Vent your spleen

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lintonstreet
Club Player

Re: Vent your spleen

Sainter_Dad wrote:Longer to be dropped - I don't care if Gilbert rucks the whole day
Paddy to stay - kick it to his advantage - but we need another reliable forward so that the 21 gamer does not get the #1 defender AND double teamed.
Forget about flat hands - mark the thing - if you miss the mark - let the smalls deal with it - but I am sick and tired of once great markers just being used to bring the ball to ground!
Richo - FFS - get the boys going or get out - we have better talent than we are showing!
Stop the handpassing behind or at the feet of the running players - make it a team rule that if you hand pass to where the player should be and if he is not - it is the receivers fault.
DO NOT PLAY ON AT EVERY CHANCE - look for the best option. Maybe Longer has been told not to kick but that handpass was diabolical - if he had taken a few steps back maybe something would have opened up.
I know that Saints Football is about the press - but it makes me anticipate the opposition streaming out of the 50 and sling-shotting forward every time we lose possession of the ball even in our 50.

IDK - fix it - we are not as bad as we have shown the past 2 weeks (I hope)

Or tell us in some secret communication that we are in fact tanking - because that is what I am hoping is happening - it is the only explanation.
OMG - this site is incredible! Longer had just about his best game of the season and you want him dropped!

lintonstreet
Club Player

saynta wrote:WTF was that?

Worst performance since the dawks pantsed us at the MCG in Acres first game.
Sydney loss was far far worse than yesterday.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Pressure acts is an over rated stat.
Lonie also gets lots of these. It doesnt make him an AFL footballer.

lintonstreet
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:do you seriously think leadership is the problem ?? wow..clutching at straws. You could have general Patton out there the result would be the same.
Totally agree.
Richo just needs to tweak his game-plan as other teams now know how to set-up against Robbo when he's deep in defense.

To the top
SS Life Member

On field leadership is a serious problem, exacerbated by Roo's absence.

It is time to acknowledge the very serious error the Club made and to move on - now.

The leadership including the Group consist of just too many who are honest at best.

And, to digress, why not play Bruce in defence - at full back in place of Brown if Roo is to be played as a key forward with McCartin and Membrey?

lintonstreet
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Pressure acts is an over rated stat.
Lonie also gets lots of these. It doesnt make him an AFL footballer.
Couldn't disagree more.
If you not getting the ball but your pressure acts - aka one percenters - are up it goes a long way to showing desire and attitude.
If you're not getting the ball and also not putting on any pressure you don't deserve your spot.
Con - you played in the era of one percenters and as such I'm really surprised by your comment here

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Sick to death of people whinging about a handful of players or on the other hand when we were winning only praising a handful of players.

Guys like Seb, Stuv, and Robbo who were having good years have all been down in form the last two weeks and down in their effeciency.

As a team we collectively failed and as a coaching group we were clearly outcoached.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Hate to say it, but season blown.

Our first half before the bye was where it was to be set up. That is now GORN.

Frittered away with pathetic F50 entries and just plain OVERUSE of the ball.

Melbourne, Sydney, Bulldogs, are games in particular where we absolutely blew it. Could probably throw Geelong into that mix.

Wasted season. Unless something spectacular happens over the next month, we really could be losing five straight at least, which will just underline how disappointing the year has been.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Ro Ro with a ray of sunshine. The sky has not fallen (yet), chicken littles ...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... wexwh.html

"The weekend off will at least give Richardson and his coaching crew a little more time to sit back and take a longer view of just where the Saints are at. And the picture isn't completely disastrous.

The forward set-up can be fixed. The defence, in Nathan Brown and Jake Carlisle, has the necessary foundations for the next few seasons at least. And those midfield issues may improve simply with a still youthful mix getting more games under their belts.

It's the greater weight of expectation as much as anything which has St Kilda being marked more harshly than before. And dealing with that is just another step in any side's gradual learning curve.

So far, 2017 hasn't been the giant step forward St Kilda fans were hoping for. But as the Saints reset for the second half of the football year, Richardson finding the necessary tweaks to the engine, that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be one taken backwards, either."

Always loyal
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If results are all about effort then what happens when a team with both effort and skill?

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

BUMPING.

reading through this thread - a few months later and new developments.
For myself the things i ranted about 2 months ago seem relevant now still. (as does my pity party)

Interesting because since this thread was created we had a few wins - but a lot of the 'complaints' seem to still ring true.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:BUMPING.

reading through this thread - a few months later and new developments.
For myself the things i ranted about 2 months ago seem relevant now still. (as does my pity party)

Interesting because since this thread was created we had a few wins - but a lot of the 'complaints' seem to still ring true.
Indeed. The win loss cycle goes around and takes our moods and attitudes with it. We're not quite bipolar, more cyclothymic, or "bipolar lite". We still seem to have some of the problems we had last year, though. Our draw has been tough, the second hardest in the competition, according to Champion Data. How much progress we've actually made will be seen in the next five weeks.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!