To all those who left as early as 3/4 time....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Bug wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Tom_Aus wrote:
Bug wrote:I am disappointed in the supporters leaving any time before the boys left the ground. I know what it's like to be a the G and hear the final siren go, I was there last year. But the players don't just give up at 3/4 time and not come back out on the ground, they stay until the bitter end, so should we.

Aren't we forgetting that we beat 14 other teams to be there today, the boys deserve to be congratulated for that.
I don't think you can have a go at supporters leaving early. I paid $270 to watch absolute sh*t from the players today. I stayed until the 25 minute mark, as i couldn't bare to listen to the song at the end of the game.
Exactly.

Never understood the moral high ground people take about staying until the end. Scarred enough as it is,let alone to have witness human trash in raptures. The players have there massive pay cheques and perks to fall back on,we supporters have a broken bank balance and broken hearts

I completely understand, we flew back from London last year (2 return flights $3000, 2 GF tickets $500). This year my bf flew back (1 return flight $1600, 1 GF ticket $235), he then paid $140 to change the flight, stayed another week in Melbourne (thankfully for free with friends) and then paid another $240 for the replay ticket. But he's a loyal supporter and I don't think any amount of money would stop him (obviously). I can only be upset at the AFL for charging so much second time round.
Seems to me the cost of the ticket was well within your means.
What is your point?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Michele
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote:I intend to do just that joffaboy. And if they can leave while the boys are still playing and bag the players on their way out I've got every right to bag them back. Cabbage. And don't take the moral high ground on internet posting and self-esteem mate.
Dude, you were not even there so how can you bag others who made the effort to front up two weeks in a row.

It's a personal decision to leave and everyone handles it differently.
Yes he was flew over from WA for both games.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Also I would love to know the low lifes that sold the ticket the the Fifth supports...

There are some obvious seats within my bay and to the right were then filth were seated.

We sat in row M4 Row H (bearing in mind the cheer squad was sitting in the next bay at M3) and in front of me and to the left the filth were there waving the flags

F*** the posts about leaving 5 min before the game, how about the parasite supporters that are members of the social club and are comfortable with selling their tickets to the opposition.

:?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Also I would love to know the low lifes that sold the ticket the the Fifth supports...

There are some obvious seats within my bay and to the right were then filth were seated.

We sat in row M4 Row H (bearing in mind the cheer squad was sitting in the next bay at M3) and in front of me and to the left the filth were there waving the flags

F*** the posts about leaving 5 min before the game, how about the parasite supporters that are members of the social club and are comfortable with selling their tickets to the opposition.

THIS

EXACTLY

I asked and was told apparently St Kilda members gave their barcodes to their Collingwood friends!

So while some St Kilda members missed out when the allocation sold out, apparently quite a few members used their barcodes denying genuine St Kilda members a ticket, then gave or sold these to Collingwood supporters or friends!

Agree entirely St Fid, this pissed me off totally!

I must have seen about 100 Collingwood supporters scattered in amongst those 5 St Kilda bays!

Pumping their fists and waving their flags in OUR area, because apparently some St Kilda members sold out their own and denied genuine St Kilda members the opportunity to get a ticket!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Also I would love to know the low lifes that sold the ticket the the Fifth supports...

THIS

EXACTLY

I asked and was told apparently St Kilda members gave their barcodes to their Collingwood friends!

So while some St Kilda members missed out when the allocation sold out, apparently quite a few members used their barcodes denying genuine St Kilda members a ticket, then gave or sold these to Collingwood supporters or friends!

I must have seen about 100 Collingwood supporters scattered in amongst those 5 St Kilda bays!

Pumping their fists and waving their flags in OUR area, because apparently some St Kilda members sold out their own and denied genuine St Kilda members the opportunity to get a ticket!
Absolutely disgusting.

On the flip side, I would like to thank all of those who gave up spare tickets specifically to those who deserved them.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

THIS

EXACTLY

lol we don't agree much on here of late, but I am glad you agree on this issue....

I was upset that a poster (who joined in 2004) and has never posted anything in the last couple of years, was allowed to flog "standard seats" for $600 each X 2 ( the face value of a ticket was $161)

I could not believe how this site was willing to allow this poster to allowed to have access to this site in order to gain a profit and become a faceless a gutless person, knowing that he could face a $7000 fine.

This site really needs to look in to being proactive IMO and stop this "grab for cash" approach...

The poster mentioned in his PM that he was not willing to separate the two tickets and wanted $1200 for two "standard seats"...

The word gutless pr1ck comes to my mind and I hope he got cought

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

THIS

EXACTLY

lol we don't agree much on here of late, but I am glad you agree on this issue....

I was upset that a poster (who joined in 2004) and has never posted anything in the last couple of years, was allowed to flog "standard seats" for $600 each X 2 ( the face value of a ticket was $161)

I could not believe how this site was willing to allow this poster to allowed to have access to this site in order to gain a profit and become a faceless a gutless person, knowing that he could face a $7000 fine.

This site really needs to look in to being proactive IMO and stop this "grab for cash" approach...

The poster mentioned in his PM that he was not willing to separate the two tickets and wanted $1200 for two "standard seats"...

It's interesting you should bring that up St Fid because the person who paid all that money to see that crap dished up yesterday would be feeling very very ill.
In fact anyone who had to pay them ridiculous prices for a GF ticket and is a St Kilda support would be feeling it more than the rest of us.
I just hope the people that made a profit are feeling a little guilty now with making other St Kilda supporters pay thru the nose to watch a lack lusted performance yesterday.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

THIS

EXACTLY

It's interesting you should bring that up St Fid because the person who paid all that money to see that crap dished up yesterday would be feeling very very ill.
In fact anyone who had to pay them ridiculous prices for a GF ticket and is a St Kilda support would be feeling it more than the rest of us.
I just hope the people that made a profit are feeling a little guilty now with making other St Kilda supporters pay thru the nose to watch a lack lusted performance yesterday.
No matter how bad the team was yesterday, not one person would have not paid to be there before the bounce if they could afford to/had the opportunity to. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Not impressed with seeing Pies supporters in our bays and the people that sold out their barcodes should be ashamed of themselves. Unfortunately, they pay their money to be SC members regardless of whether the team makes it or not so it is their right I suppose. Doesn't make it any easier to swallow though. :evil:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Winmarvellous
Club Player

I'm not really upset with the ppl leaving per se, but rather the manner in which a lot of them left. I should've been more specific, but had had a few last night. Bagging the players on the way out isn't the way to go. And I stand by that. And I was there for both weeks, so don't bring that tripe up.

1965 Saint
Club Player

I stayed to the bitter end, simply so I could dish it up to that old grey haired prick Malthouse when he was doing his speech the man is a total flog and hypocrite). Upset a few people around me (mainly pie ferals) but I didnt care. (also managed to walk out unscathed - a case of this guy is either stupid or knows how to look after himself and he doesnt look stupid - works every time). I hate the man and can't understand why all the rage about his disgraceful behaviour from round 3 seems to have abated on here.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

My final post until the Fixture comes out (anyone here who knows me knows how much i love fixture release day).

I don't begrudge anyone who left early on Satyurday at all.

That was painful. But, and I'm not sure if it was becasue I had virtually a half of footy to get over it, I actually did look up at the Collingwood supporters around me and smile when they were celebrating, just for a moment I related to them - for a proud team like Collingwood, going twenty years without a premiership is a long time - immediately after that thought I realised we had gone fortyy-four years and that was much longer. My sympathy ended at that point.

The fact is all day during the Collingwood chant, the f*ckers in bay q32 were sticking their fingers up at us, laughing at us and rubbing it in. Disgusting performance from a vast majority of black and white pricks.

Butr after they had played the song for the SIXTH time in a row (and they were to play it twice more), I overheard one of the supporters behind me saying "I still can't believe it." I walked over to him and asked him, (probably sounding a little overcome with emotion myself) "What does it feel like?" and his reply was just simply emotion filled itself as he looked at me genuinely and said "I can't describe it. You need to feel it for yourself and I hope you do get to experience it"

It made me realise for every smarmy little prick of a Collingwood supporter we've got out there, there are some good decent blokes like this one - they are the ones who deserve to see their team win a premiership.

Anyway, football is taking a back seat in my life for the next couple of years, because I have something much more important happening in December this year that's going to change my life.

Take care fellow Sainters, never stop believing. This magical day will come for us, whether it is as early as next year or whether it takes another five ten or more years. It will happen. We will get to see our team prevail.

GO SAINTERS!

EDIT - HEY SAINTSATIONAL!!!! If you're going to have a swear filter, why not bloody have it work?!!!?!!?!!?!!!? :idea:
Last edited by OneEyedSainter77 on Mon 04 Oct 2010 4:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdelaideSainter
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
But I stayed till our boys left the field.

If they could do it, so could I.
Ditto, as per last year. Stayed until a few seconds before the presentation of the cup. Then I knew it was time to go. Heard the roar as I left the gates. Makes you want it even more next time.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Winmarvellous wrote:I intend to do just that joffaboy. And if they can leave while the boys are still playing and bag the players on their way out I've got every right to bag them back. Cabbage. And don't take the moral high ground on internet posting and self-esteem mate.
He's free to do what he wants. I hear you're going back to WA. Good riddance.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
Calais wrote:Strength through Loyalty - If the players I follow and support have to stay and go through it then so will I. I can only imagine the mayhem caused if A saints player lost his sh!t and walked off the ground half way through the last quarter, but it wouldn't happen as its their job to perform, as it is our job to SUPPORT!

I stayed, through it all, to the final end. Did it hurt? It absolutely destroyed me but did you guys see BJ's face after the game? Imagine how he felt! Nothing we feel can compare. The presentation hurt, but when we finally win the holy grail it'll be that much sweeter as we will remember the feeling of the opposition getting medals and our boys sitting in despair

..My two cents :wink:
You flowing hero...

The players get PAID to perform and play the game and NOT walk out.

The fans PAY to see a performance and pay a decent some of money.

It is a fans choice whether they choose to stay or go and it is not an option for the players to do like wise.

Why don't you apply to the AFL for a special medal to be struck to the supporters that stayed :?: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Or maybe just get it tattooed on your forehead :idea:

FFS get a grip, it is an option that a fan have and not a player.

I had a similar disagreement when my family left with about 5 mins to go during the twilight game on the Monday against Carlton.

My point is still valid.
Well put. What a laughable thing for Calais to say. Did they just come down in the last shower?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:No St.Kilda member deserved that effort.

I wouldn't hold it against anyone who bailed before stumps.

This club asks a lot of its members and to be honest, we are often left wanting. For example, I never received my daughters membership pack this year.... Nice one. No explanation..."its in the mail".

Not to mention on field.

Or even all the off field crap, that I continually find myself defending. Time after time. I think that annoys me the most. I f****** hate defending moronic footballers.

So with all that in mind, you front up with the hope they are going to win a premiership finally, and you have that performance rammed down your throat.

Then someone bitches at you for leaving early? Go flog yourself.

And then we all rock up again next year....and do it all over again.

Maybe.
Well put.

mordi
Club Player

my 2 cents.......

I give a lot of time and money (for me) to support this team I love. This allows my kids to do likewise. Have suffered many lows and a few highs...

Once upon a time I would never leave a game...this was in the dark years. I also would miss key events of friends and relatives to see meaningless games.

Now have more perspective......

Sitting in M50 Row W, with rows and rows of Pies supporters right behind us (how did that happen?), we put up with it until about 20 minute mark of 4th qtr. Game was over...didnt see any point in suffering any more.

Footy is my religion.....but it is not some "hair-shirt" thing, where if I suffer it gets better......

What's the Point of it All?
saint64
Club Player

mordi wrote:my 2 cents.......

I give a lot of time and money (for me) to support this team I love. This allows my kids to do likewise. Have suffered many lows and a few highs...

Once upon a time I would never leave a game...this was in the dark years. I also would miss key events of friends and relatives to see meaningless games.

Now have more perspective......

Sitting in M50 Row W, with rows and rows of Pies supporters right behind us (how did that happen?), we put up with it until about 20 minute mark of 4th qtr. Game was over...didnt see any point in suffering any more.

Footy is my religion.....but it is not some "hair-shirt" thing, where if I suffer it gets better......
+1

markp
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
bigred wrote:No St.Kilda member deserved that effort.

I wouldn't hold it against anyone who bailed before stumps.

This club asks a lot of its members and to be honest, we are often left wanting. For example, I never received my daughters membership pack this year.... Nice one. No explanation..."its in the mail".

Not to mention on field.

Or even all the off field crap, that I continually find myself defending. Time after time. I think that annoys me the most. I f****** hate defending moronic footballers.

So with all that in mind, you front up with the hope they are going to win a premiership finally, and you have that performance rammed down your throat.

Then someone bitches at you for leaving early? Go flog yourself.

And then we all rock up again next year....and do it all over again.

Maybe.
Well put.

No... apparently you had to stay until Roo made his speech, just so other (tougher, harder, more heroic) members didn't have to sit near filth fans (and thus get scared or annoyed by them) as the attendants had all gone... and because the poor players, who couldn't kick more than 1 goal between them in the entire first half, needed to feel loved, on top of the enormous remuneration they received for their 'performance'.

The level of nuffidom required to come to anything like that sort of conclusion is as astounding as it is hilarious.

JacksonsGirl
Club Player

Look no one should accept the loss yesterday but no-one should walk away in 2010 angry with the club.

They had a dip, all year they had a massive dip against adversity and yes the end result was failure.

So no-one accept losing a Grand Final, but the boys were stuffed.

2 minutes in just watch them chasing on the wing, they were dead set spent.

Missed their chance a week earlier, and we will forever rue that. with 6 minutes to go we had them...just needed one more score.

We missed the boat, they dodged a bullet and we were gone. Absolutely 100% gone.

So for those calling the effort insipid show a bit of perspective.

It's crap to lose, and we have missed a flag we probably should have won, but what happened Saturday is not a true reflection of how brave the side has been this year.

As for leaving early, everyone mourns a loss in different ways. Most don't want to picture those bastards celebrating a premiership, and most don't want to break their own hearts in two by watching the dream dissapear.

So they left, that's fair enough too! No-one can pass judgement on that.

We are all hurting after that game, we are all shattered at the opportunity missed.

Be dissapointed, be frustrated, be jealous, but don't put the club down. They had a fair dinkum dip and weren't good enough. That sucks, but it's true.

saintnick12
Club Player

JacksonsGirl wrote:Look no one should accept the loss yesterday but no-one should walk away in 2010 angry with the club.

They had a dip, all year they had a massive dip against adversity and yes the end result was failure.

So no-one accept losing a Grand Final, but the boys were stuffed.

2 minutes in just watch them chasing on the wing, they were dead set spent.

Missed their chance a week earlier, and we will forever rue that. with 6 minutes to go we had them...just needed one more score.

We missed the boat, they dodged a bullet and we were gone. Absolutely 100% gone.

So for those calling the effort insipid show a bit of perspective.

It's crap to lose, and we have missed a flag we probably should have won, but what happened Saturday is not a true reflection of how brave the side has been this year.

As for leaving early, everyone mourns a loss in different ways. Most don't want to picture those bastards celebrating a premiership, and most don't want to break their own hearts in two by watching the dream dissapear.

So they left, that's fair enough too! No-one can pass judgement on that.

We are all hurting after that game, we are all shattered at the opportunity missed.

Be dissapointed, be frustrated, be jealous, but don't put the club down. They had a fair dinkum dip and weren't good enough. That sucks, but it's true.
Very good post. Sums it up very well.

I think how well we actually did for the year, given where we were, has been lost somewhat following the bad GF loss. Agree they were spent.
Gave everything for GF 1 and did have the goods to back it up. Sad but true. So near, yet so far in week one...could have pinched, didnt and now everyone (especially the players) have to live with it. We have a great coach who very nearly got a clearly lesser side up on GF day. To have done so would have been a stroke of genius. He was this close to being a premiership coach. I still believe he will lead us to that elusive premiership. We have to believe, otherwise, what's the point.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Made a stupid commitment to myself after the R22 comeback in 2001 that I would never leave a game before the end.

I stuck it out. I like to see how the players respond. Most seemed pretty satisfied by their efforts.

Only Adam Schneider seemed gutted. He buried his head in the turf for a minute, inconsolable. He cared.

Thank f*** one of them hurt like I hurt.

The rest were discussing who was sorting out this Thursday's guest list at Eve. Pretty sure I could make out lip-read Jason Gram telling Robert Eddy that he'd sorted them out for this Friday at Boutique.
Last edited by evertonfc on Mon 04 Oct 2010 11:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Made a stupid commitment to myself after the R22 comeback in 2001 that I would never leave a game before the end.

I stuck it out. I like to see how the players respond. Most seemed pretty satisfied by their efforts.

Only Adam Schneider seemed gutted. He buried his head in the turf for a minute, inconsolable. He cared.

The rest were discussing who was sorting out this Thursday's guest list at Eve. Pretty sure I could make out lip-read Jason Gram telling Robert Eddy that he'd sorted them out for this Friday at Boutique.
I read in the media Goddard was taking it pretty hard after the game...

saintnick12
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Made a stupid commitment to myself after the R22 comeback in 2001 that I would never leave a game before the end.

The rest were discussing who was sorting out this Friday's guest list at Eve. Nice one, boys - don't worry, if you ever you need help getting into Boutique, I'll help you out.

:roll:
Pretty sure BJ was gutted. Put his head inside his jumper so no one could see him crying. McEvoy was crying too.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
JacksonsGirl
Club Player

evertonfc wrote: Made a stupid commitment to myself after the R22 comeback in 2001 that I would never leave a game before the end.

Goddard was in serious strife after the game. Inconsolable.

saintnick12
Club Player

JacksonsGirl wrote:

Goddard was in serious strife after the game. Inconsolable.
Yes, I heard that too. Crying on the ground we saw, but was inconsolable in the rooms apparently