Dear Lethlean bashers....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Con Gorozidis wrote:I'm ready to move on.
I've given my thoughts.
He is coming.
So let's just get used to it.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Whats the big deal,always been saints and sinners..............like all clubs

Grrrrr
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
Grrrrr wrote:lol Not good enough for AFL head office due to his "extra curricular activities" but good enough for a job at The Saints...
Smacks of double standards.
Poor moral choice by The Saints.
Interesting that Carlton passed on him given they had the 2 biggest crooks working for them as administrators. Collins and Elliott. Lower than life those two bastards. Smacks of double standards and political correctness in this day and age. Have absolutely no issues if the guy wishes to have an extra marital affair. Who is anybody to judge on that. I wonder how many on here have ostracized their friends for something similar? Maybe you told them that they weren't good enough to be your friend. Come on Con own up.
Yep, you're right, double standards exist everywhere. I don't doubt he could do a good job, just looking at it from a morals point of view. Should he err again (surely he's smart enough to know better) then the club will have to deal with all the s*** that will come its way.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Its amasing how Lethlean has suddenly become a Patron Saint overnight since being picked up. Fairdinkum....what is next.....knighthood? :roll:

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:Its amasing how Lethlean has suddenly become a Patron Saint overnight since being picked up. Fairdinkum....what is next.....knighthood? :roll:
It's amazing you could say that when it's completely untrue.

What is next... a firing squad? :roll:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

satchmo wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Its amasing how Lethlean has suddenly become a Patron Saint overnight since being picked up. Fairdinkum....what is next.....knighthood? :roll:

That is a touch extreme.

Seriously, would you be happy if your wife, girlfriend, sister, daughter or mother working in the same office as Sir Simon Lethlean? Its a very legitimate question to ask any Saints fan.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
satchmo wrote:

That is a touch extreme.

Seriously, would you be happy if your wife, girlfriend, sister, daughter or mother working in the same office as Sir Simon Lethlean? Its a very legitimate question to ask any Saints fan.
Treat em mean keep em Lethlean.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Seriously, would you be happy if your wife, girlfriend, sister, daughter or mother working in the same office as Sir Simon Lethlean? Its a very legitimate question to ask any Saints fan.[/quote]

Of course. Why wouldn't you be? He had an adult relationship with a willing partner. I know nothing of his home life and how miserable he was in his home life to try to find some happiness elsewhere. Nor do you.

What I do know is that he owned up and resigned when he didn't have to. Infact legally he could have sued the AFL for wrongful dismissal. He may not have won but he would have a case. He was great at his job hence his ridiculous salary and we got him because too many holier than now let me cast the first stone types think he will try to shag everyone in the office. It would be funny if not so idiotic

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
satchmo wrote:

That is a touch extreme.

Treat em mean keep em Lethlean.
We lost a champ (Bains) and picked up a chump (Patron Saint of Family Lethlean).

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote:
Of course. Why wouldn't you be? He had an adult relationship with a willing partner. I know nothing of his home life and how miserable he was in his home life to try to find some happiness elsewhere. Nor do you.

What I do know is that he owned up and resigned when he didn't have to. Infact legally he could have sued the AFL for wrongful dismissal. He may not have won but he would have a case. He was great at his job hence his ridiculous salary and we got him because too many holier than now let me cast the first stone types think he will try to shag everyone in the office. It would be funny if not so idiotic
Yeah Nah.
Thats not what happened.
He never owned up and resigned.
He was outed by a HS journo and was forced to 'resign' by the AFL who made a deal with him - resign, fall on your sword publicly - and will keep the full details of your f*** ups private and get you a job in clubland in 6 months time.
The AFL stage managed this and went in to damage control. It has been mostly swept under the carpet and people have been paid off for their silence.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 18 Dec 2017 7:34pm, edited 3 times in total.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

DJ Higgins wrote:Seriously, would you be happy if your wife, girlfriend, sister, daughter or mother working in the same office as Sir Simon Lethlean? Its a very legitimate question to ask any Saints fan.

What I do know is that he owned up and resigned when he didn't have to. Infact legally he could have sued the AFL for wrongful dismissal. He may not have won but he would have a case. He was great at his job hence his ridiculous salary and we got him because too many holier than now let me cast the first stone types think he will try to shag everyone in the office. It would be funny if not so idiotic[/quote]

Oh well, as long as those two are happy with what they did. Who cares how the other partners and kids feel and the damage it will do to them for life.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
DJ Higgins wrote:

Yeah Nah.
Thats not what happened.
He was outed by a HS journo and was forced to 'resign' by the AFL who made a deal with him - resign, fall on your sword publicly - and will keep the full details of your f*** ups private and get you a job in clubland in 6 months time.
The AFL stage managed this and went in to damage control. It has been mostly swept under the carpet and people have been paid off for their silence.
you kind of proved what I said. He was outed by a journalist absolutely and then when confronted he owned up. Exactly what I said. He was forced to resign which is illegal for a company to do and being forced to resign still means you resign? So yeah he owned up and resigned.
And the AFL didn't get him a job at all otherwise he would be at Carlton as they had first go at him but he thought he had the job and did a sub par presentation and was overlooked??? And what other F*** ups are you referring too? Do you have proof of these or just speculation again

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Oh well, as long as those two are happy with what they did. Who cares how the other partners and kids feel and the damage it will do to them for life.[/quote]

A touch melodramatic there don't you think.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

DJ Higgins wrote:Oh well, as long as those two are happy with what they did. Who cares how the other partners and kids feel and the damage it will do to them for life.
A touch melodramatic there don't you think.[/quote]

Not really. His kids unfortunately will learn of this. Its on the net for life so innocent victims once again.

But anyway, he will have to earn everyone's trust. I'm not confident in him but I trust Finnis. I just hope this bloke doesn't do an Andrew Lovett 2.0 on the club and go off the rails.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Grrrrr wrote:lol Not good enough for AFL head office due to his "extra curricular activities" but good enough for a job at The Saints...
Smacks of double standards.
Poor moral choice by The Saints.
Interesting that Carlton passed on him given they had the 2 biggest crooks working for them as administrators. Collins and Elliott. Lower than life those two bastards. Smacks of double standards and political correctness in this day and age. Have absolutely no issues if the guy wishes to have an extra marital affair. Who is anybody to judge on that. I wonder how many on here have ostracized their friends for something similar? Maybe you told them that they weren't good enough to be your friend. Come on Con own up.
You are a slow learner.

The issue for me is the use of work resources to carry on the affair and the use of his position to give the chick a promotion so she 'owed him one'.
He abused his power to get sex.
Totally different story than what you are making out.

We all know he was making regular work trips to Sydney just to bang her.
Also funny how she landed such a cushy job.

Surely you can see the difference?
Nup. He can f*** whoever he likes. I really don't care. None of my business or yours. Just hope he's the one who can set us up for a premiership. Tell me, would you prefer we hire dumb do gooders and finish down the bottom or a couple of arseholes who play up on their missus and get us a premiership. If you're a dumb f*** I know which option you would choose.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I thought this was Saintsaitional, not Mamamia.

Moral policing.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Gershwin
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
DJ Higgins wrote:

Yeah Nah.
Thats not what happened.
Con you live in a fantasy world of your own creation. Your plot is interesting but not based on any facts. A good paperback - go to it.

summertime and the living is easy ........
maverick
Saintsational Legend

So on this basis we should:

Strike Nicky winmar from our life member list
God knows what we do with barks
Carlisle needs to go
Milney and joey should be also banned from life members

All just as farcical
This site is hilarious

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote: Con you live in a fantasy world of your own creation. Your plot is interesting but not based on any facts. A good paperback - go to it.
Ok mate.
You tell me where I am wrong??

FACT1
Blomberg was hired to a 'Community Participation Coordinator' job in Sydney in December 2012 and was promoted to Auskick Manager for AFL/ACT a mere 8 months later. July 2016 was when she got hired to the new job at the exact same time the affair started.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/1336660/

So the affair was happening in Sydney. That is a fact.

Who was paying for SL's trips up there twice a week?

Why was he suddenly 'needing' to go to Sydney for 'work trips' so often?

Pretty obvious why he was boned by the AFL.

Believing anything else is either naive - or you are stuck on the Sam Newman 'political correctness gone mad!!' thing that many old white males whinge about.

Think about it. Maddi thought SL was going to leave his wife - so it was clearly more than just a bit of shagging. There was wining and dining. And no way that was happening in Melbourne where he would be caught out in a 5 seconds.
He was wining and dining her in SYdney.

Once again - if im making this up - you tell me where I am wrong.

Which bit is wrong?

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:I thought this was Saintsaitional, not Mamamia.

Moral policing.
This thread and site will be studied by philosophers and professors from the highest calibre universities in 100 years time SP. Mark my words.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Moral policing.
Agree.
Im not fussed about the morality stuff.
I am only arguing this isnt 'just a bit of shagging and political correctness gone mad' which is the Sam Newman argument.

I am just saying there is a little more to it than that.

s*** Im not having a cry about it.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Moral policing.
Agree.
I am only arguing this isnt 'just a bit of shagging and political correctness gone mad' which is the Sam Newman argument.

And we all know Sam Newman is an idiot so why bother?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The guy was well paid and well respected at the AFL.
For whatever reason he entered into a consensual relationship with an lower rung colleague.
He has paid for his sin professionally and most likely in his home life.

He is obviously an intelligent man, so one would hope he has learnt his lesson.
Good on the saints for giving him a break as I would guess he is better credentialed and more experienced than most available applicants.

What he did wasn't great, no doubt, but it was not illegal and there is no Don Burke or Rolf Harris style allegations.
Give him a break and judge him on performance, I'd bet he'll grab this opportunity in both hands.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Moral policing.
Agree.

Not sure.

You seem to be the one parroting him.

So you are saying

a) the affair took place in Melbourne?

Or

b) all of SL's AFL paid Sydney trips from July 2016 to June 2017 were legitimate business?

Has to be one or the other? So put up or shut up.

You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Moral policing.
Agree.

Not sure.

You seem to be the one parroting him.

So you are saying

a) the affair took place in Melbourne?

Or

b) all of SL's AFL paid Sydney trips from July 2016 to June 2017 were legitimate business?

Has to be one or the other? So put up or shut up.

You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.
Con I think Blomberg was in England from Sept 16 to Feb 17. Was SL flying to the UK via Sydney?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... d498285b15