World's Greatest Shave

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

World's Greatest Shave

I, for one, think the the man-bun look has reached its expiry for the long-hairs in the team. It's time for the likes of Josh the Bruce, Maverick the Cyclops and the Man of Steele to focus more on their footy than cultivating their vanity. Sorry Ladies (and other genders who like them for a little eye candy), but we need to put football before their looks. It has just been too long since we've had some on-field success.

So, one possible solution is to get them to do it for charity with the World's Greatest Shave https://worldsgreatestshave.com/

Not only will they stop being Fabios and play better footy, they'll also make themselves even more useful off the field by raising some bickies for some poor unfortunate kids with cancer.

Young Seb Ross has the right idea. Just look at his game last Sunday: our BOG, close-cropped crew cut and lookin' sharp with his boots n' braces and then sporting a Harrington off the field. Oi! Oi! Tough and hard as nails!! :mrgreen:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Re: World's Greatest Shave

i completely agree, however lets go one step further. some of the best players of the past decade have had very little hair. Gary Ablett jr, Chris Judd, Buddy Franklin. I propose all Players fully shave their heads so they reach their full potential

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Anything that banishes the man bun / top knot, has my vote. The ironic beards can go as well. Are they footballers or lumberjacks?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
loris
Saintsational Legend

Agree, agree, agree. My fav heads of hair in the team are Seb & Gears.

What message is Dunstan trying to convey with his hairdo? It looks like a mowhawk. I don't know why he wants to draw attention to his head & facial features, he's not that much of a looker as it is.

Jack Steven needs to have a visit to the barbers, he has such a sweet face, now he looks like some poor homeless lad who can't afford a hair cut.

I always used to look forward to what haircut Roberton would come up with each new season - he has been through some doosies in his time with us. However his elevation to the ranks of leadership seems to have caused him to be an ultra conservative in the hair do stakes now.

Man buns are real signs of affectation IMHO - I agree, get rid of them. Man buns are yesterday's fashion anyway.......up to date hipsters have moved on from the man bun - or so I've been told - wouldn't t vouch for that tho'.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Agree, agree, agree. My fav heads of hair in the team are Seb & Gears.

What message is Dunstan trying to convey with his hairdo? It looks like a mowhawk. I don't know why he wants to draw attention to his head & facial features, he's not that much of a looker as it is.

Jack Steven needs to have a visit to the barbers, he has such a sweet face, now he looks like some poor homeless lad who can't afford a hair cut.

I always used to look forward to what haircut Roberton would come up with each new season - he has been through some doosies in his time with us. However his elevation to the ranks of leadership seems to have caused him to be an ultra conservative in the hair do stakes now.

Man buns are real signs of affectation IMHO - I agree, get rid of them. Man buns are yesterday's fashion anyway.......up to date hipsters have moved on from the man bun - or so I've been told - wouldn't t vouch for that tho'.
Loris, as always, you are on point.

LD's haircut looks like it was done with a knife and fork. And Jackie Stevens' ironic mullet (just like you said) makes him look like a homeless lad looking to score some of Walter White's new batch of Crystal Meth. A couple of Barry Crockers, right there!

I loved your fascination for Robo's haircuts. I don't think we ever got to the bottom on whether his missus is a hairdresser or not. But the haircut he has now seems to be working for him.

Yep, the man-bun ain't no fun and it's time to stop the (top) knot!!!

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Guthrie from Geebung looks shocking. An embarassment. Shudder to think what gender he goes by.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

May be a conflict of interest though if we have a pride match

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Man buns are everywhere.

Even the players in the AFLW had them.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Guthrie from Geebung looks shocking. An embarassment. Shudder to think what gender he goes by.
Are you assuming his gender? Triggered! :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Lol yes WW. Love those triggered memes on The Tasteless Gentlemen. Each day I scroll thru the new ones and send to people.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Guthrie from Geebung looks shocking. An embarassment. Shudder to think what gender he goes by.
Undetermined I would think.

Pink dreds ffs.

Not that there is anything wrong with that in our pc world.

Cant sledge him.

Think I would risk it anyway.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Undetermined I would think.

Pink dreds ffs.

Not that there is anything wrong with that in our pc world.

Cant sledge him.

Think I would risk it anyway.
If I was sledging him, I'd call him Punky Brewster 8-)

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Proph3t of egan wrote:i completely agree, however lets go one step further. some of the best players of the past decade have had very little hair. Gary Ablett jr, Chris Judd, Buddy Franklin. I propose all Players fully shave their heads so they reach their full potential

...and if you shave all of your hairs it's not possible for the drug testers to get a hair sample...

shrodes
SS Life Member

What's next, are you going to tell Jack Steven to shave off his glorious mullet too?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Agree the mullet and moe combo on Jack is not great, but compared to the absolutely filthy moe, hair and terrible tat combo on Cam McCarthy at Freo he looks like Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall.

I dont think McCarthey could look worse if he paid a stylist to do a pure ugly make over or went on an ugly TV make over game show.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
loris
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:Agree the mullet and moe combo on Jack is not great, but compared to the absolutely filthy moe, hair and terrible tat combo on Cam McCarthy at Freo he looks like Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall.

I dont think McCarthey could look worse if he paid a stylist to do a pure ugly make over or went on an ugly TV make over game show.

Even his mother couldn't love that look! I bet his grannie also tutt, tutts about it.
Agree JB doesn't enhance him one bit - definitely wins in the ugly stakes.