Looking forward to the footy more than ever..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_4_life
Club Player

Looking forward to the footy more than ever..

Whilst im a little bemused when I hear some saints supporters say that they are considering not buying memberships or attending games this year, I can understand where they are coming from. Its definately been another trying offseason.

However, I am completely the opposite. Everyday when I pick up the paper or turn on SEN I grow angrier and angrier about the conceited effort by almost every journo and opposition supporter to pot our club. Rumors, innuendo, something they heard from the bloke down the street's distant cousin who lives in uzbekistan, it doesnt matter as long as its a chance to have a dig. Hearing Roo's speech at the AGM has got me hanging to get to a game (even if it is only NAB cup). I am looking forward to hearing opposition fans shout all sorts of things over the fence, because, when we kick a goal and the saints army erupts, or after the game when we are leaving the stadium after a win, ill be proud to look said oppostion fans in the eye and laugh off the vitreol. It will be much, much sweeter. In Roo's words......We are St Kilda....be proud to be a St Kilda person.

Two weeks to go...bring it on !

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I will stand our reputation on the shoulders of the man who died this week ahead of any tabloid sub-editor's penchant for the controversial.

As I've said elsewhere, I'd take the whole playing list to Tassie for Doc's funeral in a heartbeat.

To do so would introduce every one of them to the concept of respect in ways they have never known. A very worthwhile experience for all of them.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021