The Roar 10 Mar - "She lied, breached privacy and stole

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

oneteam
Club Player

The Roar 10 Mar - "She lied, breached privacy and stole

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/03/10/th ... -kilda-sex

Sunday night’s expose saw Kim Duthie tell her side of the story, and in it she revealed to the world that she was, cue gasp, a liar.

Journalist Liz Hayes did her best impersonation of a nodding dog during the interview; her head wobbling as she attempting to keep a serious face while Duthie took us through her motivations.

But for all the gravitas journo Hayes could muster, you couldn’t help but think about what a joke this whole story was.

60 Minutes rolled into A Current Affair territory as it delved into the salacious ins and outs of the schoolgirl’s accusations.

In the wash up, as she told us herself, all of Duthie’s claims, except the fact that the stupidly egocentric Ricky Nixon had slept with her and plied her with drugs and alcohol, proved to be lies.

At this point, Nixon has not told his side of the story but given the situation he is in, and I’m not sure that he ever will.

We will be left to view him as a silly old man, who thought he could outwit a teenager and failed.

Maybe absence will make the heart grow fonder and the reprobate Nixon may return and he and Duthie will be reunited in a New Weekly wedding extravaganza, at which Roberta Williams, in her new career as marriage celebrant, will perform the nuptials.

Now that’s a story!

For months now 17-year-old Duthie has strung along the football world and its associated media circus, convincing people that she had a story to tell.

At no point has she been made accountable for the harmful lies that are, ultimately, the only things she has given birth to in this whole sordid tale.

She lied, breached privacy and stole property from St Kilda footballer Sam Gilbert’s computer, ruining reputations in her wake with little or no remorse.

But all that was okay because she was a teenager taking control of her life and getting back at a massive corporate powerbroker, an organisation which provides more media accreditations than Parliament House.

While footballers were castigated and lampooned for their buffoonery, this young lady was lauded as a new feminist icon.

Now, any young ladies who have concerns about the way they have been treated by a footballer will have to travel in the long shadow cast by Duthie.

Far from being a role model for women, she has made life tougher for them.

philtee
Club Player

Ditto to that.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Pity it's not in something for all to read

Bring back the Lockett era
Quixote
SS Life Member

If Big Brother didn't get axed she'd be a celebrity intruder.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for not putting this in one of the 10,000 other threads on her

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

perfectly put

this should be the last thread on her

my god Ricky, how you have fallen, you and Charlie Sheen

stinger
Saintsational Legend

nixon is a fool.....more than a month ago he told a friend of his that she was the most cunning individual that he had ever met.....and the f*** wit still got caught in her honey trap.....no sympathy from me......or for sheen either......both fools who have wrecked their lives and brought shame to their families..... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

charlie sheen is on fire at the moment

talk about going out the hard way

bozza1980
Club Player

Finally a fair and reasoned take on the whole sorry saga.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of society we live in when publishing embarrasing photos, obtained illegally of friends of your former partner, were seen to be the actions of a feminist warrior.

Ridiculous.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:Finally a fair and reasoned take on the whole sorry saga.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of society we live in when publishing embarrasing photos, obtained illegally of friends of your former partner, were seen to be the actions of a feminist warrior.

Ridiculous.
She was never a feminist and never will be.
She is a sl*t and always will be.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

She lied, she stole, she breached privacy. Still, there goes the best damned employee a convenience store ever had.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Maybe her next conquest will take compromising photos of HER and put them on the net...

that would be classic...... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
taz
Club Player

In my view Gilbert, the Saints, the AFL and indeed the wider football fraternity should thank 60 minutes for assisting to bring this whole saga to an end. But for the the 60 min story DH, CW and other like minded hacks would have still been pumping this up for all its worth

I say..... Thank you Liz...Thank you 60 Minutes now lets move on...

Notwithstanding, I suspect "that girl" is currently planning her next attention seeking enterprise. I do not believe her claim for one second that she wants to remove herself from the limelight. I strongly suspect she will be back on the scene as soon as she can with her band of opportunist hacks trying to re-spin the tripe and the banging the drum behind her to stir up trouble and draw attention to themselves ..........

Raven
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:She lied, she stole, she breached privacy. Still, there goes the best damned employee a convenience store ever had.
:lol: :lol: