GWS asked saints re: goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

GWS asked saints re: goddard

According to SOS on tradeweekradio they asked about BJ and was told he was not on the table. Puts that one to rest

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
savatage
SS Life Member

Re: GWS asked saints re: goddard

Solar wrote:According to SOS on tradeweekradio they asked about BJ and was told he was not on the table. Puts that one to rest
It was put to rest a long time ago - expect to still keep hearing about "Goddard to...." rumours until the conclusion of this week....then continue to hear it throughout the course of the year.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:According to SOS on tradeweekradio they asked about BJ and was told he was not on the table. Puts that one to rest
It should be the end of it, but you can bet the media, some trolls here plus a few who like to trade the whole team away will still crap on about it

I love this club
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Speculation of Goddard leaving will surround him for the rest of his career but I believe he is a true saint.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
It should be the end of it, but you can bet the media, some trolls here plus a few who like to trade the whole team away will still crap on about it..............
...............right up till he signs a contract extention some time in the next 6-8 months. Even then, some will still put it out there !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So he's not going to Carlton?

Whoops, that is so 2001........

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

hungry for a premiership wrote:Speculation of Goddard leaving will surround him for the rest of his career but I believe he is a true saint.
Well there is a way to stop it... do what Roo did. Sign up for years and say I'm a Saint for life. Until then, he will be in the media all year next year and if he leaves we will be fools for keeping him for an extra year when we had all the bargaining power this year. I guess only BJ really knows and any further talk is just speculation - interesting though considering GWS weren't interested in BJ yet felt the need to ask about him...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
It should be the end of it, but you can bet the media, some trolls here plus a few who like to trade the whole team away will still crap on about it..............
...............right up till he signs a contract extention some time in the next 6-8 months. Even then, some will still put it out there !!
doesn't matter what he signs, they will still say he is going to Carlton or gws, and still have fools on this sight suggesting he be traded

I love this club
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Stillwaiting wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
doesn't matter what he signs, they will still say he is going to Carlton or gws, and still have fools on this sight suggesting he be traded
Rubbish, only reason GWS is being talked about is because they can take an uncontracted player from St kilda next year, Goddard is conveniently out of contract next year. If he signs and commits himself to us, 1) he wont be going to GWS and 2) by the time he is out of the next contract he will be too old to be of value to any club.

Strength through Loyalty
swarta
Club Player

St Ick wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Solar wrote: If he signs and commits himself to us, 1) he wont be going to GWS and 2) by the time he is out of the next contract he will be too old to be of value to any club.
thats not true, Carlton tried to take Boyd from bulldogs and he's 29, players can be traded and poached at any time in their career depending on what clubs want them for.

sent from my iphone.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

They've got a war chest holding 7 of the top 9 picks, they are going to go REAL hard at a few big names before Monday night rolls around. I feel we haven't heard the last of this.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:They've got a war chest holding 7 of the top 9 picks, they are going to go REAL hard at a few big names before Monday night rolls around. I feel we haven't heard the last of this.
I reckon they'll hang onto their picks in the top 15 and look at offloading picks 25 and 31 for a couple of half decent players. I can't see them parting with any of their early picks. Greedy bastards !

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:So he's not going to Carlton?

Whoops, that is so 2001........
It's a physical impossibility.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Couldn't the Saints and Brendan make a huge statement in the midst of all this inundo by coming to terms on an extended contract NOW.

That would shut a few people up and make some sort of stand for the future of our club.

Andy Maher would still crap on about it tomorrow morning.....even if he signed a ten year contract...

And big dumb Tim wouldnt be able to have an opinion of any value or insight as per usual...

those blokes are
tweedle dee and....

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Andy Maher would still crap on about it tomorrow morning.....even if he signed a ten year contract...

And big dumb Tim wouldnt be able to have an opinion of any value or insight as per usual...

those blokes are
tweedle dee and....
Agree Marto..dumb and dumber ...painful to listen to!!!!!Another drop kick is David Schwartz on the arvo shift ..not a functioning brain between the 3 of them..wish there was some decent sports radio competition for the drive to work !! :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Give you one worse

Craig Hutchinson

thank F*** he isnt our list manager.....or i'd personally seek him out and end it for him.....

luckily he's just a rubbish writer

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Barrett and Hutchy are by far the worst.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

After hearing it on the news its really hitting home with me, not sure why as nothing has happened but we are going to cop the speculation all year long now. It fractured, distracted and disrupted Melbourne and Geelong's seasons when they lost Ablett and Scully and history has shown when they nominate players, the new franchises usually get their men.

So as much as we'd love to 'hope' he will re-sign with us, I reckon its probably 80% chance he has gone. So, in light of this and taking away the passion and loyalty that we all have regarding the situation, which scenario should we take/have taken?

1) Should we have traded for O'Meara, a top 3 draft pick this year and another pick in the 20's? Similar IMO to the Judd deal.

2) Being uncontracted next year, we will get two mid first round selections if he leaves and an extra season with him.

3) If he wants to go next year, will free agency rules come into play? Is it worth trying to match what GWS can offer? Can we trade with him next year or are we resigned to the fact we'll just get AFL's compensation?

I'm all doom and gloom with this one, if he leaves, I'll be a shattered man. The past 3 years have been hell off field, I'd love a season where we can just concentrate on the on field, and it looks as though it wont happen next year.

We were saying we need to sign him up asap to stop the speculation, but why would BJ want to sign anything, his price just rose to ridiculous heights because of the GWS.

Strength through Loyalty
karnak
Club Player

New Coach announced tomorrow, nails the end of trade week with Pelchen and then promotes BJ to captain and announces contract extension. End Of.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

karnak wrote:New Coach announced tomorrow, nails the end of trade week with Pelchen and then promotes BJ to captain and announces contract extension. End Of.
Trade week doesnt finish untill monday

footynut
Club Player

I'd consider the trade if it involves us geting the first 5 pick in the draft and prehaps a player as well.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
It should be the end of it, but you can bet the media, some trolls here plus a few who like to trade the whole team away will still crap on about it
the speculation can't and won't end until he signs a contract.

really, by the end of this week they should either have bj signed up for an extra year or have traded him. keeping him hanging around with less than a year left on his contract is just asking for trouble.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

GWS probably asked about Pendlebury too. Not reported !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:Speculation of Goddard leaving will surround him for the rest of his career but I believe he is a true saint.
I'll never forget "True Saint" Tony Lockett saying " I'm here to stay"