Boycott Young and Jackson's!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Boycott Young and Jackson's!

I have had a drink with my brother at Young and Jackson's after almost every game in Melbourne for the past couple of years.
However in the last couple of month there appears to be new management...certainly new bouncers!

I have been refused entry the last four times. During the week my brother had spoken to management and had been assured that we would be able to drink in the after today's game. After he pointed this out at the door he was allowed in (it still took several minutes for them to do so). However I was refused entry...reason: I had been drinking. I think I had one, maybe two cups of beer at the game. I was actually smiling because I knew they were never going to let me in.

At this point I told them "Congratulations. You have just lost a lifelong customer!".....I don't think I will ever drink in there again and I urge all Saints supporters to join me in boycotting this once-great establishment .
until they change their management or change their attitude or both!
I have quite simply had enough.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

PS I would be interested to know if anyone here has ahd a similar experience.

All I'm saying Y and J's can't pretend to be 'the place where Melbourne meets' when they actively discriminate against football supporters.

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

You were wearing just a St Kilda scarf.
I saw the incident amnd remember your exact words. "Congratulations, you've just lost a lifelong customer" then you walked off ,,, turned around then made it back to the corner where maybe your wife/sister/gf berated the hell out of you for ,,in her words ,, carrying on like a 5 year old. Was that also your Mother with you ? . I wouldn't have let you in either as your body language was all wrong ,, like you said ,, you didn't expect them to let you in. When I saw the woman start to give it to you ,, I actually walked over to near where you were and watched but in the end you walked off and the women crossed the road.

Well done. I noted you didn't actually get angry or lose it at all.

What will be next from this club ?
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Thank you Vietnam saint. First person to write any words of support.

Winmar
Club Player

I haven't been there since I noticed how expensive the beers were there a couple of years ago! Had you been drinking the previous 3 times you got knocked back?

Saint Pup
Club Player

Know a guy who is/was a manager there will find out what the deal is.

GET UP AND ABOUT SAINTERS!
Joeyjojo
Club Player

Re: Boycott Young and Jackson's!

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:I have had a drink with my brother at Young and Jackson's after almost every game in Melbourne for the past couple of years.
However in the last couple of month there appears to be new management...certainly new bouncers!

I have been refused entry the last four times. During the week my brother had spoken to management and had been assured that we would be able to drink in the after today's game. After he pointed this out at the door he was allowed in (it still took several minutes for them to do so). However I was refused entry...reason: I had been drinking. I think I had one, maybe two cups of beer at the game. I was actually smiling because I knew they were never going to let me in.

At this point I told them "Congratulations. You have just lost a lifelong customer!".....I don't think I will ever drink in there again and I urge all Saints supporters to join me in boycotting this once-great establishment .
until they change their management or change their attitude or both!
I have quite simply had enough.
Don
t blame Y and J blame the state government with our new Nanny RSA laws. This is th s*** society we live i nthese days. Can't wait to move countries.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I am amazed at how little support I have received. maybe in these corporate days you are afraid of offending sponsors? last time I looked Y and Js doesn't put one cent into STKFC.
Or maybe the "boys club" on this site is in disbelief that not everyone is part of their left wing groupthink and cannot bring themselves to communicate with me. They are more interested in scoring points off each other.

The guy who asked me if I'd been drinking...I already answered that. each time I'd had one or two cups of beer at the game. The first time I was refused entry I'd had a few drinks about 3 hours before the game, then nothing at the game and probably looked a bit tired.

I'll say it again. I've been discriminated against for being a Saints supporter and I an calling for a Saints ban on Young and Jackson's! If you can't support a Saint I'm very disappointed.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:PS I would be interested to know if anyone here has ahd a similar experience.

All I'm saying Y and J's can't pretend to be 'the place where Melbourne meets' when they actively discriminate against football supporters.
no...never had any trouble from them...had my first beer there on my eighteenth birthday in 1963...normally just walk in the door....

..but poor show by them

got refused entry last week by an establishment on sth bank though...said they were full...they weren't ..all the party.had saints gear on though...we went to the brassiere ...much better too....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

BOYCOTT THE B*ST*RDS!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:I am amazed at how little support I have received. maybe in these corporate days you are afraid of offending sponsors? last time I looked Y and Js doesn't put one cent into STKFC.
Or maybe the "boys club" on this site is in disbelief that not everyone is part of their left wing groupthink and cannot bring themselves to communicate with me. They are more interested in scoring points off each other.

I'll say it again. I've been discriminated against for being a Saints supporter and I an calling for a Saints ban on Young and Jackson's! If you can't support a Saint I'm very disappointed.
i will support you.....but there are some saints supporters ....judging from the comments on here about being invited to suck their balls...are more akin to filth supporters...and may well have disgraced themselves in that particular establisment in the past ..by offering their wobbly bits to other patrons to suck....just a suggestion.... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I've seen other Saints supporters refused entry.
Most of you guys are union sympathizers. How about truly supporting the proletariat?

I say slap a good, old-fashioned black ban on them!

sainta
Club Player

I'll support you. Does it matter that I don't really drink much anyway so don't visit pubs that often? lol

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

I have never gone there, and have very little intention to, but if you say so, then go i will not.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
wasoncestkil58
Club Player

I too was refused entry and I was well dressed (no colours) and had just arrived from Perth. I had 2 wines on the way over but that would have been 3 hours prior. I was told that I had too much to drink. Didn't say much other than that I said he was an ars......
My choice of words were limited as I was quite shocked. had always had a drink there when in Melbourne, not anymore.

AlpineStars
Club Player

I'm with you mate,

During GF 1 (the draw) I went there with about 7 mates we spent shitloads over the bar and bought lunch. We watched the game upstairs and 5 minutes after the siren the bouncers came through and said everyone in the bar had to go down stairs. When we got downstairs we were all hearded out onto Swanston st and told we wern't allowed back in.

It was absolute crap.

Wake me up when September ends.
Winmar
Club Player

I Love Peter Kiel wrote: Or maybe the "boys club" on this site is in disbelief that not everyone is part of their left wing groupthink and cannot bring themselves to communicate with me. They are more interested in scoring points off each other.
What's being left wing got to do with it?
I Love Peter Kiel wrote: The guy who asked me if I'd been drinking...I already answered that. each time I'd had one or two cups of beer at the game. The first time I was refused entry I'd had a few drinks about 3 hours before the game, then nothing at the game and probably looked a bit tired.
Actually you only said you'd been drinking on that last occasion. I asked about the previous three times.

I've been avoiding that pub for the last few years anyway.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

What's that got to do with it.....
You've obviously never read some of the bully boys on this forum!

Cowboy Neale For PM

Boycott supported

I was with "I Love Peter Kiel" and his brother on both occasions. They were very hard done by. A black t-shirt and a numbered badge does create a God-like sense of power. Pubs are for people who actually like a drink, ironically.

Life is like a joint: the harder you suck the higher you get.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

AlpineStars wrote:I'm with you mate,

During GF 1 (the draw) I went there with about 7 mates we spent shitloads over the bar and bought lunch. We watched the game upstairs and 5 minutes after the siren the bouncers came through and said everyone in the bar had to go down stairs. When we got downstairs we were all hearded out onto Swanston st and told we wern't allowed back in.

It was absolute crap.
Ok, I'm in on it also.

But I've only had a drink at Y&J's about twice in my life!

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

AlpineStars wrote:I'm with you mate,

It was absolute crap.
That is a joke, absolute garbage by Y&Js. Never had a problem there but haven't been there that often. There are alot better pubs & bars to have a beer in IMO...won't miss it!

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Thank you Vietnam saint. First person to write any words of support.
I wasn't offering my support. I was initially concerned for your female friend ,, however as I said you hadn't raised your voice and "gone off" so I thought you were just upset and she looked like she had you under control.
Funnily enough ,, I had had several beverages and was let in ,, yet the previous week with only one under my belt i was refused ,,, luck of the draw these days i suspect

What will be next from this club ?
karnak
Club Player

what shoes were you wearing? so far as I can tell the bouncers in Australia make all of their decisions based off the shoes clients are wearing.

Now don't get me wrong, bouncers are usually c...s but you have to take some responsibility. I'd get a new pair of shoes and make sure you don't look smashed after 2 beers.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

You know what puzzles me about all of this, I am not questioning how many drinks you have had either because I believe you 110%.

If you have only had a couple, one saying a couple of 3 hours, how the hell would they know you have been drinking?
(Laughs) unless you were about to kiss the bouncer and he could smell it on your breath. It's not like you would have even been tipsy to suggest you had been drinking and if you had been drinking a fair bit you would smell like a brewery. Its crazy that they would refuse you entry. I really just don't get it, its totally mind boggling.

In saying that I myself have never been in there and I never will after reading that.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

VietNam_Saint wrote:You were wearing just a St Kilda scarf.
I wouldn't let him in if he was wearing just a scarf.

Furtius Quo Rdelious