I'm Happy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kell
Club Player

I'm Happy

Despite missing 4 points we showed effort and heart. Billings confidence has been shot but I think that last goal from him might have been just the medicine he needs. McCartin clearly demonstrated he will be a force....and Long is all class. Weller added some well needed grunt. Roberton andd Webster were sorely missed but White has cemented a position that will make it hard for the selection panel.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm Happy

Devastated - i was so happy to lose my streak on a win. But a draw? Cruel.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Tom_Sainter
Club Player

Hickey showed today why Longer should never play for the club again.. in this day and age you can't have a player who is a liability around the ground

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Big Hick seized the No.1 spot today.

felix
Club Player

Coff and White... excellent inclusions to the team this year.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

I think this game really proved that Saints fans need to be alot more patient with younger players and those they think are no good.

This game could be a season turner for the Saints. Fingers crossed.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Newman
Club Player

I'm happy. A lot worse when you lead by 3 goals and end in a draw. Got respect back, got 2 points. Still major concern - kicking more goals.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote:I think this game really proved that Saints fans need to be alot more patient with younger players and those they think are no good.

This game could be a season turner for the Saints. Fingers crossed.
Maybe. Or, we could get flogged by 100 points again in our next match. Any number of conclusions can come from a galant draw. A few consistent performances on the trot however...

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

A semi-pleasing result.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

i am very happy today and if you asked anyone if they would accept a draw against the top team they would have taken it. Yes GWS were off target today and there were a few things that could have been different e,g, free kicks, accuracy but we didn't lose today. Most played well, Gilbo get some better shoes, Billings kick straighter etc but it doesn't matter. Long bombs were way down, team played better. Long and Weller tackle hard and our defence was solid. Coffield is ice cool, Whomever Brown marked today did f all and Paddy got a few goals. Positive day today

Go saints. Not saying were are out of the woods but nice to see what we can do when we play as a team

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

We need to back it up next week and the next

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Vazelos
Club Player

With a list the 3rd youngest in the league we need to keep this in mind.
What was pleasing is its not Riewoldt, Montagna and Gilbert best players but good signs from many of the Under 23 group.
Long has arrived, Paddy showed a step forward today, Coffield and Clark displaying quality far beyond guys that have not even played 5 games, White was good, Hickey showed some promise....
Pleasing and positive as AR would say....

St. Paul
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:We need to back it up next week and the next
Definitely this! They need to back it up or else we're back to square one. That effort today, as magnificent as it was will have taken plenty out of the players. I hope they can reproduce the effort, because they gave everything they had. I've never seen the group look as spent as they were at the end today.

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote:With a list the 3rd youngest in the league we need to keep this in mind.
What was pleasing is its not Riewoldt, Montagna and Gilbert best players but good signs from many of the Under 23 group.
Long has arrived, Paddy showed a step forward today, Coffield and Clark displaying quality far beyond guys that have not even played 5 games, White was good, Hickey showed some promise....
Pleasing and positive as AR would say....
I noticed Richo being very careful with his speech and leaving out the P words. That is pleasing and positive as he tends to sound like a dufus when he overuses them.

Fantastic to see some of the kids beginning to step up. That is the big plus about losing someone like Rooey. Plenty of room in which to grow. Adaptive radiation.

SuperDuper
Club Player

Young list indeed... And in fact the oldest players are not terribly important.. i.e. Gilbert and Brown... we dont have much depth so they are best 22 atm but losing them in 2 years will not have an effect, presuming 3-4 youngsters develop, i.e. from those not playing today 3-4 of Auston, Goddard, Clavarino (1 of those tall backs at least), Battle, Paton, Freeman, 2018 first rounder (supposedly a good draft), Marshall, Rice