Riewoldt has to be Joking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Too much of this for too long has finally broken him.

It is sad that one player has had to carry us for so long.

He dragged us into the 2009 grand final, has saved us on more occasions than i can remember.

But now hes down in a hole and dont know he can be saved - Alice in Chains.

:shock: :cry:

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Saints43
Club Player

ralphsmith wrote:It is sad that one player has had to carry us for so long.
What a load of rubbish. He's played with a talented, hard working list most of his career.

It's about time that some of them stopped weeping, thinking about themselves, and got back to work.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:It is sad that one player has had to carry us for so long.
What a load of rubbish. He's played with a talented, hard working list most of his career.

It's about time that some of them stopped weeping, thinking about themselves, and got back to work.
THAAAAAAAAANKYOU! This is so true. Yes he has been a great servent for the club and yes he has won games of his own boot, not the ones that count mind you and so when you add it all up he will be just another player that went through the club that doesn't deserve anymore kudos than just about every other player (except maybe say the team of 66) that has pulled on the red white and black. I'm loyal to the club and not the individuals who attract hero worshipers.
Last edited by Cairnsman on Sun 19 Jun 2011 12:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foz
Club Player

Biggest issue looks to be flexibility. Hammy. cannot take a ball below his knees at speed, cannot bend pick up and use the pill.

I watched this closely last weekend against Dogs when he was roaming the wings. His "touch" is off but i think a lot of that has to do with not being able to get the balls he used to get. Get a hot footy at his feet and snap a goal.

Last night against Cats classic sign of this when he bent down to get a low ball and snap a goal at the Punt Road End. No take, no goal. My mind remembers all the ground balls he used to get - remember Rd 14 09 v Cats, long goal from 55, finals game against Pies from the boundary.

Is this confidence or a the remnants of the hamstring injury? I think both but I'm swayed towards the hamstring/flexibility. I'll be keen to keep watching this facet of his game and see how it pans out over the weeks ahead. Its sad because it makes him look just average at present. And the media go on about how he is double and triple teamed ..which is true...but at present he is a marking option and little else. Not a massive tank, no flexibility to speak of, so the opposition can really target him in the air and know they are 1/2 way to rebounding out of defence.

Interested what others think!

westy
Club Player

Spot on Foz. He seems to have a bigger turning circle then even Glen Jakovich had! Unfortunately, any other player in Rooey's form would have been dropped a while ago, but is pretty difficult to drop not only a captain, but player with so much public exposure who has become something of an enigma!

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

At the ground, I also listen the radio, as I am interested in some of the "expert" comments. I heard them saying that Rooey was getting attention to his hammy - I think it was the 3rd quarter . You might be on the mark there foz. 8-)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

he got his ankle caught up under a contest
might have had something to do with it

i thought he had been picking up the low passes that came into him alright over the last few weeks
was picking up the footy nicely that was bouncing in front of him :?

suss
Club Player

Maybe a few people missed the Freo game where his work below his knees was unbelievable. Unlike a few of you, I'm willing to cut our 5-time (?) club champion a little slack and keep him in the team while he regains form.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

This place has hit an all time low.

marksnsparks
Club Player

I've realised why I don't post so much on here anymore. The personal attacks that go on when anybody contributes an opinion that criticises a player, the coach or the club is absolute bulls***.

The whole purpose of this forum is to vent frustrations, so let people speak! The fact they still support this club when it is playing absolutely shite speaks more about loyalty than spouting nonsensical dogma that is clearly untrue.

We're all in pain so let us say what the f**k we like!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Rooey has kicked 7 the last 2 times he's played against the Kangas.

Hopefully he'll get some form and confidence back.

Talk of Dropping Rooey is moronic.

The only reason he'll go out of the team is because of injury.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

marksnsparks wrote: We're all in pain so let us say what the f**k we like!
Why?

I thought a forum was for discussion... not moronic rantings

I must be wrong though.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Why?

I must be wrong though.
Spoken and authorised by a self-proclaimed "real supporter" from the non-moronic coterie.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
Why?

I must be wrong though.
Spoken and authorised by a self-proclaimed "real supporter" from the non-moronic coterie.
It's generally not what you say, but how you say it that matters.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Cairnsman wrote:THAAAAAAAAANKYOU! This is so true. Yes he has been a great servent for the club and yes he has won games of his own boot, not the ones that count mind you and so when you add it all up he will be just another player that went through the club that doesn't deserve anymore kudos than just about every other player (except maybe say the team of 66) that has pulled on the red white and black. I'm loyal to the club and not the individuals who attract hero worshipers.
Don't rate Preliminary finals? :roll:

Roo maybe less than his best but he was a major part of us making GFs in the last 2 years. He's a 5 time B&F winner at our club, gives his all each and every match.

Show a bit of respect to a club champion you twat. :evil:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I think the recovery from that hamstring injury isn't 100% complete yet.
But the fact is he has only managed 2 goals from his last 4 games which is poor in anybodies language for a key forward.
What, he needs, and the whole side in my opinion, is a nice long quiet summer so whoever is left next season comes back completely refressed, mentally strong and rested and determined for another crack at it next year.
Also, it may be time to hand over the captaincy so he doesn't have that burden on his shoulders anymore.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Ajantis
Club Player

Just get a Strong Forward Player = Problems resolved.
Why didnt st.kilda consider Jack Darling, ohh they listenning to other dumb ass teams regarding his off field issues.
Again St.Failured to make there own minds up.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Roo is struggling because he cops sh1t passes nearly 99% of the time, and with that he's double and triple tagged almost every game.

Our massive issue is we've got a virtually none-existent forward line. We have NO key forward. Riewoldt can't be considered a key forward... not with whats been aforementioned.

The Cats, out of interest have some brilliant new youth coming up through the ranks. And as such they are prepared to drop the likes of Mooney and Hawkins. We need some more standouts.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
jonesy wrote:He's the one they should be talking about,not BJ
Yeah he should be seriously ripped into the the Sandy team and left there. What a farking discrace he has become for this club. The most over priced and overrated player of all time.
You would be one of the biggest, p!ss poor frauds ever - constantly bagging players.... You just wait until they lose and bait people.

Where have you been. I would ban you from these boards - look what you've started - you get off on posters having a row over your crapola :oops:
Can you back that up with statistics? No you can't. Now go dry your eyes princess.
Don't need stats - you are so majorly transparent. Constantly white anting these boards, and the footy club......Here are some of your offerings to SS

- Calling the captain & multiple B&F winner a 'f....... disgrace to the footy club'. Where were you last week when he had 19 poss :shock:

- One of your thread titles 'Cut out the cancer, Riewoldt & Goddard'

- So 12 & 18 are no good, but yet you suggest they be traded to your GC. You also asked whether GC would court Armitage when the Saints play there later.

- Stating that there were 15 duds on the list. Who would they be O great oracle - It's quite clear who the dud is.

- From Rnds 2-3 always wanting to write off 2011 and looking to 2012. Let's give up eh?

Bottom Feeder

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

Cairnsman just wondering if you have played a team sport at any level?

You have such drastic oppinions, and seemingly zero sympathy for the boys.

makes me wonder if you have any idea what it is like to be part of a club as a player?

Things will get better without melodrama.

Go saints.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Spoken and authorised by a self-proclaimed "real supporter" from the non-moronic coterie.
Amazing

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:I've realised why I don't post so much on here anymore. The personal attacks that go on when anybody contributes an opinion that criticises a player, the coach or the club is absolute bulls***.

The whole purpose of this forum is to vent frustrations, so let people speak! The fact they still support this club when it is playing absolutely shite speaks more about loyalty than spouting nonsensical dogma that is clearly untrue.

We're all in pain so let us say what the f**k we like!
Say what you like, but don't expect it to go unchallenged.

That's the problem here.

Too many play the know it all bully boy and go to water when it's called.

It's prep school stuff.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Ajantis wrote:Just get a Strong Forward Player = Problems resolved.
Why didnt st.kilda consider Jack Darling, ohh they listenning to other dumb ass teams regarding his off field issues.
Can we get rid of this troll?

Furtius Quo Rdelious
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
Ajantis wrote:Just get a Strong Forward Player = Problems resolved.
Can we get rid of this troll?
he can't even spell...

ah Cairnsman, Cairnsman, Cairnsman.
Last edited by SaintPav on Mon 20 Jun 2011 12:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
spert wrote:Alas I feel the old St K trait of making every excuse under the sun for failure is creeping back in again.
The excuse is simple. It is Rooy's fault. Funny but I think sticking up for Rooy isnt looking for an excuse. Blaming Rooy is though.
I'm not just pointing the finger at Roo for last night’s loss. There were sub AFL performances from other highly paid players also. It’s fair enough you put in the odd bad game but when you get to the halfway mark of a season and your captain who is one of the highest paid players in the competition is not even in the top 50 players of the comp then surely he is not above criticism.

I suppose 2012 will be Riewoldt’s opportunity for redemption because expecting anything else other than average from him in 2011 is all we will get.
No youre not pointing your finger at him..much

Youre just calling him a "F***ing disgrace" and a "cancer"

Anytime you'd like to retract those statements and win yourself back any semblance of credibility you had on here.......

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor