Completed Trades

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

ausfatcat wrote:amazing people want us to look at a player that struggled to get a game for the club that finished last on the ladder............
he gave us the run around this year if I remember right
pretty handy forward player who can kick goals, and at that price very cheap
as for your arguement the Saints surprisingly went for Pattison, and we had four rucks on our books at the time (five if you want to count Kosi)

Seeya
LondonSaint
Club Player

A little disappointed with our lack of trading to be honest.

David Hale (maybe we didn't need him) for a late first rounder
Nathan D (3 rounder)
Ben Mckinley (5 round)
sam Shelden (2nd round)

Our team will be significantly improved with the above. They'll Replace
Gardiner (one more year the most)
Eddy ( adds nothing, unless if you count fumbling and falling over)
Mcqualter (no goal kicking side)
Dempster

We are automatically a 3 goal better team I think with the new players. And will be planning for the future. Add Stevens, Armitage, Heynes, Lynch, Cahill, Simpkins, Stanley, Miles. We will be younger, faster and more attacking.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

LondonSaint wrote:A little disappointed with our lack of trading to be honest.

Nathan D (3 rounder)
Ben Mckinley (5 round)
sam Shelden (2nd round)

Dempster

We are automatically a 3 goal better team I think with the new players. And will be planning for the future. Add Stevens, Armitage, Heynes, Lynch, Cahill, Simpkins, Stanley, Miles. We will be younger, faster and more attacking.
thats our new promo song

"fumbling and falling over" [insert guitar riff here] SAINTS FOOTY!!!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

LondonSaint wrote:A little disappointed with our lack of trading to be honest.

Nathan D (3 rounder)
Ben Mckinley (5 round)
sam Shelden (2nd round)

Dempster

Really I would have thought those top four players would behind the pecking order of the bottom four you named. Let alone a 3 goal a game better team, and who says we are out of the race for Sheldon ?

Hale (has played as a forward for a number of years now and had about the same out put as Kosi has this year)

Djerk (really unknown apart from is fast, no idea on disposal second efforts ball winning ability)

Ben McKinley a forward pocket in the team that finished last and can't hold down his spot weak second efforts

Sam Sheldon fast good hands, poor kick and injury prone

It would be ok to take a punt on one of them and hope they come good but to seriously suggest we should have got all of them.......... Think on it.

LondonSaint
Club Player

1. David Hale is 26, close to all Australian ruck man, better than a 31 yo injury prone gardiner

2. Nathan D, was touted similar to Young Rioli. Great pressure and foot skills. A big upgrade to Eddy.

3. McKinley averaged 2 goals a game in a s*** side. How many goals did Mcqualter kick again this year?

We have a forward line with 3 forwards and 2 defenders essentially, eddy, mcqualter, kosi is just a small ruck man trying to play forward. we need natural forwards who can tackle as well, not just players who can only tackle. No wonder we struggle to score 10 goals most of the time. By the way I will take Rioli in a heart beat.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

LondonSaint wrote:1. David Hale is 26, close to all Australian ruck man, better than a 31 yo injury prone gardiner lol when?
2. Nathan D, was touted similar to Young Rioli. Great pressure and foot skills. A big upgrade to Eddy. He is a unkown no matter what he was like as a junior and is far far from Cyril Rioli

3. McKinley averaged 2 goals a game in a s*** side. How many goals did Mcqualter kick again this year? McAulter is there to creat turnovers and his finish in the B and F say the coaches think he plays his role again McKinley can't hold his spot in the bottom side what makes you think he would be a decent contribution to us?

We have a forward line with 3 forwards and 2 defenders essentially, eddy, mcqualter, kosi is just a small ruck man trying to play forward. we need natural forwards who can tackle as well, not just players who can only tackle. No wonder we struggle to score 10 goals most of the time. By the way I will take Rioli in a heart beat.

Of course you would take Rioli in a heartbeat everone would but Djerk isn't a clone of Rioli

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nathan D, just can't work out why Geelong has offloaded him given they lack led speed as much as we do.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Nathan D, just can't work out why Geelong has offloaded him given they lack led speed as much as we do.
Maybe they know something that we dont...

Saintersss
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
SainterK wrote:Nathan D, just can't work out why Geelong has offloaded him given they lack led speed as much as we do.
Maybe they know something that we dont...
He is one of the most overated players going round this trade week. All I hear is that he can't make the side because its 'Geelong', yet somehow Hunt, Menzel, Duncan, Hogan etc. (Who all play similar positions) have played more games than him, despite not being on the list for as long.
First off, he is fairly injury prone, and second apart from his tackling and his decent speed, he is pretty poor in other areas. His skills are average or even worse and he really struggles to find the ball. He is a superb tackler though.

As for the other players, Hale, while a decent player is not someone we should go after with our first round pick. And as for Mckinley, while a fairly decent young player, he can only play as a Full Forward, but he is too short too play it at 184cm. (He is similar to Aaron Edwards from the Kangaroos.) He is also a very lazy footballer who applies no defensive pressure. In saying all that, the Roos have still probably got good value out of the trade and is possibly one we should have looked into, but it is not a disater that we didn't.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Anyone hear the rumour on the radio that we may be interested in Ryan Gamble? Can't say I know much about him. Thoughts anyone?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
LennyBoy
Club Player

Coming out of Port Adlelaide. Daniel Motlop to St Kilda in a last minute three way trade involving a draft picks to Carlton and Andrew Walker to Port Adelaide. :shock:

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

LennyBoy wrote:Coming out of Port Adlelaide. Daniel Motlop to St Kilda in a last minute three way trade involving a draft picks to Carlton and Andrew Walker to Port Adelaide. :shock:
Crap! If true, he had better pull his finger out and lift his work rate. His efforts on and off the field last year were shocking!!! Great potential, but is he too lazy to really this potential..??

Fortius Quo Fidelius
LennyBoy
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
LennyBoy wrote:Coming out of Port Adlelaide. Daniel Motlop to St Kilda in a last minute three way trade involving a draft picks to Carlton and Andrew Walker to Port Adelaide. :shock:
Crap! If true, he had better pull his finger out and lift his work rate. His efforts on and off the field last year were shocking!!! Great potential, but is he too lazy to really this potential..??
He is a dud, and just slack full stop. Amazing skills true but I can't see this deal going through. Another list clogger just what we need. :roll:

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

LennyBoy wrote:He is a dud, and just slack full stop. Amazing skills true but I can't see this deal going through. Another list clogger just what we need. :roll:

Always depends on the cost

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

IMHO we should attempt to trade Kosi and our first rounder for Walker!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

ausfatcat wrote:
LennyBoy wrote:He is a dud, and just slack full stop. Amazing skills true but I can't see this deal going through. Another list clogger just what we need. :roll:

Always depends on the cost
Won't be cheap. Port Adelaide are desperate to get something reasonable for him and to do it quickly as they want to get Walker from Carlton I believe. Motlop is holding them up from completing a few trades. Should be interesting to see what happens by the end of today/tomorrow.
Last edited by saint75 on Sun 10 Oct 2010 1:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Motlop and Milne in a forward line together.

On any given day could produce anywhere between 0 and 15 goals, lay 0 and 10 tackles, and give away 0 and 8 free kicks.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Sherman to Bulldogs..

they are building......... but can the rest of the team hold up?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintSimmo
Club Player

saint75 wrote:Anyone hear the rumour on the radio that we may be interested in Ryan Gamble? Can't say I know much about him. Thoughts anyone?
I hope thats true, would fit in well in our forward line, has lots of potential.

Sainter for life.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:
saint75 wrote:Anyone hear the rumour on the radio that we may be interested in Ryan Gamble? Can't say I know much about him. Thoughts anyone?
I hope thats true, would fit in well in our forward line, has lots of potential.
I dont think so. A very ordinary footballer. Got plenty of them.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Sherman to Bulldogs..

they are building......... but can the rest of the team hold up?
A really good player who the Saints could have done with. He can be inconsistent though

Another opportunity awaits!
SaintSimmo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:
I dont think so. A very ordinary footballer. Got plenty of them.
I havent see alot of him but what I have seen he is better than alot who are currently in the 22.

Another tweet I just noticed:
InsiderAFL: Rumours still circulate that a big big deal is in the wings on Monday for a Victorian Club. :shock:

Who and What could it be??

Sainter for life.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

think he'd be an upgrade on mini

SaintSimmo
Club Player

I reckon, Walker to Port, Motlop to St.Kilda, R.Clarke to Blues.. Maybe a draft pick or two in there as well.

Sainter for life.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:think he'd be an upgrade on mini
How did he go this year at Geelong?