Gears

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint6709
Club Player

Gears

I don,t want to bag anyone and think Gears has a massive heart - but is going to be best 22 next year ?

Crossy66
Club Player

Re: Gears

saint6709 wrote:I don,t want to bag anyone and think Gears has a massive heart - but is going to be best 22 next year ?
Will be best 22 for a few more years as he is a terrific lock down defender. But i do close my eyes when he kicks the footy :)

The Recruit
Club Player

Geary had a stinker today. Not sure it is okay to have a captain that makes such poor decision with the footy. He won’t be in our best 22 when we lift the cup...just not good enough skill wise Webster or Rice will take his place.

Dunstan or Ross should be made captain ASAP
Last edited by The Recruit on Sat 21 Apr 2018 9:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Leon Cameron's view on Geary's game today is worth considering too

"I think you've got to give credit to Geary, he's the captain of their footy club and he played a really good game," Cameron said.

"Toby would be the first to put his hand up and say he was beaten by Geary today, he's a proud player."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-21/b ... aw-cameron

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

cowboy18 wrote:Leon Cameron's view on Geary's game today is worth considering too

"I think you've got to give credit to Geary, he's the captain of their footy club and he played a really good game," Cameron said.

"Toby would be the first to put his hand up and say he was beaten by Geary today, he's a proud player."

There you go. :D

Gears has the heart of a Group 1 racehorse. He gives his all and can shut down small forwards. People need to give a true servant of our club a break. Yes, his skills aren't fantastic, but you need blokes like him that are willing to run through brick walls for his footy club.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:Leon Cameron's view on Geary's game today is worth considering too

Gears has the heart of a Group 1 racehorse. He gives his all and can shut down small forwards. People need to give a true servant of our club a break. Yes, his skills aren't fantastic, but you need blokes like him that are willing to run through brick walls for his footy club.
In the second half Geary and Gilbert both continually broke down gws attacks with their desperation

Some just see what they want to see

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

In the second half Geary and Gilbert both continually broke down gws attacks with their desperation

He turns the ball over more than anyone on our list!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:Geary had a stinker today. Not sure it is okay to have a captain that makes such poor decision with the footy. He won’t be in our best 22 when we lift the cup...just not good enough skill wise Webster or Rice will take his place.

Dunstan or Ross should be made captain ASAP
WRONG.

Geary was one of our best. Gave the best small forward in the AFL a bath.

A fact acknowledged by the opposition coach.

Did you even watch the game?

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Sainter of the Day the previous two games, did a great job on an elite player in Toby Greene today. And pea-brains want to bag him and drop him?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Saint supporter since '62
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Lol. What would Leon Cameron know?
He was only a champ player of the game and is now an established AFL head coach.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

+1

Don't know why Gilbo was not getting a game. Was the coach saving him for September?

congorozides
Club Player

I am pretty sure it was White giving Toby a torrid time most of the time.