Mcphee one week!! a joke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Mcphee one week!! a joke

this is where the system breaks down completely

and that is intent

it was only good luck that gilbert was not seriously injured as McPhee ran in maliciously and with every intention of inflicting pain

the fact that Gilbert was not injured is in this case irrelevant because there seems to be intent

dragit
Saintsational Legend

far-out, it's fair to say that the system will need an overhaul at the end of the year.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

if it was slightly worse than roo's in intent, it was slightly less bad in outcome. seems like a pretty fair comparison to me.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

So on your page, TSR.

Nonsensical.

He charged at the head of an opponent and went out of his way to ensure contact.

He should be strung up.

Conversely Riewoldt gets stuck in two minds, makes incidental contact, an cops the same stretch.

It's an insane system.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Probably should have been intentional but then again it could have been low impact. I would have gone High contact, medium impact and intentional which would have given him an extra week. That would be right to me.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He left the ground, with an intent to hit....how can his intent have been good?
Last edited by SainterK on Mon 08 Aug 2011 4:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

It's quite simple these days.

You are allowed to commit a dog act...just don't accidentally injure someone doing something that has been a part of the game since day 1.......

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Probably should have been intentional but then again it could have been low impact. I would have gone High contact, medium impact and intentional which would have given him an extra week. That would be right to me.
Yep. Agree. that would be FAIR.

And as with K...FFS the guy left the ground and stuck out his elbow...

Who is watching the videos and what on earth are they ingesting beforehand?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:So on your page, TSR.

Nonsensical.

He charged at the head of an opponent and went out of his way to ensure contact.

He should be strung up.

Conversely Riewoldt gets stuck in two minds, makes incidental contact, an cops the same stretch.

It's an insane system.
And got the same as Zac.

Dawson's opponent also wasn't injured and at least his action had a semblance of attempting to spoil a mark. :evil:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Clearly someone at the MRP is retarded.

How that F*** can it be anything OTHER than intentional is farking madness.

Time someone bong at the MRP sees a shrink ASAP IMHFO.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

They make it up as they go along. Clearly a worse act than Riewoldt's but same penalty. Plus Franklin got off again for high contact.

Riewoldt is a special player, but clearly Buddy is considered more special

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:They make it up as they go along. Clearly a worse act than Riewoldt's but same penalty. Plus Franklin got off again for high contact.

Riewoldt is a special player, but clearly Buddy is considered more special
Did you see the Buddy one? Buddy has got weeks for things that havent seemed much at all. You would be one of few that thinks he gets a good deal.

SainterSoul
Club Player

What a joke. McPhee is a dog.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Probably should have been intentional but then again it could have been low impact. I would have gone High contact, medium impact and intentional which would have given him an extra week. That would be right to me.
Agree.

Regardless of the lack of injury as to Gilbert as a result - isn't this the exact type of act the AFL is trying to get rid of? I get Roo's one had injury attached to it but the intent is very different.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Saint_Ash wrote:It's quite simple these days.

You are allowed to commit a dog act...just don't accidentally injure someone doing something that has been a part of the game since day 1.......
You summarised what I was trying to say in the op

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

By defenition, sticking your elbow out should nearly always be deemed as intentional. It's nearly as bad as punching someone in the head with a clenched fist.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

100% agree, intentional, definitely more than low impact, he was stunned.

oh when
Club Player

Colours

Depends on the colour of the jumper how many weeks a player gets!

python
Club Player

Baker got the same last year for slapping Johnson's hand. It's a farce. Kosi got more for a tackle.

McPhee's action on Friday cannot be excused, he lined Gilbert up from 15 metres away, he wanted to hurt Gilbert and his actions was exactly what he wanted to happen. A week, bloody hell.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Colours

oh when wrote:Depends on the colour of the jumper how many weeks a player gets!
Yep because they would really want to look after Freo.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
100% agree, intentional, definitely more than low impact, he was stunned.
This is the part that needs addressing next season. If the umpires can judge a deliberate out of bounds by summising the players intention, surely the MRP can do the same with the benefit of video review???

Intent.

Had McPhee's elbow made contact when it was supposed to, Gilbert would have probably woken up today...luckily for both of them, the elbow was a fraction of a second too late, and contact a little higher on the arm.

Compare it to Roo, no intention of malice whatsoever and unlucky that any damage was caused, they should not attract the same penalty.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Just a s*** system based on keeping the financial impact for the AFL down. Very silly outcome and compared to the Riewoldt charge just shows how ridiculous the whole thing has become. If you are waiting for a change good luck. Gieshen will come out and dribble out some kind of excuse that proves that the charge had no intent or malice and Sam Gilbert should have given him time to move his elbow away from his head significantly contributing to the incident blah, blah...

If speeding fines were dished out similarly there would be lynchings of public officials, lucky the dictators at AFL house don't have to answer to anyone.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Just a s*** system based on keeping the financial impact for the AFL down. Very silly outcome and compared to the Riewoldt charge just shows how ridiculous the whole thing has become. If you are waiting for a change good luck. Gieshen will come out and dribble out some kind of excuse that proves that the charge had no intent or malice and Sam Gilbert should have given him time to move his elbow away from his head significantly contributing to the incident blah, blah...

If speeding fines were dished out similarly there would be lynchings of public officials, lucky the dictators at AFL house don't have to answer to anyone.
No wonder people dont think Gieshen is any good if we have him answering for the MRP. He has as much to do with it as you do.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Oh dear :oops:

This is why Anderson should be sacked. he is totally incompetent and has devised a system that is a complete laughing stock of all football codes.

I heard on radio this morning that this would be the test of the MRP and the system when comparing it to Riewoldts penalty.

Well the system has failed, completely and comprehensively.

It is saying that if you accidently hit someone and they are injured you willg et more week than an intentional elbow to the face.

The AFL is basically saying that they want to stamp out incidental contact but you are allowed to elbow someone in the face and get a minimial penalty.

What a farce.

Says something if P66 thinks the penalty is wrong.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Oh dear :oops:

This is why Anderson should be sacked. he is totally incompetent and has devised a system that is a complete laughing stock of all football codes.

I heard on radio this morning that this would be the test of the MRP and the system when comparing it to Riewoldts penalty.

Well the system has failed, completely and comprehensively.

It is saying that if you accidently hit someone and they are injured you willg et more week than an intentional elbow to the face.

The AFL is basically saying that they want to stamp out incidental contact but you are allowed to elbow someone in the face and get a minimial penalty.

What a farce.

Says something if P66 thinks the penalty is wrong.
Agree 200%. It's friggin bullsh!t. :evil:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.