Stress Free September

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SunburySaint
Club Player

Stress Free September

Firstly, as dissapointed as I am in tonight's performance and some of the players I would like to thank the saints for making an elimination final after we never thought we could make them... So well done!

However :P

No granny this year means a stress free September/ October I think I'm going to spend some quality time with the family and enjoy the transition to spring :-)

What is everyone else going to do?

Now lives in Geelong...
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Cheap September...can't wait for the trade/draft period.....will we still have that Demon Ross.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
StSteven
Club Player

Don't have to sit on the phone to Ticketek...that can't be bad.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

be watching the best footy in the world this year - cheering on the wallabies in the world cup!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SirDog
Club Player

Firstly, I will try to avoid the West Coast supporters and all press about the WCE until they are out of the finals - although I do not think it will be possible.

Secondly, with the money I save this year on travelling to GF in Melbourne (unlike the last two years), I will buy a new bed suite so I can commence pre-season training on the new work bench with the wife. :wink:

St.Kilda fan - through and through.
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

Will be hard to watch the finals...really hate watching other teams success :( don't like any of the teams left either.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

my bank account just sighed with relief and will be sending a thankyou letter to StKilda's kicking skills.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

This early exit could be a blessing in disguise. The players look like they haven't had a mental break since 2008/09. Let's hope for a quiet off-season and a full pre-season, natural development from the kids and list re-shuffle.

kalsaint
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:be watching the best footy in the world this year - cheering on the wallabies in the world cup!

Erk! To me thats liks watching the Saints all over again. I find other things to do.

I will be watching the drafts with interest. We need some support to either Ben or Roo (or both preferably).

I still am waitinng for a player other than Sneider or Milne to spark this club to greater things. We need another younger class midfielder and few speedier plays.

I agree with Ross that we dont want a Kindergarden but we do need further injection of youth.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
AdelaideSainter
Club Player

duckduckduckgoose wrote:my bank account just sighed with relief and will be sending a thankyou letter to StKilda's kicking skills.
Yeah, this...

:wink: :?

snowdelisaint
Club Player

Watch the Premier League hoping Norwich will survive.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:This early exit could be a blessing in disguise. The players look like they haven't had a mental break since 2008/09. Let's hope for a quiet off-season and a full pre-season, natural development from the kids and list re-shuffle.
yes !
with all the shite that has gone over the last two years , the whole club needs a good spring clean , get rid of all the cobwebs , refresh , renew , rejig and reload for next year .
An end to the season is perhaps what the players wanted sub-consciously , given their lack lustre preformance tonight.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It was obvious tonight that the boys though brave, wouldn't of made much of a dent on the finals.

Captain is in pain, we don't have Lenny, tonight highlighted again how we miss Gwilts lovely left boot kicking through the press.

Appreciate just how much effort went into turning the season around, Hodge predicted we would be spent come finals, similar to them last year....

Finals? Saints have been playing do or die games for a good couple of months, took it's toll.

Sydney may just give it a real shake, helps when your guns are in a rich vein of form.

saint tash
Club Player

Hoping for a quiet off season. Duthieless.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Give me the stress of finals any day :cry:

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintkellerm
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:be watching the best footy in the world this year - cheering on the wallabies in the world cup!
I will be hoping the kiwis can finally win their second....hmmmm sounds familiar!!!!! If they don't, there could be riots all over NZ. Go AB's!!

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Will not be watching any more of this season.

Will be avoiding all footy media

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Will be sad during Grand Final Week.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

Go AB's!![/quote]
Not so sure, struggled to beat Argentina last night!!

saintnick12
Club Player

Will still watch the rest of the matches.

Will be hoping Cats win - couldn't stand another Pies premiership and I really think the Cats can beat them.

Moved into a new house 5 weeks ago and haven't had much time to even fully unpack or have people over so will enjoy a lovely summer catching up with that and working on the house. Kids sports are finished for the year today too. I love the winter spending most of my spare time watching the Saints and my boys playing sport, but love the break from it and the nicer weather too. Time to fit in some family activities too.

Would love to take my little guy,4, to the Melbourne show this year. Will be able to afford it this year with all the money I'll save not having to buy any more footy tickets.

Would love to have gone further but I really don't think we would have gone any further than maybe next week even if we had won tonight. May have fallen over line against Hawks, but we wouldn't have gotten near pies or cats at this stage I don't think.

Saints have had a big four years. Time to rest some weary bodies and minds. Work out who's in for the long haul (including Ross) and get to work for what lies ahead. They'll clear out who they need to. The boys will come back bigger, stronger and fresher. I'll be there as always cheering them on and hoping that next year is our year. I'm planning an overseas trip but will be back in time for Round 1 - can't miss it
:) :wink:
Last edited by saintnick12 on Sun 11 Sep 2011 10:08am, edited 1 time in total.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

There is one bit of stress, The Filth, do not want to endure another premiership from them in my lifetime.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'm also going for the Cats. Couldn't stand seeing Collingwood or Hawthorn win it. Hate both with a passion! Will absolutely love the Pies to crash and burn. We were lucky to even reach finals this season. Personally I thought we had more in the tank, I was wrong :(

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Will now catch up with the movies I've been wanting to see.- "Red Dog", "Jane Eyre" and "The Guard" so that takes up the next three weeks.

Pretty sad I went home last night and watched the Rugby World Cup and started cheering for the Japanese (they also lost)

At least I won't be holidaying on the Gold Coast and spending the whole time brooding over what might have been like I did the past two years.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Will now catch up with the movies I've been wanting to see.- "Red Dog", "Jane Eyre" and "The Guard" so that takes up the next three weeks.

Pretty sad I went home last night and watched the Rugby World Cup and started cheering for the Japanese (they also lost)

At least I won't be holidaying on the Gold Coast and spending the whole time brooding over what might have been like I did the past two years.
+1

It's almost a sense of relief to be honest. I'm looking forward to next season already. The list needs a good shake up IMO. Bring on trade week!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I am actually relieved it is over, it actually hasn't been a good year for me. Lost my last aunt in August, lost a beloved pet in February, had the stress of seeing my team dragged through mud during the off season. Had to go back on insulin injections after 8 years of tablets.
So I am happy to see the end of 2011.
Though one thing that does get my dander up re our fun games over the last 12 months is why the club get on the front foot, show some balls, and demand apologies from sections of the press after it was proved it was all lies.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.