Footy department shake-up continues at Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Callum Twomey
Mar 21, 2018 3:11PM

ST KILDA has promoted Chris Liberatore to be its national recruiting manager as it finalises its football department structure for 2018.

Liberatore has been a key member of the Saints' recruiting team since 2011 but has been elevated to the position ahead of this season. He had previously managed the Victorian region of St Kilda's scouting.

Tony Elshaug remains head of the department as list and recruiting manager, a dual role he has held for the past three seasons having previously been national recruiting manager.

The highly regarded Liberatore is the older half-brother of Western Bulldogs premiership midfielder Tom and was part of the Saints' recruiting group who decided on Hunter Clark and Nick Coffield last year with the club's pair of top-10 picks.

The club has confirmed Clark will make his senior debut in its season opening game against Brisbane on Saturday at Etihad Stadium.

St Kilda has had change within its football department over the off-season, with former AFL executive Simon Lethlean appointed to be the new Saints' football manager.

The club was also a part of the merry-go-round in recruiting positions, with former scout Mark Smart leaving for a position at Hawthorn.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Footy department shake-up continues at Saints

Elsaugh keeps his position, commiserations to Drake Huggins. As for Libratore's promotion, has he got his younger half brother's agreement on a shift to the Saints? I'd promote him for that.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Linton Lodger wrote:Elsaugh keeps his position, commiserations to Drake Huggins. As for Libratore's promotion, has he got his younger half brother's agreement on a shift to the Saints? I'd promote him for that.
They should have given DH a gig!

In all seriousness though, our Libba is highly regarded in recruiting circles. Maybe he could get his half-brother over to the Saints at season's end...

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:Elsaugh keeps his position, commiserations to Drake Huggins. As for Libratore's promotion, has he got his younger half brother's agreement on a shift to the Saints? I'd promote him for that.

In all seriousness though, our Libba is highly regarded in recruiting circles. Maybe he could get his half-brother over to the Saints at season's end...
You think everybody at the club is 'highly regarded'.

How is this a shake up?
Seems like a very minor change in job title.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

I'd be happier if his half-brother came as part of the package. The "Footy Department Shakeup" is a touch hyperbolic, don't you think? More like a twitch. I don't think this is a change at all. Maybe CL is being groomed for the top job. Onwards and upwards. I've done all the criticising I'm going to do. Let's play some football!

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Hear, hear, LL! Thanks for your sympathy. I'm heartbroken. :D

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

You think everybody at the club is 'highly regarded'.

How is this a shake up?
Seems like a very minor change in job title.
Incorrect Big Con G. I have only really said this about the recently departed Ameet Bains from my bad memory.

Shake up? Reporters at their best! :D

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Drake Huggins wrote:
Hear, hear, LL! Thanks for your sympathy. I'm heartbroken. :D
You know his younger brother is a Free Agent at season's end. Fingers crossed.

The Real Numpty
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:They should have given DH a gig!
My great friend Park Avenue Sainter, you are right, so right! Mr Huggins would be a wonderful appointment, believe me! But I had to intervene. Yes I did. I need Mr Huggins, as my new Secretary of State, and overseer of the 'Novichok list'. (People are blaming the Russians! Can you believe that? :lol: ) Who next? Maybe that President Kennett? I hear he supports something called 'Beyond Blue'. That's the Democrats' color, so going beyond blue, that must be, well, really leftist and Mexican, believe me! #keepingKennettgratedagain