Mordy whacks bolt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

If you've read one Andrew Bolt article you've read them all. He may make some good points, but getting to them would require getting through all the self righteous, abusive, judgemental, hypocritical crap and putting up with looking at his smug face. No thanks. Life is far too short for that.
The fact he's apparently the "most read columnist in Australia" is pretty damning and doesn't say much for the rest of them, but then again, Jerry Springer is also very popular, so it may not be saying much at all.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:If you've read one Andrew Bolt article you've read them all. He may make some good points, but getting to them would require getting through all the self righteous, abusive, judgemental, hypocritical crap and putting up with looking at his smug face. No thanks. Life is far too short for that.
The fact he's apparently the "most read columnist in Australia" is pretty damning and doesn't say much for the rest of them, but then again, Jerry Springer is also very popular, so it may not be saying much at all.
Well done. You will now be accepted in polite society. A dinner invitation chez David Marr will be forthcoming!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
We have said 'sorry', do we now have to spend from now until the end of time making reparations to everyone who has any Aboriginal background at all? Successive governments have spent billions of dollars on this.
If I punched you on the nose (be still my beating heart!), and said sorry afterwards, does it stop it hurting?
With all due respect, so what? My ancestors were probably raped, enslaved, had their education and their religion taken away, had their land stolen. Get over it.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:If you've read one Andrew Bolt article you've read them all. He may make some good points, but getting to them would require getting through all the self righteous, abusive, judgemental, hypocritical crap and putting up with looking at his smug face. No thanks. Life is far too short for that.
Well done. You will now be accepted in polite society. A dinner invitation chez David Marr will be forthcoming!
If that means not being around the likes of Bolt, do you honestly think I care in the least? Or you, whoever you are, if you agree with the way he goes about things, especially the condescending way he abuses others who don't see things his way, as if he's better than them. That would be hilarious if you do :lol:

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
desperate saint
Club Player

I think we miss the point here guys we are all one or the other ,right or left despite what all the lefties think of Bolt and how bad he is,he is one of the most followed columnists in this country,I will say it again Bolt is one of the most followed columnists in Australia!it is actually healthy to bring discussion to the forefront in a democracy and we can all express an opinion.
Its great that saints supporters come from all walks and opinions of life!

Desperate Saint
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

So the only reason, I repeat the only reason, this is on the Fan Forum is because the Judge wore the Red, White & Black jumper for a few games 30 or so years ago.

Yeah makes sense.

Mind there's a near identical thread on the General Forum anyway :wink:

St.Kenny
Club Player

attack the man if you have no real argument

fact is.....many individuals with an absolute morsal of aboriginal blood in their vains yet choose to amplify their native Australian connection in order to profit from the vast array of benefits can now breath a huge sigh of relief knowing that an ex st.Kilda player has sat in judgement and gagged a vocal critic of this immoral practice ....yeah we should all be proud of Mordy for doing this :roll:

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
If that means not being around the likes of Bolt, do you honestly think I care in the least? Or you, whoever you are, if you agree with the way he goes about things, especially the condescending way he abuses others who don't see things his way, as if he's better than them. That would be hilarious if you do :lol:
Condescending? haven't you read David Marr...your new hero?

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

IMO he was just saying what everybody is thinking about the Aboriginals, in that its the truth

gringo
Saintsational Legend

desperate saint wrote:I think we miss the point here guys we are all one or the other ,right or left despite what all the lefties think of Bolt and how bad he is,he is one of the most followed columnists in this country,I will say it again Bolt is one of the most followed columnists in Australia!it is actually healthy to bring discussion to the forefront in a democracy and we can all express an opinion.
Its great that saints supporters come from all walks and opinions of life!
From a legal perspective black or white he claimed that these people financially exploited their aboriginality for their financial gain. They were too classy to sue him for defamation and didn't want cash. He looked on Google got some random "white abbos" with good jobs and made up a story. i have a cousin who is part Aboriginal and know that there is a stigma and damage that will be with him from that. To say that they exploit it is so offensive it's laughable. Buddy Franklin and John Patton must have used their Aboriginality to climb the draft order I guess. A mate knows Bolt and says he is a good bloke because he doesn't believe most of the stuff he writes and has a laugh about it. He is a white man exploiting bigotry for financial game.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:. A mate knows Bolt and says he is a good bloke because he doesn't believe most of the stuff he writes and has a laugh about it. He is a white man exploiting bigotry for financial game.
Which ratifys my thoughts on the man. A dog of a bloke.

markp
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
gringo wrote:. A mate knows Bolt and says he is a good bloke because he doesn't believe most of the stuff he writes and has a laugh about it. He is a white man exploiting bigotry for financial game.
I know a lawyer who organised him to speak and debate at a function and he said as much to her... explaining that he saw a niche and created a persona. Laughing all the way to the bank... meanwhile, as with Murdoch media in general, society suffers.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
I know a lawyer who organised him to speak and debate at a function and he said as much to her... explaining that he saw a niche and created a persona. Laughing all the way to the bank... meanwhile, as with Murdoch media in general, society suffers.
this.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:IMO he was just saying what everybody is thinking about the Aboriginals, in that its the truth
... 'eres a live one.

and just what might that Truth be ralphy ?

Lets hear that white self serving wisdom of yours and that of the bottom feeders you hide behind.

Lets have it .

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

general :twisted:

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:IMO he was just saying what everybody is thinking about the Aboriginals, in that its the truth
No, that's what the court case was about, is that what Bolt was saying is not the truth

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I'm not one of the everybody, so don't talk on my behalf.

If you read today's Age with the comments from Justice Mordy Bromberg in relation to each of Bolt's generalisations then you can see why the judgement was in favour of the plantiffs.

Plus it wasn't a defamation action, it was about the wording within the Racial Discrimination Act.

VERDUN
Club Player

HardSaint wrote:
No, that's what the court case was about, is that what Bolt was saying is not the truth
onya Ralphy = does it make you feel better to beat up on Aboriginals and be part of the 'silent majority'? If the majority of people believe that it does not make it right and for what it is worth i do not believe the majority do think that way!! The majority of posts on here are showing some insight and intelligence which is very reassuring!

The court case found Bolt out to not be telling the truth simple as that; do not be sucked in to the prejudice way of thinking that Bolt promotes!!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
We have said 'sorry', do we now have to spend from now until the end of time making reparations to everyone who has any Aboriginal background at all? Successive governments have spent billions of dollars on this.
If I punched you on the nose (be still my beating heart!), and said sorry afterwards, does it stop it hurting?
With all due respect, so what? My ancestors were probably raped, enslaved, had their education and their religion taken away, had their land stolen. Get over it.
Really..... didn't know that happened in Troglodyte history.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
VERDUN
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:

good call

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Any one that can take shock jocks seriously should look for some audio of the moral crusader Alan Jones swearing at his studio staff, he's a classy bloke. It goes something along the lines of "there is dust on this f$%#ing panel which c%$# is responsible you f$%#wits etc. and goes on for an extended period. He also got caught showing his John Thomas to a young boy in England but the charges were dropped and he went home disgraced. but at least he gets all the old birds revved up about trivial effects on peoples lives of a couple of hundred people going about their lives so he can turn good coin from his ratings.

avid
Club Player

Re: attack the man if you have no real argument

St.Kenny wrote:fact is.....many individuals with an absolute morsal of aboriginal blood in their vains yet choose to amplify their native Australian connection in order to profit from the vast array of benefits can now breath a huge sigh of relief knowing that an ex st.Kilda player has sat in judgement and gagged a vocal critic of this immoral practice ....yeah we should all be proud of Mordy for doing this :roll:
People falsifying their identity for personal gain is an immoral practice, as you say. It should be denounced.
The problem was that that Bolt denounced people for doing that when in fact they weren't. He judged them by the colour of their skin, and then just made up the details. (See the Sunday Age today for some gob-smacking examples.)
If you falsely accuse people of immoral practices, it's the law of libel that's relevant, not 'freedom of speech'.

The judgement was very clear that 'racial identity' was a valid and important topic for investigation. But carrying out a campaign on this, motivated by such prejudice that you would accuse individuals of immoral behaviour -- contrary to readily availble fact -- is actually against the law.
The issue is not freedom of speech, or the suppression of the fight against corruption. It's about Bolt's use of dishonesty to harm people.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Re: attack the man if you have no real argument

avid wrote:
St.Kenny wrote:fact is.....many individuals with an absolute morsal of aboriginal blood in their vains yet choose to amplify their native Australian connection in order to profit from the vast array of benefits can now breath a huge sigh of relief knowing that an ex st.Kilda player has sat in judgement and gagged a vocal critic of this immoral practice ....yeah we should all be proud of Mordy for doing this :roll:
People falsifying their identity for personal gain is an immoral practice, as you say. It should be denounced.
The problem was that that Bolt denounced people for doing that when in fact they weren't. He judged them by the colour of their skin, and then just made up the details. (See the Sunday Age today for some gob-smacking examples.)
If you falsely accuse people of immoral practices, it's the law of libel that's relevant, not 'freedom of speech'.

The judgement was very clear that 'racial identity' was a valid and important topic for investigation. But carrying out a campaign on this, motivated by such prejudice that you would accuse individuals of immoral behaviour -- contrary to readily availble fact -- is actually against the law.
The issue is not freedom of speech, or the suppression of the fight against corruption. It's about Bolt's use of dishonesty to harm people.
Some of you are doing exactly what you accuse Bolt of...cherry-picking.
You've used quotes taken out of context by a particularly embittered academic, Marcia Langton.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
That's very funny. You can ridicule other people's ancestry....that must make you feel so good!

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

gringo wrote:Any one that can take shock jocks seriously should look for some audio of the moral crusader Alan Jones swearing at his studio staff, he's a classy bloke. It goes something along the lines of "there is dust on this f$%#ing panel which c%$# is responsible you f$%#wits etc. and goes on for an extended period. He also got caught showing his John Thomas to a young boy in England but the charges were dropped and he went home disgraced. but at least he gets all the old birds revved up about trivial effects on peoples lives of a couple of hundred people going about their lives so he can turn good coin from his ratings.
Oh no! nudge, nudge, wink, wink AJ is gay! We can laugh about that, but we can't laugh at David Marr, Michael Kirby etc because they are Left-leaning (no pun intended).