'Eastern Memorial' Saintsational Player of the year 2018

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Does anyone want this run again this year? There seemed to be fewer voters last year

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 12

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

'Eastern Memorial' Saintsational Player of the year 2018

Does anyone want this run again this year - there seemed to be fewer voters last year

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: 'Eastern Memorial' Saintsational Player of the year 2018

I can’t imagine anyone voting “No”, although somebody will now that I’ve mentioned it.

I look forward to it every week.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Just to confirm - I am more than happy to keep doing it!!!!!!!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Maybe no-one is voting no - but 51 views and four votes - one of which is mine - hmmmmmm

― Aristophanes

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

If you’re happy to tally SD, I’m happy to vote!

Always loyal
bergsone
SS Life Member

I only vote on games I see in full,sometimes reckon some vote on highlight packages and stats.Anyway didnt vote as much last year,missed too many games this year looking the same

loris
Saintsational Legend

I find it really interesting to see the votes given by S/S each week, so I hope you keep it going.

I usually only vote on games that I’ve seen live. IMHO, TV coverage doesn’t show enough to effectively give an opinion on what worth a player is to the team in given situations on what they do off the ball etc. I used to try doing it from watching games on TV, but I thought it was too limited.

Living in Perth I’m lucky to see the Saints once or twice a season. And I usually get to Melbourne for at least one or two games a season so I don’t participate in giving votes that much. Actually I find it interesting to go and watch a replay of a match after I’ve seen the game live, the different perspective I get re players contributions at times is quite marked.

TV is good to watch in the close work I think, TV shows up things you often don’t pick up from the stands. However for an overall view of players performances I believe you need to be watching games live.

Maybe we should have 2 categories........ votes from people who are actually watching the game live, and those who cast their votes from TV coverage only?

Don’t want to cause extra work for you do I Sainter_Dad ?????

You do a great job!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Maybe we should have 2 categories........ votes from people who are actually watching the game live, and those who cast their votes from TV coverage only?
We cant police whether a voter is at the game or not - so nice idea - but I think a bust!

― Aristophanes

bergsone
SS Life Member

loris wrote:I find it really interesting to see the votes given by S/S each week, so I hope you keep it going.

I usually only vote on games that I’ve seen live. IMHO, TV coverage doesn’t show enough to effectively give an opinion on what worth a player is to the team in given situations on what they do off the ball etc. I used to try doing it from watching games on TV, but I thought it was too limited.

Living in Perth I’m lucky to see the Saints once or twice a season. And I usually get to Melbourne for at least one or two games a season so I don’t participate in giving votes that much. Actually I find it interesting to go and watch a replay of a match after I’ve seen the game live, the different perspective I get re players contributions at times is quite marked.

TV is good to watch in the close work I think, TV shows up things you often don’t pick up from the stands. However for an overall view of players performances I believe you need to be watching games live.

Maybe we should have 2 categories........ votes from people who are actually watching the game live, and those who cast their votes from TV coverage only?

Don’t want to cause extra work for you do I Sainter_Dad ?????

You do a great job!
Loris,you explained it so much better than i could :)