Gone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saints66
Club Player

markp wrote:Wow.

Blindside one and all....

Can only hope it was just time and it's the best for all involved... and we find a way forward from this... will be bloody p!ssed off if it's because the club played hardball and drove him away.
Hard Ball ??????? Offered a three year extension - The St Kilda Football Club is bigger than any player or coach so back the Club not the Freemantle Coach

Go Saints

battye
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Rl has gone. Well goodbye and thank you. Now we get another coach. Well done Ross. You were great for the club now hopefully we can find someone even better. I refuse to knock you and I also refuse to beleive there isnt better out there. By the way where are all these people who said he will sign for next season. Hiding I suppose. Also where are the knockers of the media who said he will go. Hiding in the same spot.
Yeah exactly. It's sad that he left, but he took the team to three Grand Finals and for that we should be pretty grateful.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Rl has gone. Well goodbye and thank you. Now we get another coach. Well done Ross. You were great for the club now hopefully we can find someone even better. I refuse to knock you and I also refuse to beleive there isnt better out there. By the way where are all these people who said he will sign for next season. Hiding I suppose. Also where are the knockers of the media who said he will go. Hiding in the same spot.

I'm here and shattered.

Apparently he contacted them in august.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

This may explain his less than stellar coaching performance against Sydney on the weekend. Mind well and truly elsewhere. Look forward to getting someone even better for us.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Thu 15 Sep 2011 9:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Legendary
Club Player

Mark Fine just reported from what he calls a VERY good source ...

Ross Lyon's management approached Fremantle about 6 weeks ago and asked if they would be interested next year.

Pelchen started at the club 7-8 weeks ago.

Coincidence?

Badlands
Club Player

SirDog wrote:The news here state that the Dockers are holding a press conference tommorow morning - and St.Kilda to make an announcement shortly (whenever that is).

This is contrary to Lyon is required: Nettlefold article on the saints website. I wonder wtf happened because Harvey's sacking came out from left field - and then they sign Lyon. Either this was very quick planning or has been in the pipeworks for a while and one of the best kept secrets. Even blindsided the media.

im guessing pipeworks for a while...

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Mark Fine just reported from what he calls a VERY good source ...

Ross Lyon's management approached Fremantle about 6 weeks ago and asked if they would be interested next year.

Coincidence?
Nup from me.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Yep agree with this. And yes, far too many 'I have it on good authority.......'

I don't give a shyster, if he wants to go - Go :arrow:
I wonder whether the Saints did offer 3 years in addition to 2012 - and Lyon rejected it ?

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
saintly
Saintsational Legend

I am personally glad that he went to Freo rather than melbourne. At least i won't have to look at his face every week! Or else i would spit on him!!!

at least we can't blame the board!

must have been money and opportunity to be in finals. He must think that thesaints players are going downhill and won't be in finals for the next few years!!!

I wonder how bitter the players will be? and how much they now will think the coach is honest!!!!???

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

PakenhamSaint wrote:I'm sorry....WHAT?!!?!?!
What on earth triggered Ross to bugger off?
here is my guess:

The rape charges
the nude photos
the NZ trip
3 chances at a premiership in 2 years and fcuked them all

that all happened in the space of like 2 years.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Mark Fine just reported from what he calls a VERY good source ...

Coincidence?

Nope.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Good luck Ross. You tried your best and got us so close. I'm still a fan.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
markp wrote:Wow.

Blindside one and all....

Can only hope it was just time and it's the best for all involved... and we find a way forward from this... will be bloody p!ssed off if it's because the club played hardball and drove him away.

Not really apparenty they gave him the 1 year + 3 that was asked for financially....
so they gave him what he asked for, and he had already contacted freo 6 weeks ago. who is playing games here????

sounds to me like Ross even after all his honesty etc was playing games! Feel sorry for the players as they would have trusted him. that is now all gone down the tubes

donthglfa
Club Player

mullet wrote:OK so armo's brother who posts on here said this would happen something along the lines of letting the door hit him in the arse on the way out. Also said we would love who we were getting.

Please tell us more
Ooooh please tell

lyonhearted
Club Player

Ross Lyon is definitely one of the best coaches in the business but only a shell of a man. He might be going West so he can get himself a fist full of dollars but he won't come out of this with his integrity intact.

Not only has he elected not to fulfil his obligations to the Saints but he's responsible for another coach being shafted.

Get ready for the anti Ross Lyon barrage in the media, he's going to get what he deserves.

P&*# off Ross, we need someone with integrity. You've undone all of the good work you've done for the Saints over the last few years. I loved you mate but now I just despise you.....

You'll find out soon enough that money's not everything.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I hope he ends up like Dennis Pagan.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Statement from clubvia SEN.

Robert Harvey is interim coach at this stage.

And the club is "disappointed"

For God's sake grow some balls and use harsher stronger words to express its anger.

We've doing the right thing for all these years and have been shafted.

We as a club have to come out swinging.

I'm sick of Might winning over Right.

AGAIN

DWOODROW
Club Player

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

hahahahahahhahha

SirDog
Club Player

St Kilda have released a statement confirming Ross leaving Saints to Dockers : Source Ch 7 News Perth.

St.Kilda fan - through and through.
jays
Club Player

go and never come back

westy
Club Player

Am I allowed to call him a two-faced cuunt? My apologies to the ladies on here, but I am disappointed in his actions completely. Won''t it be lovely in Perth now? Fancy joining a mob of no-hopes like Freo?

I'm livin' in a madhouse
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

If this is the sort of character Ross is then we've lost nothing in him leaving. He's done us a favour. We have nothing to fear.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What a wank.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Coincidence?
Did he throw the game on Saturday night because he just didn't care anymore?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:He must think that thesaints players are going downhill and won't be in finals for the next few years!!!
Maybe cause he farked off a club favourite/captain for andrew lovett and drafted players that couldn't get a game for richmond amongst others…

I'm feeling bitter right now, but at least the club has done the right thing…