Robinson one week, Murphy and White no charge.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Robinson one week, Murphy and White no charge.

Haven't seen the Robinson and White ones yet but I thought Murphy was lucky.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Robinson one week, Murphy and White no charge.

A joke.

Country Kid
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:Haven't seen the Robinson and White ones yet but I thought Murphy was lucky.
Robinson gave a round arm on Newnes if it's the one i'm thinking of.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

What about Everitt sitting on top of our player and holding him by the throat

Murphy , you are kidding me, he could of tackled , not bumped, Roo was off the ground for a good 10 minutes, he knew what he had done cos he threw his arms out like
I didnt do anything.

Whatever, should have been a report and 50metre penalty , but the umpires dont report any more.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

FFS. The system has completely broken down.

Always loyal
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Murphy ok

reiwoldt pushed towards his path contributed to contact..............

enough doubt.............causing collision rather than a deliberate bump

saint4life
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Yeah watched the murphy one today and he tried to avoid contact once he saw Roo's head was down.

It's still embarassing for the game though, that these little things are made into big things

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Have been saying for a long time the MRP is a far keen joke !

Robinson's was the first fair dinkum punch i've seen in age's and he only gets a week .
The bump on roo should have got a week , simply because they are always bangin on about duty of care . Yes murphy tried to avoid contact but he still got him in the head and roo spent allot of time off the ground .

Next week will see similar incidents which will ajudicated completely differently to this week .
And that is the joke .

In red white and black from 73
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Robinson was a punch so he should cop some time .. although he did have a jumper over his head at that time so you could argue he wasnt aiming to punch to the head ...

Murphys hit on Roo every other year would be fair , from the replay Murp tried to pull out but contact was un-avoidable the contact looked like it was more to Roo's shoulder .. the reason Roo was off for more than 10mins was cause he needed to do the concussion test not because he was that badly rattled by the hit

White i reckon should have been looked at more closley to me it was a hit a long way off the ball Dunstan had to come off because of the hit so it would be fair to say it was a higher impact hit...

Everitt was just a case of wrestling and our boys were prob just as guilty of that at times during the game ... nothing in that

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Surprised Robinson only got a week, it was a fair dinkum, fully loaded hay maker ala Alastair Lynch 2004 Grand Final. He might of had the jumper over the head but it was clear he wanted to hurt.

Surprised but happy to see this part of the game is still alive and punching. Bring back the biff.

Also glad to see Newnes in the thick of the rough and tumble. He's got a bit of mongrel about him, I like the boy.

jamesmc
Club Player

Glad Murphy got off. Couldn't bear a full week of replays [ if Carlton appealed a suspension ] showing our Captain being knocked out by such a fly weight p***y like Murphy. Hard to imagine Brown, Carey or any tough CHF for that matter being knocked out by such a player.

#gosaintas
Club Player

You are OUT OF LINE jamesmc. Roo was knocked out and you are suggesting he is therefore soft.
What a pathetic thing to say.

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

jamesmc wrote:Glad Murphy got off. Couldn't bear a full week of replays [ if Carlton appealed a suspension ] showing our Captain being knocked out by such a fly weight p***y like Murphy. Hard to imagine Brown, Carey or any tough CHF for that matter being knocked out by such a player.
james Time for your nappy to be changed

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
jamesmc
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:You are OUT OF LINE jamesmc. Roo was knocked out and you are suggesting he is therefore soft.
What a pathetic thing to say.
Had a quick look at your posts. Seems like you have had a lot to say about Roo over the time such as
#gosaintas » Mon 05 Aug 2013 8:23am

What is the club supposed to do with him??? He is the most senior player. He is the best player when fit. He is the highest paid player. At the moment though, he is an overpaid, self indulgent sook who is in serious need of some "man up" pills. Time to call his year over and hope he comes back next year in a better frame of mind and if he doesn't then it is time for him to hang up his boots.
#gosaintas

Just a small sample of your Roo bashing.

#gosaintas
Club Player

He should be banned for a month. Just a disgraceful thing to say.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:Have been saying for a long time the MRP is a far keen joke !

Robinson's was the first fair dinkum punch i've seen in age's and he only gets a week .
The bump on roo should have got a week , simply because they are always bangin on about duty of care . Yes murphy tried to avoid contact but he still got him in the head and roo spent allot of time off the ground .

Next week will see similar incidents which will ajudicated completely differently to this week .
And that is the joke .
far keen, I love it! I actually laughed out loud. Ahh there are some witty people on this forum

#gosaintas
Club Player

I think you have taken that out of it's context. That was when he was having his hissy fits and pointing at our own players and flapping his arms about when the ball wasn't kicked to him. Thankfully he has got that out of his system

jamesmc
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:He should be banned for a month. Just a disgraceful thing to say.
Ooops, look like you should join me for that month.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Thought the tribunal got it spot on. Don't want to see players rubbed out for what Murphy did. He is a ball player and the collision was an accident. Remember we could be in the same position down the track. Players shouldn't be getting suspended for that.

Robinson getting a week may, in my opinion be a little soft, but the general consensus is that it was a harsh penalty. This is the sort of thing we want to see rubbed out of the game, not the incidental collisions where clearly the player involved wasn't trying to hurt or harm a player.

jamesmc
Club Player

jamesmc wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:He should be banned for a month. Just a disgraceful thing to say.
Ooops, look like you should join me for that month.
Oh yeah and this gem.

#gosaintas » Mon 14 Apr 2014 6:05pm

" I was certainly pissed off with the finger pointing, umpire pleading sook that was Roo for a couple of years.
I also thought he shouldn't be Captain, that Lenny should have".

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Some quality stuff here. James, can I ask if you are serious, or are you just taking the piss? You are discussing possibly the most courageous player to ever put on a St Kilda jumper. I will ask again. Are you serious?

I have always had nothing but admiration for Roo but last night I thought he embarrassed himself with some of his actions

jamesmc
Club Player

8856brother wrote:Some quality stuff here. James, can I ask if you are serious, or are you just taking the piss? You are discussing possibly the most courageous player to ever put on a St Kilda jumper. I will ask again. Are you serious?
Big statement Bro.

Roo has had some courageous moments in his career, notably the mark against Sydney, however i believe on more occasions than not he has put in some less than courageous moments.

I am sick of him falling to ground on almost every occasion he goes for a mark. He does this so he can receive a soft free kick [ there is a reason all opposition supporters hate him ].

It's not because he is soooo good [ ala Gary Ablett ]. It's more because he is like a Matthew Lloyd.

Take the blinkers off Bro.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
8856brother wrote:Some quality stuff here. James, can I ask if you are serious, or are you just taking the piss? You are discussing possibly the most courageous player to ever put on a St Kilda jumper. I will ask again. Are you serious?
Big statement Bro.

Roo has had some courageous moments in his career, notably the mark against Sydney, however i believe on more occasions than not he has put in some less than courageous moments.

I am sick of him falling to ground on almost every occasion he goes for a mark. He does this so he can receive a soft free kick [ there is a reason all opposition supporters hate him ].

It's not because he is soooo good [ ala Gary Ablett ]. It's more because he is like a Matthew Lloyd.

OK

Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
Big statement Bro.

OK