Robert Frigging Walls

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DJKCR
Club Player

Robert Frigging Walls

Why at the start of the match when Zac dished out the tummy punch did he carry on saying that it is something that he needs to cut out of his game and it is stupid. Fast forward to Tippet doing it to Fisher and he says, there is bugger all in that. It's just like the Barry Hall punch all over again, didn't he say that Matt was staging at the time??? :evil:

"I don't roll on Shabbas" Walter Sobchak
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Who cares what they say, they cant really say anything positive about us atm.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I got that he hates us again too. Said it was a win to Adelaide punching Fisher? He is an idiot.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Robert Walls is a blithering idiot and Tim Lane hates the Saints. So I always turn the sound down when watching 10

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
BallBanger
Club Player

thank god this is the last yr of the carlton social club appropriately called channel 10

saintbob
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:Robert Walls is a blithering idiot and Tim Lane hates the Saints. So I always turn the sound down when watching 10
Absolutely agree, but the scary thing is that the "blithering idiot" was on the panel that gave RL the coaching job.
Although I actually think he now hates RL going by his comments.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Robert Walls is a blithering idiot and Tim Lane hates the Saints. So I always turn the sound down when watching 10
yep...couple of f*** wits.......i'm told that both will be out of a job next year...along with that little deformed prick hudson......good job imhfo....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Robert Frigging Walls

DJKCR wrote:Why at the start of the match when Zac dished out the tummy punch did he carry on saying that it is something that he needs to cut out of his game and it is stupid. Fast forward to Tippet doing it to Fisher and he says, there is bugger all in that. It's just like the Barry Hall punch all over again, didn't he say that Matt was staging at the time??? :evil:
That was Rutten who did it to Fisher !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Didn't mind Bruce's call at the start of the 3rd either "Are we seeing the end of an era"...25 minutes later, 3 points down! Pretty quick, aren't they?

wallbanger
Club Player

It was Tippett....not Rutten, unless you are talking about a different incident. 150m behind the play, in Adelaides forwadline? Rutten down the other end of the ground.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

That dick head Walls said we didn't have any backline players with skills as Fisher marks constantly and clears. He gets one pointless comment and says it over and over like it is somehow insightful. He is the most negative comments man in history, they banned Newman for being negative but let Walls be like a wet blanket over every game he comments on?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

apparently there was four incidents that will get looked at
all crows players

we listening to roo and some other clowns
not sure who

roo was not bias at all
called the soft frees soft and said it like it was
was surprised

walls is a flog
so contradictory

and lane?
crikey as exciting and as accurate as a commentator as a cardboard box

wallbanger
Club Player

Probably five incidents to be looked at.

1. Zac's gut punch on Knights. Looking at a week - ordinary record?

2. Tippetts gut punch of Fisher. Looking at a week, possibly downgraded with early plea?

3. Jacobs hit on Gram - elbow slid off shoulder into head. Should've been a free kick, unsure if a report.

4. Tambling forearm to back of Schneiders head. One week, maybe two.

5. Johncock/Roo collision. Appeared accidental, but definitely a shoulder turn from Johncock prior to contact. Interesting to see how it pans out.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:It was Tippett....not Rutten, unless you are talking about a different incident. 150m behind the play, in Adelaides forwadline? Rutten down the other end of the ground.
OK My bad !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Re: Robert Frigging Walls

DJKCR wrote:Why at the start of the match when Zac dished out the tummy punch did he carry on saying that it is something that he needs to cut out of his game and it is stupid. Fast forward to Tippet doing it to Fisher and he says, there is bugger all in that. It's just like the Barry Hall punch all over again, didn't he say that Matt was staging at the time??? :evil:
I laughed!

I thought to myself 'someone really needs to walk up behind Walls whilst he's filling up his car at the servo or something and give him a short right to the liver and see how he goes'.

He paid out on Goose for jibbing it back in 05, and he did again with Fisher!

wallbanger
Club Player

Yep. Disgraceful call. "Wasn't much in that" he said I think, as Fish was crouched down on the ground either winded or in pain, 150m off the ball.

What a joke.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Jacobs will go, ordinary attempt at a bump, it is his responsibility to avoid head high contact. He should know that when he bumped it was likely to make contact, he is tall and would have known in all likely hood that it would make high contact, if unsure you don't bump. Bad umpiring decision not to give a free.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

wallbanger wrote:Probably five incidents to be looked at.

1. Zac's gut punch on Knights. Looking at a week - ordinary record?

2. Tippetts gut punch of Fisher. Looking at a week, possibly downgraded with early plea?

3. Jacobs hit on Gram - elbow slid off shoulder into head. Should've been a free kick, unsure if a report.

4. Tambling forearm to back of Schneiders head. One week, maybe two.

5. Johncock/Roo collision. Appeared accidental, but definitely a shoulder turn from Johncock prior to contact. Interesting to see how it pans out.
Riciutto was a champion player and is a champion commentator.

Massive respect for him.

Listened to his commentary and was incredibly impartial. When disgraceful frees were given to the crows he made it very clear it was disgraceful. No bias at all, very refreshing to listen to.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Robert Walls also said that there were too many players in our defence who cant kick, and too many who wont take responsibility for trying to play attacking football, instead just content to kick sideways and backward

Cant argue with any of that Im afraid

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Robert Walls also said that there were too many players in our defence who cant kick, and too many who wont take responsibility for trying to play attacking football, instead just content to kick sideways and backward

Cant argue with any of that Im afraid
I'd argue to a point.

I don't neccessarily think they're content to kick sideways and backwards. I think that's been a coaching directive for some time now for certain players to only kick sideways and backwards.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Most insightful point of the commentary was when the commnentaqtors where talking up our chances as we were behind - here comes the Saints, still a chance etc etc -

typical commentator tool for trying to inject excitement in the game. Haven't heard that about St.Kilda for about three years because we have been the dominant team (which most posters here complained about).

Show that the shoe is now on the other foot unfortunately :(

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Walls would be one of most negative people I've ever heard - most of those so called 'special comments men' are..... And some of the callers as well.
They would rather tell you why a team is losing - and what they're doing wrong - than why the opposition is winning, and doing well. That's why I hardly ever listen to radio commentary, and quite often turn the TV volume off

Mercifully there was no Tim Lane last night, Hudson and Christian are way better IMO

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Most insightful point of the commentary was when the commnentaqtors where talking up our chances as we were behind - here comes the Saints, still a chance etc etc -

typical commentator tool for trying to inject excitement in the game. Haven't heard that about St.Kilda for about three years because we have been the dominant team (which most posters here complained about).

Show that the shoe is now on the other foot unfortunately :(
Good point

Would have been 10 times worse if the Crows were mounting a comeback against us though I think, Crowd would have been roaring and taking the commentators right along with them

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Lenny
Club Player

The media drive me insane. When ever you listen to the commentary, they ALWAYS appear to want the other team to win. Why are we so hated.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

channel 10 are a blight (pardon pun) on the game. since having broadcasting rights they have provoked nothing but countless reactions of reaching for the mute button on the tv remote control.

i sincerely hope the likes of walls, hudson and lane are relegated back to radioland. not that radioland deserves to have them back onto a full-time roster over the airwaves. if anything, those three stooges should be made to do commentary for the deaf.
Last edited by Sainternist on Sun 01 May 2011 10:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!