It worries me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Middo wrote:Smelling a TROLL ...... :wink:
5 Posts and a nice pic !!!!!!
BangersBack
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/sear ... angersBack

Post 1
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=66615

Plagiarises another member's post.

Post 2

Apologises and claims not to be familiar with message boards.

Post 3
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=67189

Starts a new thread linking to magpies.net

Post 4

Denies trolling. Asks "How could any pie hater not know about that board"! Refer post 2! Excuse me?

Post 5

More black and white filth as above.

Conclusion 1
Saints supporter, not terribly bright, unhealthy Collingwood fixation.

Conclusion 2
Troll.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The OP is not the only one that's contributed to this thread either...

For those enjoying this particular thread, hope you enjoy this read.

Why do trolls do it?

It's believed that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
SainterK wrote:
PeckettofChips wrote:I think Collingwood start two weeks early and then have two weeks more off at XMAS.

No need to panic just yet.

Also there is rumour doing the rounds that Nick's sister was seriously ill on GF2 eve hence his lack lustre performance in the replay.

ANyone heard it or got any info on it?

We have had Nicky and Stewie, Ross this year and now maybe Nick with family issues.

Why always us?
To many Saints supporters look for excuses....reality is, Collingwood were much better GF2.

I'd much rather (and I am confident it's the case) that solutions to our weaknesses are being worked on in the off season, rather than continuously looking to excuse.

No offence POC, but the 'why us' attitude won't help this team get any stronger.
Did the club make excuses or just the fans?

I believe that management including the President and board have placed too much faith in RL. It could come back to bite us if it hasn't already.
Hmmm placing faith in the coach...terrible thing.
Blind faith is without the necessary checks and balances. It's not a good way to run an organisation.
Question for you. Who should we have faith in?
That's up to you.

I'd like to know that the board and the CEO are taking a keen interest in the football department. I'm not saying that the're not but it should be perfectly normal for me to expect that they have an oversight role of both the coach and the footy department. As a fully paid up member, I'd expect that to be the case. I have heard the President say that he stays away from football matters. I'm not saying I want a loud mouthed president like Jeff, but frankly that line is simply not good enough. For example, it would be nice to know if the club did a review of the Lovett and Ball debacles. It's called due dilligence and corporate governance. All I am saying is that I hope they do these things as I do not have a clue.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
St Lenny
Club Player

1965 Saint wrote:Can't you dips...s see that St Lenny is a troll of the first order. Collingwood filth - the stench is seeping from my pc and I'm 3000 km away in Perth!!
I would like to know what I wrote that was so pro Collingwood. And don't PM me swearing and abusing me again.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:
1965 Saint wrote:Can't you dips...s see that St Lenny is a troll of the first order. Collingwood filth - the stench is seeping from my pc and I'm 3000 km away in Perth!!
I would like to know what I wrote that was so pro Collingwood. And don't PM me swearing and abusing me again.
they must be scared. Imagine if Jolly or Swan or both went down. They would be stuffed.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:its a fair point.....but its not pro stkilda so it is not welcome here.....only rose coloured glasses allowed.

Just like saying the Luke Ball decision will come back to haunt us....it was not well recieved, he was hopeless, Armo would be better, Lovett was worth the risk, blah, blah.....thing was it did bite us...in the biggest way, and not a bit of pie was eaten.....

Collingwood have passed us in two years and are getting further ahead...why?

Better recruiting, better training, better Gameplan...

we have not addressed at least one of those, as this OP points out, I am suggesting the other aswell....game plan was on display in the GF
This is such a poor post.

Ball decision? You talking about his decision to quit the club.. twice? Or the clubs decision to offer him a three year contract?

Lovett was worth the risk. Maybe you havnt watched him play to know otherwise?

Maybe if we had the marketability & turnover of Collingwood we would have better recuiting and better training... But until we find another 15,000 supporters that all buy memberships and merchandise and poor money into the club - There probably will always be a gap.

1965 Saint
Club Player

Re: It worries me

St Lenny wrote:I know I will get shot down, BUT, it bothers me that Collingwood are over in Arizona training their buts off, yes the whole team, while we are still on holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F... off St Lenny (or is it Victory Park???). For anyone who wants to see what that means just have a look at trash site http://nick.magpies.net/bb/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=75

asiu
Saintsational Legend

wow.

another thread of collingwood trolls participating in jerk circle work .

oh well , all the young boys do it , they'll wake up when their palms are bored ,
or they run out of sao's.

although these young bucks will probably stick with it
.... way past when blindness first sets in.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I couldn't imagine even pretending to be another team supporter, I am St Kilda to the core.

Surprised their love for Collingwood wasn't strong enough to prevent them saying 'us' and 'we' in regards to St Kilda.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:The OP is not the only one that's contributed to this thread either...

For those enjoying this particular thread, hope you enjoy this read.

Why do trolls do it?

It's believed that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).

i found the read very interesting....we obviously have more than just the odd one or two on here judging by your description.......i agree with the summing up of a troll's personality traits also......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Lenny
Club Player

Well I'm no troll, just because you get accussed doesn't mean you are. Its beyond me why people even bother to look at other teams sites., let alone pretend to barrack for them, there is no point to it.

And I still fail to see what I said that made someone think I was. Just because I have some concerns and don't have rose coloured glasses on doesn't make me a troll.