Steele in a moonboot

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: Steele in a moonboot

axcellence wrote:Cool... no consequences for spreading false rumours. What about the old ruse... “oh, just joking”.

Cool then. I’ll say some stuff I heard from my uncle’s nephew’s friend of a friend.

Richo’s been so pleased that he’s given a positive result to a coach’s drug test
Mav did some deep stuff with his meditation and is now catatonic
Rest of them got lost trying to find the football :P

Oh and a plugger or someone has posted on bigfooty that he knows from inside sources that Freeman has done a bad hammy and Armitage’s body is so bad that he’s done.

But hey... no consequences for spreading false stuff. And we can’t be seen as complaining, can we?
Well I am reporting SMS’s post. And I request that if you agree with SMS getting some type of penalty- then please report it as well.
we will know if anyof the stuff is true this week as the players come back today.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Steele was in full training today.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Steele was in full training today.
I'm surprised you can run in a moon boot. Maybe he's training to be an astronaut.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Steele was in full training today.
I'm surprised you can run in a moon boot. Maybe he's training to be an astronaut. As the moon has 1/6 th the gravity of earth I suppose his broken foot won't hinder him as much. Not that SMS would know

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

It was a chinese whisper which started out as "Steele Sidebottom moons bootstrapper" .. but after 1,000 retellings, the final version "Steele in a moonboot" is not that far removed.

axcellence
Club Player

saintly wrote:
axcellence wrote:Cool... no consequences for spreading false rumours. What about the old ruse... “oh, just joking”.

Cool then. I’ll say some stuff I heard from my uncle’s nephew’s friend of a friend.

Richo’s been so pleased that he’s given a positive result to a coach’s drug test

Oh and a plugger or someone has posted on bigfooty that he knows from inside sources that Freeman has done a bad hammy and Armitage’s body is so bad that he’s done.

But hey... no consequences for spreading false stuff. And we can’t be seen as complaining, can we?
Well I am reporting SMS’s post. And I request that if you agree with SMS getting some type of penalty- then please report it as well.
we will know if anyof the stuff is true this week as the players come back today.
Done.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Ok so what rule did they break? SMS didn’t post the original rumour. The information SMS posted turns out to be wrong BUT I can’t find a rule that it actually breaches given the posting history isn’t littered with such posts thus cannot be considered s troll.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
longtimesaint
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:

Ok so what rule did they break? SMS didn’t post the original rumour. The information SMS posted turns out to be wrong BUT I can’t find a rule that it actually breaches given the posting history isn’t littered with such posts thus cannot be considered s troll.
Perhaps we could have a rule about not posting unsubstantiated rumours as all us Saints tragics are chasing news of it for a week or more

One year will be our year
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the rule should be don’t believe everything you read on the internet...

I reckon ppl need to get over it

Crickey it’ll be boring around here if all we talk about are confirmed facts

Moods
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Maybe the rule should be don’t believe everything you read on the internet...

100% agree. In fact the post generated discussion and in actual fact was partially correct. He WAS in a moonboot and had been injured. Probably the follow up language about being out for the year was OTT, but I'd rather that than just incessant bickering. It was about the Saints and topical.

axcellence
Club Player

skeptic wrote:Maybe the rule should be don’t believe everything you read on the internet...

I agree I can get over people typing rubbish on the internet. But, imagine 100 jokers all running around posting rubbish. Then it becomes like spam on email.

It is about drawing a line on the sand. I have read the forum rules and probably I am more guilty of breaking the rules than SMS.

But, rather than the poster individually, the behaviour of posting pre season rubbish - eg broken legs, torn hamstrings with irrespective of intent needs to be policed a bit more.

Otherwise brace yourself- next pre season there will be more people posting rubbish injury news like nothing else. Repeat cheating in the prisoner’s dilemma scenario- and all that jazz.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

axcellence wrote:

I agree I can get over people typing rubbish on the internet. But, imagine 100 jokers all running around posting rubbish. Then it becomes like spam on email.

It is about drawing a line on the sand. I have read the forum rules and probably I am more guilty of breaking the rules than SMS.

But, rather than the poster individually, the behaviour of posting pre season rubbish - eg broken legs, torn hamstrings with irrespective of intent needs to be policed a bit more.

Otherwise brace yourself- next pre season there will be more people posting rubbish injury news like nothing else. Repeat cheating in the prisoner’s dilemma scenario- and all that jazz.
Keep the rumours coming.

He was in a moon boot for f**** sake... rumours 1000 times more unbelievable have shown to be proven. Carey, Didak in the car, De Goey's dog..

You need to relax.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

He's Steele on the bench at training today.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

And here he is trying to kick a footy in the rooms afterwards.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the rule should be don't post bulls*** on an internet forum if you want to stay credible, especially if you are a frequent poster otherwise your credibility goes down the toilet. I think we know who to believe and not to believe.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The OP failed to mention he was at an 80's fancy dress party. The rest is an SMS malfunction.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

the only new rule worth considering
is that there are no rules

mart gets remembered for his 'no photo'
perfectionist gets remembered for his 'he is a dud'
gazrat gets remembered for his brilliance
and SMS just could possibly be remembered for 'gone for the season'

lets see what happens

ie ... lol ... eff anymore **** rules ... please

rulesr4mules

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote:the only new rule worth considering

lets see what happens

rulesr4mules
How about we have a sinbin. All s*** posts go in there. We definitely don't need more rules just more intelligent posts.

So anyway here's to SMS

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:
asiu wrote:the only new rule worth considering

lets see what happens

rulesr4mules
How about we have a sinbin. All s*** posts go in there. We definitely don't need more rules just more intelligent posts.

So anyway here's to SMS

SMS is in more trouble then Mark Thompson. Something is going down!!

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Drake Huggins
Club Player

No doubt the police investigation will show the materials seized were supplements and not drugs. The powders will remain unanalysed. No one will ever know what they are. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along now. Off you go.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:

Maybe the rule should be don't post bulls*** on an internet forum if you want to stay credible, especially if you are a frequent poster otherwise your credibility goes down the toilet. I think we know who to believe and not to believe.
Ok. Let’s do this so long as everyone agrees to it and promises to only post the truth...

Think a player looks sore and may be injured... keep it to yourself
Heard a rumour that the club has approached player x... I don’t want to know about it
JAXONS!!!!! You’re out. You’re done. Nothing from you ever again.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

Ok. Let’s do this so long as everyone agrees to it and promises to only post the truth...

Heard a rumour that the club has approached player x... I don’t want to know about it
Jaxons was the only one that got it right. It's not so much getting it wrong its the flagrant bulls*** that stinks this place out

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
skeptic wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

Jaxons was the only one that got it right. It's not so much getting it wrong its the flagrant bulls*** that stinks this place out
He also suggested plenty of things that didn’t pan out.
Regardless, most of us know that this is the nature of these things and are ok with it.

In terms of flagrant BS, is it really that big a problem around here? Heck this is the only major call that’s been way off in the last 3 months I can remember... and buy all accounts JS was in a moonboot

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Unless I missed it, SMS could explain himself but he has gone all quiet; text function must be not working.

Must have missed the post where SMS said that he read or heard a rumour that..It sounded made up to me but this place is run by hypocrites and gullible types.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Interestingly, steel boots were used on the moon.... there was steel in a moonboot. See link, below.
https://www.shapecut.com.au/blog/stainl ... -the-moon/