-invented him as a wingman? WHo said anything about 'pack marks'?

Tom Lee isnt a key forward. he doesnt play like a key forward. I have no idea if lee is a strong man. And who said weights were a waste of time?

Anyway i will anwser the rest of your questions. Does he have the strength and physique to play as a forward. Depends on his role. I dont think his body is going to change much so they will have to find a suitable role for him. Answered the one about the weights. Answered the one about being strong. I never mentioned the wing so dont understand that. And what has Tom Lee and I got right? I have mentioned anything that could be considered right or wrong.