Small crowd

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Merchant
Club Player

Re: Small crowd

If you think supporters can't affect the outcome of a game, you don't watch many Perth and Adelaide games. We got a pretty rough trot with the umps yesterday, and those that were there attempted to let them know but it has far less impact with 15,000 as opposed to 30 to 40,000. If we had twice as many fans there yesterday, the ump adjudicating the Carlisle free may have gone the other way.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

For the first time in my life, I can't get angry at supporters who don't turn up.

Life is full of stuff to do these days.

Supporting St Kilda, when the team is only trying 1 in 4 games, with zero stars to enjoy watching, and when going to the footy is basically an expensive exercise in being quiet and following very strict rules...

Don't get me wrong, I still go, but I don't blame those who don't. The compelling reasons of "loyalty" - what, to Matt Finnis, Bains, "Trout", Richo and everyone else fleecing our club for 250k each? **** that.

This is slightly rose-tinted, and I don't mean to over-glorify the past, but at least you knew GT would absolutely bleed to make the club successful.

St Kilda wasn't a stop off on the career ladder for him or Waldron (like or loathe their strategies). It is for Finnis, Lethlean and Bains (already gone). (...and yes, I actually think they're good admin, but I can now see they are waaaaay too vanilla to lead and inspire - big difference between managing and leading).

I'm not convinced St Kilda can win when it doesn't have St Kilda people driving it forward. We are a unique club. You get us or you don't.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

gaz nods head in agreement

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
repta
Club Player

Unfortunately the game is entertainment and competes with a huge and varied amount of alternatives. When entertainers dish up crap it is easy to become disengaged. Holds true for all forms of entertainment.

The club entered the year with very high expectations both from within and externally. They have failed.

However the gws game hopefully is the turning point. I believe most supporters want to see the team pu in 100%. As long as the team are playing to the expectations the supporters will support.

Going into the game the saints were a Jack Stevens quarter away from being winless for the year. Skills dreadful, structure wrong and goal kicking laughable. Only a die hard fan would put themselves through that frustration.

If they keep play like they did against GWS (and keep improving) the crowds will build again.