Boyd targetting Harvey's hand

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Boyd targetting Harvey's hand

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/b ... 6097271727

They showed footage On The Couch of Boyd taking cheap shots at Harvey's broken thumb - isn't this exactly the same thing that Bakes did to Johnson and later (from video footage) got reported and harangued by that Tilley dickead for being weak and "against the spirit of the game" before being suspended?

Is there a difference between the two incidents that I'm overlooking? Surely if they're both on the ground and deemed fit to play then there can be no distinctions on the severity of the injuries or anything?

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
DWOODROW
Club Player

Re: Boyd targetting Harvey's hand

Harvey To Hayes wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/b ... 6097271727

They showed footage On The Couch of Boyd taking cheap shots at Harvey's broken thumb - isn't this exactly the same thing that Bakes did to Johnson and later (from video footage) got reported and harangued by that Tilley dickead for being weak and "against the spirit of the game" before being suspended?

Is there a difference between the two incidents that I'm overlooking? Surely if they're both on the ground and deemed fit to play then there can be no distinctions on the severity of the injuries or anything?
There is difference, Boyd plays for Bulldogs and not ST Kilda. :wink:
Only ST Kilda players are weak apparently :roll:

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I'll throw in another one. In the Lions Geelong game on Sunday, a heavily bandaged Mitch Clark came back late after getting injured in the Brown death wish incident.

As soon as he came back he got involved in pursuing the ball towards the boundary line. When the pill went over the line he was clearly distressed - he couldn't even jog back to his position (the lame bloke in the square position).

On his way back, with the ball nowhere around, Harry Taylor began to bump into him. It was clearly designed to discomfort Clark and exploit the injury.

If he is the only one to be held to account for 2 rules, or interpretations, Stephen Baker should take out copyright over 2 laws of the game, 1) don't stop running and let a bloke run into the back of you and 2) don't attempt to discomfort an opponent who may, or may not, be injured.

The bureaucrat who potted Baker for his failure to adhere to the spirit of the game should be similarly admonished for his role in a quasi judicial process that seeks to punish, or excuse, on the basis of who someone is, rather than what they have done. Judicial processes, quasi or not, can NEVER discriminate on any basis, if they are to maintain any credibility whatsoever.

We saw the system fail last week when Ottens only got one for decking a bloke from behind way off the ball. There is way too much discretion afforded these snouts in the trough at the MRP/tribunal quango.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, thought that was weeks, did I miss a change in the rules AGAIN

p66, you there... I need help!!!!!!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Zac Attack
Club Player

Matthew Boyd is a rich man's Daniel Cross and that is not saying much.....

DWOODROW
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:I'll throw in another one. In the Lions Geelong game on Sunday, a heavily bandaged Mitch Clark came back late after getting injured in the Brown death wish incident.

As soon as he came back he got involved in pursuing the ball towards the boundary line. When the pill went over the line he was clearly distressed - he couldn't even jog back to his position (the lame bloke in the square position).

On his way back, with the ball nowhere around, Harry Taylor began to bump into him. It was clearly designed to discomfort Clark and exploit the injury.

If he is the only one to be held to account for 2 rules, or interpretations, Stephen Baker should take out copyright over 2 laws of the game, 1) don't stop running and let a bloke run into the back of you and 2) don't attempt to discomfort an opponent who may, or may not, be injured.

The bureaucrat who potted Baker for his failure to adhere to the spirit of the game should be similarly admonished for his role in a quasi judicial process that seeks to punish, or excuse, on the basis of who someone is, rather than what they have done. Judicial processes, quasi or not, can NEVER discriminate on any basis, if they are to maintain any credibility whatsoever.

We saw the system fail last week when Ottens only got one for decking a bloke from behind way off the ball. There is way too much discretion afforded these snouts in the trough at the MRP/tribunal quango.

Your missing the point Thommo. He has a good record though. :wink:

super dooper
Club Player

Zac Attack wrote:Matthew Boyd is a rich man's Daniel Cross and that is not saying much.....
that averages 112 points per week in my supercoach team!! Boom!

St Lenny
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:

There is difference, Boyd plays for Bulldogs and not ST Kilda. :wink:
Only ST Kilda players are weak apparently :roll:
How right you are.

ThePunter
Club Player

Remember St Kilda players have no heads and two stomachs.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The media have to make a big noise during coverage or the MR{P can't be expected to follow up on it.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

did bakes actually get weeks for targetting johnson's injury?

Liam_G
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:did bakes actually get weeks for targetting johnson's injury?
Yes he did. 2 weeks for that, among the 4 reports from the match.

3 weeks for Striking
2 weeks for Striking
2 weeks for Striking
2 weeks for Unreasonable & Unnecessary Contact with an Injured Player

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I may be getting on, but that footage was pretty grainy. Could you actually see contact? All I could see was a couple of blokes jostling.

If contact was clear, then it's outrageous the situation was taken so lightly...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Liam_G wrote:
bigcarl wrote:did bakes actually get weeks for targetting johnson's injury?
Yes he did. 2 weeks for that, among the 4 reports from the match.

3 weeks for Striking
2 weeks for Striking
2 weeks for Striking
2 weeks for Unreasonable & Unnecessary Contact with an Injured Player
thanks.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Where are the people like Gary "the sniper" Hocking making comments about Boyd now, like he did Baker? That was so ironic, the biggest snipper ever who runs past the past to take out Robert Harvey down at Geelong having a go at Baker! I had a chuckle at that last year!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss