Time to shed the pretty boy image

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:Gram wont ever stop the pretty boy image he was born an arrogant jock he always will be.
I'm amazed he's such a swaggerer. He's only barely an average performer. 2009 GF was a terrific game, but I mean stack up the current flaws. Kicks generally float. Rarely hits a target. Tackles like wilted spinach. Doesn't put his head over the ball. Can run, but isn't explosive. Hardly strong overhead. All that versus he every now and then flushes a long bomb from an easy receive.

Lucky to be in a Lyon 22 ATM IMO.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
miskycat
Club Player

Hey, I'm sure Riewoldt doesn't bleach his hair...the best hair in the AFL.

I say ban anyone with a sleeve tattoo.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
St Lenny wrote:Cant see the relevance in someone colouring their hair and how they play the game :?
a team of primadonnas, that's what i'm talking about.

players who spend too much time in front of the mirror think there's a letter "i" in the word "team".
I actually think the supporters are soft. What they did to their hair didn't matter the last two seasons. Does not change a thing. I am disgusted what people are saying. Sure is frustrating but get a grip, the sun still came up this morning. Oh, and remember Strength Through Loyalty, seems................................
yep, the sun still came up this morning, but some people woke up without their sense of humour :wink:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

miskycat wrote:Hey, I'm sure Riewoldt doesn't bleach his hair...the best hair in the AFL.

I say ban anyone with a sleeve tattoo.
At least make them wear a long sleeved jumper :wink:

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
miskycat wrote: I say ban anyone with a sleeve tattoo.
With a Jeff Dunne haircut and beard to match #8

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

I think that's one of the guys from ABBA.

Molly must've presented him with a jumper when they toured :wink:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Pwoit wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

I think that's one of the guys from ABBA.

Molly must've presented him with a jumper when they toured :wink:
jeff dunne was abba crossed with grizzly adams :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SinCitySaint
Club Player

I am in 100% agreement with the OP on this. We need more players like Joffa Cunningham and Greg Burns, these guys used to eat broken glass and drink sump oil for breakfast not a croissant and soy skim latte, like the namby pamby spoilt babies that play now.
Robbie Muir never would have used moisturizer, he used carbolic soap and the blood of his opponents to make his skin soft and supple.
Hairstyles should be a simple choice shave it all off, the military style crew cut, a pudding bowl (mainly for the younger players if done by their mum), a nice KB style comb over or the mullet for the more flamboyant half forward flanker types.
Back in my day there would have been no issues with the whole KD situation. It would have gone no further than the polite querying of whether Sammy had got a bit and whether she had a sister.
Personally I blame James Hird he was the man that brought the whole metrosexual thing to the AFL. Before him footballers didn't have feelings, they didn't care how they looked, take Leigh Matthews face like a bulldog chewing a wasp but he was a real man. We need more of that sort of man today willing to stand there and take the hit as that nasty little sniper Bruns viciously assaulted Matthews fist with his jaw.
Bring back the real men of footy that is what we need today.