The club, not the players

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gershwin
Club Player

Re: The club, not the players

magnifisaint wrote:It's all got to do with money, facilities and culture. St Kilda has never had any of that. At least they bit the bullet and are now farking of from Outer Frankston or Seaford wherever that is. Thanks Archie Fraser for setting the club back about 5 years. We might have a chance if the Moorabin redevelopment is up to scratch
Whats wrong with Seaford? Excellent facilities. Just saw footage of Melbourne's Jetta limping from Goschs Paddock (just a park with people walking past) and then had to limp further to the medical room at AAMI Park. Nothing impressive there.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

WellardSaint wrote:And "there's no "i" in "team"?
But there is a 'me'. :wink:

Wells, I have no knowledge nor opinion on this one, so honest question, what have you (and others) got against Hamill's coaching abilities?

For mine, I'd be starting any cull with that 'talent spotter' we got from Carlscum. :roll:

(BTW, no hosting quoting, nor hosting probs' for you - love that new avatar. :D )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:It's all got to do with money, facilities and culture. St Kilda has never had any of that. At least they bit the bullet and are now farking of from Outer Frankston or Seaford wherever that is. Thanks Archie Fraser for setting the club back about 5 years. We might have a chance if the Moorabin redevelopment is up to scratch
Whats wrong with Seaford? Excellent facilities. Just saw footage of Melbourne's Jetta limping from Goschs Paddock (just a park with people walking past) and then had to limp further to the medical room at AAMI Park. Nothing impressive there.
What's wrong with Seaford? It's in SEAFORD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Gershwin wrote:
Hey!!!! - So am I!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
Gershwin wrote:
Hey!!!! - So am I!!!!
I rest my case! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: cos if it ain't Murrumbeena!............... it's somewhere else! :lol: :lol:

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:What's wrong with Seaford? It's in SEAFORD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whats wong with Tullamarine, whats wrong with casey, whats wrong with waverly/morrabin. Location means s***

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Dave McNamara wrote:

Wells, I have no knowledge nor opinion on this one, so honest question, what have you (and others) got against Hamill's coaching abilities?

For mine, I'd be starting any cull with that 'talent spotter' we got from Carlscum. :roll:

(BTW, no hosting quoting, nor hosting probs' for you - love that new avatar. :D )
I think Hamill is the cause of all the problems in the F50.

They just bomb it in long without trying to look for a leading player
So many entries without any effect.
No accuracy at set shots.

The lads don't play smart getting inside F50
and if we were more efficient with our ball use up forward, we'd have won a few more games
and been more competitive in a lot of others.

Why can't Baroose mark, why was he dropped to the Zebs, why is Skunk nowhere near as good as last year
Why is Lonie so poor (4 kicks+4 handballs and 4 clangers last week)
Weller- defensive forward- has gone backwards and had to get dropped

Hamill can't fix things, if he could, he would have.
Forget the Tigers game, those flogs got ahead of themselves as only they can do,
but they got their heads right after half-time

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:What's wrong with Seaford? It's in SEAFORD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whats wong with Tullamarine, whats wrong with casey, whats wrong with waverly/morrabin. Location means s***

Oooooooh I dont know about that colleague, :? Just ask a real estate agent! He/she'll tell ya! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:

I think Hamill is the cause of all the problems in the F50.

They just bomb it in long without trying to look for a leading player
So many entries without any effect.
No accuracy at set shots.

The lads don't play smart getting inside F50
and if we were more efficient with our ball use up forward, we'd have won a few more games
and been more competitive in a lot of others.

Why can't Baroose mark, why was he dropped to the Zebs, why is Skunk nowhere near as good as last year
Why is Lonie so poor (4 kicks+4 handballs and 4 clangers last week)
Weller- defensive forward- has gone backwards and had to get dropped

Hamill can't fix things, if he could, he would have.
Forget the Tigers game, those flogs got ahead of themselves as only they can do,
but they got their heads right after half-time
I think this is definitely part of the answer as to why we're struggling. We looked deadly in attack for most of the second half of the year in 2016. We have definitely regressed. It all looks like a bit of a mess, even in games where we've won. None of our forwards are better this year than last. The only one who has an excuse is Roo, who even though is declining with age, is our most dangerous forward. That is an indictment on not just the forwards' coach, but the whole development system.

If JM's "flat hands" for the forwards theory is true, then whoever the genius who came up with it should be sacked. It doesn't work and it has definitely caused Bruce and Paddy to regress as players. Hamill should be held responsible. While we're at it, our development coaches should also be moved along. They have failed to achieve any significant improvement in our younger players. That's what they're mainly there to do. I think it's time to move on Gilbee, McPhee and Searle.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
The_President
Club Player

Would love to see our boys show a bit of aggression and arrogance.

Unsociable footy.
If you hit one of our boys, you have to deal with the rest of them.

I love Toby Greene in that regard.