Scott Watters - share your stories!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Scott Watters - share your stories!

sunsaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Hence, he was a dud.

You're free to think he was a great coach.
Ahhh you eventually fell for it - at no point did I claim him to be a great coach
For many of the exact same reasons I don't think Lyon is a great coach...
But that's a whole nother thread 8-)
Didn't fall for anything. It's called sarcasm.

Lyon is a super coach when compared to Scott Watters.

Ridiculous comparison.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

just doing a tidy up
I never called Watters a great coach
and I certainly didnt compare watters with Lyon
I did say that I didnt think Lyon is a great coach as I believe he has some major flaws in his game plan and overall club strategy
I also believe it strange that watters was involved in some very successful clubs before coming to the saints but only got crap when he arrived.
Strange

Seeya
poatina
Club Player

Let's not forget Watters' absolutely low disrespectful act of putting Kossie in the hated green vest as sub for his last game. Great way to treat a real warrior of the club. Not.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Someone I know that played Colts with Watters at Subiaco said he had a really small <edit by mods>.
Last edited by magnifisaint on Thu 27 Jul 2017 10:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
spert
Saintsational Legend

poatina wrote:Let's not forget Watters' absolutely low disrespectful act of putting Kossie in the hated green vest as sub for his last game. Great way to treat a real warrior of the club. Not.
Kosi was not in form enough for selection and Watters was pressured to play him and was clearly pis$$ed off about it.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:just doing a tidy up
I did say that I didnt think Lyon is a great coach as I believe he has some major flaws in his game plan and overall club strategy
I also believe it strange that watters was involved in some very successful clubs before coming to the saints but only got crap when he arrived.
Strange
Same as Neeld. Good reputation at country and suburban level, respected as an AFL assistant. Got the top job at Melbourne and apparently turned into a real C U Next Tuesday. Maybe it has something to do with MM's influence.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
poatina wrote:Let's not forget Watters' absolutely low disrespectful act of putting Kossie in the hated green vest as sub for his last game. Great way to treat a real warrior of the club. Not.
Kosi was not in form enough for selection and Watters was pressured to play him and was clearly pis$$ed off about it.
We were at the bottom of the ladder. What did it matter?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Strange
Same as Neeld. Good reputation at country and suburban level, respected as an AFL assistant. Got the top job at Melbourne and apparently turned into a real C U Next Tuesday. Maybe it has something to do with MM's influence.
Mick forgot to tell them that you first need about 15 years coaching experience and a few flags before you can start playing the 'aura' card.

From the outside, both Watters and Neeld didn't appear too humble.. sad really.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Mick forgot to tell them that you first need about 15 years coaching experience and a few flags before you can start playing the 'aura' card.

the video of Neeld introducing himself to the Melbourne players was cringeworthy - reckon he lost most of them there and then.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Strange

Spot on, SP. the tough guy schtick doesn't work when you've not made your name at the highest level. Secondly, if you pretend to be something you're not, people generally see through you, eventually. Watters and Neeld both acted like the latter day, grumpy hard arse, MM model. I can imagine he would've instructed to be their own men, authoritarian and to let everyone know who was in charge. Unfortunately for SW and MN they couldn't pull off the part.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

During training, Joey and Kosi swapped jumpers, so Kosi's GPS data showed really hard running and long distance,
Joey told this story after that game on Ch7.
The goal ump was a party pooper, should have let the goal stand, we were so far in front anyway it was no prob.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Im sure Max Hudghton would have grabbed a geen vest with glee in the finals - but he never got a chance and went straight to collingwood - tell me he wouldnt enjoy some time in a dark room with RL?

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Im sure Max Hudghton would have grabbed a geen vest with glee in the finals - but he never got a chance and went straight to collingwood - tell me he wouldnt enjoy some time in a dark room with RL?
You think Max would be childish enough to hold a grudge and want to fight Lyon in a dark room?
Really? You dont think much of Max then do you.

Max was a great warrior of the club, but he was cooked when left out of that team, he wasn't the Max of old and I would think he'd be honest enough now the heart ache has settled to admit that.

One last thing on Ross, Spud Frawley rated Ross Lyon as one of the hardest, toughest and dirtiest men he had played against at any level.
Not sure you'd want to be left alone in a dark room with Ross.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Not too sure you'd want the light on either Corfe!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Strange

Spot on, SP. the tough guy schtick doesn't work when you've not made your name at the highest level. Secondly, if you pretend to be something you're not, people generally see through you, eventually. Watters and Neeld both acted like the latter day, grumpy hard arse, MM model. I can imagine he would've instructed to be their own men, authoritarian and to let everyone know the who was in charge. Unfortunately for SW and MN they couldn't pull off the part.
All I see with the Saints right now as a club is that we are going great off-field, but on-field we lack consistency and we are in danger of going down the ladder in the next few years instead of climbing it.

The one thing that I give credit to SW where credit is due, is that he could see that there needed to be a complete rebuild after Pelchen decided that somehow we'd be better off without Dal Santo and Goddard. His focus was in empowering the youth at the club and helping young draftees gain confidence. He made guys feel like they belong in the team and they not only deserve an opportunity but they deserve their spot and deserved to be trusted to take the team forward.

He put noses out of joint and upset senior players and didn't have the backing of those who really pull the strings at St Kilda. His problem, was that he couldn't market his plan or sell the idea to power brokers around the club and instead of us biting the bullet back in 2013 and declaring a full cleanout, here we are in 2017 debating whether Rooy should be playing on next year.

There are a few threads on SS atm discussing coaches, our player recruitment or our player development - or lack there of - and nearly every second post you read has you thinking that we have been treading water while other teams around us and below us on the ladder seem like their rebuild is better and their playing lists hold more potential. No one can definitively convince me and say we are better off without SW, because we are no closer to being a contender 3 years on...nor do we look like we have a core group that can grow and drive us towards being a contender.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Strange

Spot on, SP. the tough guy schtick doesn't work when you've not made your name at the highest level. Secondly, if you pretend to be something you're not, people generally see through you, eventually. Watters and Neeld both acted like the latter day, grumpy hard arse, MM model. I can imagine he would've instructed to be their own men, authoritarian and to let everyone know the who was in charge. Unfortunately for SW and MN they couldn't pull off the part.
All I see with the Saints right now as a club is that we are going great off-field, but on-field we lack consistency and we are in danger of going down the ladder in the next few years instead of climbing it.

The one thing that I give credit to SW where credit is due, is that he could see that there needed to be a complete rebuild after Pelchen decided that somehow we'd be better off without Dal Santo and Goddard. His focus was in empowering the youth at the club and helping young draftees gain confidence. He made guys feel like they belong in the team and they not only deserve an opportunity but they deserve their spot and deserved to be trusted to take the team forward.

He put noses out of joint and upset senior players and didn't have the backing of those who really pull the strings at St Kilda. His problem, was that he couldn't market his plan or sell the idea to power brokers around the club and instead of us biting the bullet back in 2013 and declaring a full cleanout, here we are in 2017 debating whether Rooy should be playing on next year.

There are a few threads on SS atm discussing coaches, our player recruitment or our player development - or lack there of - and nearly every second post you read has you thinking that we have been treading water while other teams around us and below us on the ladder seem like their rebuild is better and their playing lists hold more potential. No one can definitively convince me and say we are better off without SW, because we are no closer to being a contender 3 years on...nor do we look like we have a core group that can grow and drive us towards being a contender.
Hi Scotty,

Just wondering why you played Saad in Brisbane against the clubs orders?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

You are warm mate...yes I am a former coach of the Saints but I'm not SW

My middle name is a very popular one and I believe The Saints playing list has quite a few blokes with my middle name as their first name...anyhow... We coaches are an odd bunch and most of the time we do things a bit differently, and sometimes we just do what we like. Sometimes it get's you a premiership and sometimes it gets you sacked, either way I don't give a fat rat's clacker!!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

We have been rebuilding for 51 years so far, unfortunately, it's going take many more years before we get there. :roll: :roll:

Will the Saints ever have a quality midfield ?
stkmo
Club Player

Scollop wrote:You are warm mate...yes I am a former coach of the Saints but I'm not SW

My middle name is a very popular one and I believe The Saints playing list has quite a few blokes with my middle name as their first name...anyhow... We coaches are an odd bunch and most of the time we do things a bit differently, and sometimes we just do what we like. Sometimes it get's you a premiership and sometimes it gets you sacked, either way I don't give a fat rat's clacker!!
MB? ..

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Scollop wrote:You are warm mate...yes I am a former coach of the Saints but I'm not SW

I dont think IVE BEEN AS EXCITED FOR A COMMENT EVER ON THIS FORUM AS RIGHT NOW with no idea why!

Here comes the nerves - your famous!!!!

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:

I dont think IVE BEEN AS EXCITED FOR A COMMENT EVER ON THIS FORUM AS RIGHT NOW with no idea why!

:shock: no revealing a poster's identity...
Last edited by WellardSaint on Sat 29 Jul 2017 3:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
spert wrote:
We were at the bottom of the ladder. What did it matter?
Really?

You have to ask?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

This prick should be wiped from St Kilda's history

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:

I was responding to SP's ridiculous posts with an equally ridiculous post :shock:

I just wanted to have some fun with it... :lol: :twisted: