Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

whilst i luv ya Dmac
i tend to agree with the crochety old dud

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

dude

i meant dude

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:J O is thankfully, never going to happen. Moorabbin is our home. Physically and spiritually.
+1 That's where we won our premiership. JO certainly won't be the go.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Dave McNamara wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:And Richmond train at Craigieburn now. How's that working out for them?

Blaming Seaford for all of our woes was, and is, definitely counter-productive. Like sacking coaches. It doesn't work. Blaming something, or someone, for not being successful is what losers do.
Hi SS, I reckon that you're misrepresenting the point somewhat with that argument. None of those things you listed are really what this thread is about. No point my reinventing the wheel so to speak. So, if you ever get a few spare minutes, please just have a little look back through the pages of this thread. :) All the reasons-why are there.

But, basically the St Kilda Bowling Club was about to fold, but they turned it all around (big time) by leveraging their location... St Kilda. We can, and need to do the same...

- Get back to the grooviest suburb in Melbourne (arguably, in Australia).
- Tap into that 'vibe'.
- Tap into the marketing (sponsors, international tourists, grand prix crowds, St Kilda Music Festival crowds... the list goes on).
- Establish a boutique venue (and make money c/f paying out $75K for a 26,000 home crowd - Richmond train over summer somewhere halfway to Canberra, but not during the footy season... and they don't play home games there.)
- Make our home games 'an event'.
- Get that social club rocking again. (If the St Kilda bowlo' can do it, we sure can!)
- St Kilda stands alone amongst 17 vanilla same-same football teams. We are unique. We don't do vanilla. That's marketable.
- This is way way more important than winning our next premiership, because...
- Do this right, and we can become the best known Australian sporting club... both domestically, and... internationally.
- And premierships will follow.

Or... we could continue on living hand to mouth, constantly at risk bankruptcy and hence having to do the bidding of the AFL like a good little lap dog, and hey, occasionally rising up to the ladder, before crashing down again... empty handed. :(
Dave, whilst I admire your passion, unless you possess a flux capacitor, you cannot return to the past, and that looks largely what you are trying to do. There is a modicum of marketability in what you propose, but I think that is limited. I think marketing based around a suburb is also fraught with limitations, we need to be building a message around our club, and what it stands for, irrelelvant of location, because that is what will travel with us, and ultimately is a far more sound basis for our marketing. Solid management of our club by the board with some vision for the future, stability and no "knee-jerk" decision making is what will stand us in good stead, not trading on the tenuous marketability of a suburb, no matter how groovy "the vibe" may be.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

True Believer wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:And Richmond train at Craigieburn now. How's that working out for them?

Blaming Seaford for all of our woes was, and is, definitely counter-productive. Like sacking coaches. It doesn't work. Blaming something, or someone, for not being successful is what losers do.
Hi SS, I reckon that you're misrepresenting the point somewhat with that argument. None of those things you listed are really what this thread is about. No point my reinventing the wheel so to speak. So, if you ever get a few spare minutes, please just have a little look back through the pages of this thread. :) All the reasons-why are there.

But, basically the St Kilda Bowling Club was about to fold, but they turned it all around (big time) by leveraging their location... St Kilda. We can, and need to do the same...

- Get back to the grooviest suburb in Melbourne (arguably, in Australia).
- Tap into that 'vibe'.
- Tap into the marketing (sponsors, international tourists, grand prix crowds, St Kilda Music Festival crowds... the list goes on).
- Establish a boutique venue (and make money c/f paying out $75K for a 26,000 home crowd - Richmond train over summer somewhere halfway to Canberra, but not during the footy season... and they don't play home games there.)
- Make our home games 'an event'.
- Get that social club rocking again. (If the St Kilda bowlo' can do it, we sure can!)
- St Kilda stands alone amongst 17 vanilla same-same football teams. We are unique. We don't do vanilla. That's marketable.
- This is way way more important than winning our next premiership, because...
- Do this right, and we can become the best known Australian sporting club... both domestically, and... internationally.
- And premierships will follow.

Or... we could continue on living hand to mouth, constantly at risk bankruptcy and hence having to do the bidding of the AFL like a good little lap dog, and hey, occasionally rising up to the ladder, before crashing down again... empty handed. :(
Dave, whilst I admire your passion, unless you possess a flux capacitor, you cannot return to the past, and that looks largely what you are trying to do. There is a modicum of marketability in what you propose, but I think that is limited. I think marketing based around a suburb is also fraught with limitations, we need to be building a message around our club, and what it stands for, irrelelvant of location, because that is what will travel with us, and ultimately is a far more sound basis for our marketing. Solid management of our club by the board with some vision for the future, stability and no "knee-jerk" decision making is what will stand us in good stead, not trading on the tenuous marketability of a suburb, no matter how groovy "the vibe" may be.....
I agree with nearly all of that, TB. (Especially your admiration for passion. :mrgreen: )

We certainly don't want to go back to the past... as has been rightly pointed out by saynta, and that other bloke who used to post on here, and also that other bloke who is no longer with us, but at least we now have his parents posting, which is very nice. :)

No, not back to the that past. We want to build a new future. We (finally) leverage our suburb (as above), and tap into our unique identity that separates us from the seventeen vanilla entities. This is the one point where I differ from you TB. If done right, there's nothing tenuous about the marketability of the St Kilda FC back home in St Kilda.

Grand Prix crowds (with international media - which of the vanillas could even dream of that??? :mrgreen: ), international backpacker destination, get that social club rocking again, St Kilda Music Festival crowds, the beach ... and yes, most definitely... the very marketable... vibe. 8-)

Proof?

We were out of mind and out of sight.
Hidden away at the bottom of the ladder, and outer Siberia.
Basically... irrelevant to all (non-Saintas).
And... unable to snare a major sponsor! :oops: :( <that's scary emoticon>

Then out of the blue, front page of the newspapers, and Gaggle internetty... "Saints Homeward Bound"! We are the numero uno news item!

Suddenly... unsolicited... the club starts receiving phone calls from potential major sponsors. :shock: Coincidence...? :wink:

Saints returning home to St Kilda? Tenuous marketability...?

The Fireman wrote:the JO is the GO

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Numpty

Moving the embassy to Jerusalem Oval has been a huge success, huge, believe me. Next will be the building, building of a wonderful wall around it. Then, all you good saintly Christian supporters will be invited in. But no Mexican rapists, believe me folks. There will be winning, so much winning, and so much covfefe. Because nobody knows as much about winning covfefe as I do, nobody. Believe me and Merry Christmas. I am the Messiah who saved Christmas too folks, and you are all welcome, believe me. #makingwinningcovfefeandnoMexicansforChristmasgrateagain

No Holds Bard
Club Player

What's past is prologue.
There is a tide in the affairs of men.

Be not afraid of greatness!!!

Ye cat lovers appreciate this. Tabby or not tabby. Cat, is the question.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

The Plugger666 wrote:
+3
What Firey, Pluggsy, and Pluggsy's parents said!

Never forget the end game Saintsationalists! :idea:

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
Saint 58
Club Player

(+1) +1

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Get back to JO.
Get the social club rocking again.
Pick up chicks, I mean, pick up more memberchicks. 8-)

https://youtu.be/CBa-5gZRHJ8

Plugger666 wrote:
+3

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Plugger666 wrote:
+3
Do it for Firey and for Pluggsy (and his folks), :D and so our club can stop paying out $73K and upwards for our home games at Dockledlands. :evil:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol @ memberchicks

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote:lol @ memberchicks
We can never have too many memberchicks. :)

Plugger666 wrote:
+3
Do it for Firey and for Pluggsy (and his folks), :D and so our club can stop paying out $73K and upwards for each of our home games at Dockledlands. :evil:

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)

:idea:

Plugger666 wrote:
+3

Saint 58
Club Player

https://imagebin.ca/v/3t6ljXV1pg8N

... have I missed anything ?

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Saint 58 wrote:https://imagebin.ca/v/3t6ljXV1pg8N

We'll need a walkway to Luna Park for our roller coaster ride

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Saint 58
Club Player

:D

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Only the 200 million it would cost

and a ferris wheel would be nice

Saint 58
Club Player

200 Million ?
- Lindsay Fox, he's worth 3.4 Billion
- if 17% of my net worth would make it happen, I would gladly hand it over
Ferris Wheel - no room, go to Docklands

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Image

no goal posts?
http://www.bushrangers.com.au/1791-2/
Those Cricket Victoria idiots are trumpeting their new facilities... but it could, and should... be (at least) $15million better. :idea:

Idiots! :evil:

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:

Only the 200 million it would cost

and a ferris wheel would be nice
Aussie. How do you reach a figure of $200 million?

Much of S58's visionary post (our Saints need more visionaries!) is for phases three & four of the grand plan. :)

JO, as it is right now, held a crowd of 26000+ for the last Community Cup footy match held there. We don't need to start with anything too ginormous.

(I'd fast track your ferris wheel though Aus. Now that's what I mean by visionary! The ultimate in corporate boxes. :D )

evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
Plugger666 wrote:
+3

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Dave here's a very rough break down of the $200m

seating 30 to 40m (based on Ballarat stadium 15m for 11,00 seats)
general facilities 14m (based on Moorrabins cost)
walkways ect (5m+ each)
Railway line (s*** loads)

ferris wheel 140m (vital part of the project)

The Real Numpty
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:Dave here's a very rough break down of the $200m

walkways ect (5m+ each)

Mr Fat Cat. (Are we related?) You strike me as an entrepreneur who knows how to build walls. Magnificent walls. And embassies too, believe me. I need to build some magnificent walls, and magnificent embassies too. And a magnificent ferris wheel. All at the Jerusalem Oval. And all this needs to be coal powered, believe me. I shall be sending my very great friend and fellow coal miner Scott Pruitt to meet with you and gain a quote for the job. #makingJerusalemOvalcoalpoweredagain

Saint 58
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:Dave here's a very rough break down of the $200m

walkways ect (5m+ each)

The JO Redevelopment Consortium has decided to scrap the Junction Oval train line extension.
The JO Public Transport Sub Committee neglected to take into account the new Metro Rail Tunnel which has Anzac Station as part of its construction.
Patrons can access this station which is just over 1 Km from the ground as well as Windsor Station which is just under 1Km from the ground,
which is not too dissimilar to patrons using Flinders St Station & Richmond Station to access the MCG.
This will free up 100's of millions of dollars for other components of the project.

Note: The JO Public Transport Sub Committee has been sacked