Saints delistings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saints delistings - OFFICIAL

saintly wrote:nick heyne still has a year to go on his contract? doesn't he?
Yes, and they won't be trying to fit his payout in this year's salary cap... rookie list for 1 year is a certainty.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:true. maybe they have faith in ferguson? a lot of sandy and saints watchers seem to have a lot of time for him.
At the moment I think he's just seen as a project player who is worth persevering with. He's a great athlete and has done some impressive things, but they wouldn't be relying on him to become a regular in the next year or two. He's definitely a running defender though, not a forward.

What does concern me is that even though we had very little depth in the KPP/ruck stocks going into this year, we've now lost Gardiner, Walsh, Lynch, Cahill, Johnson and Gaertner without replacing any of them in trade week. I'd say we'd be a near certainty to pick up an experienced tall in the draft; perhaps we're looking at Setanta?
crikeys.
6 talls lost and replaced by sentanta.
anyone else out there?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Great news if true.

About time we cut hard into a list of draft disasters 101

Archer is no good, be nice to see him go also.

Interesting to see if Stanley can make it, although I have my doubts.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Do we not have enough backup for forwards?

Roo and Kosi get first crack, then any one of Stanley, Siposs, Archer could play a role.

Polo is needed as our mids depth isn't so strong and Lenny is coming back from serious injury.

We lacked fleet footed smalls, already picked up two.

I'd say club is looking for a ruckman who can rest forward?

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

thirty-seven!? wrote:Source is Jonno Nash, one of the reporters for Croc Media. Apologies if this has jumped the gun, but seemed confident it was official.

Surely club announcement is imminent
Who?

I think the title of the thread needs to be changed.

Maybe your avatar as well.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
shmic_s
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:Source is Jonno Nash, one of the reporters for Croc Media. Apologies if this has jumped the gun, but seemed confident it was official.

Surely club announcement is imminent
Who?

I think the title of the thread needs to be changed.

Maybe your avatar as well.
Not OFFICIAL... yet.

But he does have a sauce. :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Not on form and surely that is why you are elevated. As I said he would be lucky to hold his spot as a rookie.
Well he's not going to hold his spot as a rookie because he's already been on the list for 2 years. It's either promotion or delisting.
Why is that? He can stay 10 years if we like.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If this info is fair dinkum, then it means we will have 7 draft picks.
Is it possible we will use one to promote a rookie? Cant see it now that Walsh has deserted us.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

These delistings are NOT official until a statement is made from the Club

Dont care how well-meaning or accurate thie OP is...a journo (from CrocMedia FFS) is NOT an official source..and the thread heading should be shanged until the Cloub have mde a statement

Absolute pet hate of mine

EDIT>>thank you whoever changed it :-)
Last edited by saint66au on Mon 24 Oct 2011 4:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
mohannair
Club Player

I agree we are dealing with the career of some young footballers.

Mod, pl lock & move this thread till it is proved.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

saint66au wrote:These delistings are NOT official until a statement is made from the Club

Dont care how well-meaning or accurate thie OP is...a journo (from CrocMedia FFS) is NOT an official source..and the thread heading should be shanged until the Cloub have mde a statement

Nah, fair enough. Really expected the official announcement to be moments behind me. Heading edited...

And yes, need a new avatar... Also need to remember my login details to my picture service thingy to change it...

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

borderbarry wrote:Is it possible we will use one to promote a rookie? Cant see it now that Walsh has deserted us.
The flip side is there will be not much worth taking at pick 78 in this draft. I reckon a rookie elevation is on the cards. If Ferguson isn't ready yet and neither is Archer it must be Curren.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Saints94
SS Life Member

InkerSaint wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Is it possible we will use one to promote a rookie? Cant see it now that Walsh has deserted us.
The flip side is there will be not much worth taking at pick 78 in this draft. I reckon a rookie elevation is on the cards. If Ferguson isn't ready yet and neither is Archer it must be Curren.
Or a mature age recruit....

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Not on form and surely that is why you are elevated. As I said he would be lucky to hold his spot as a rookie.
Well he's not going to hold his spot as a rookie because he's already been on the list for 2 years. It's either promotion or delisting.
Why is that? He can stay 10 years if we like.
I thought that a player can only be on the rookie list for two years. Then he must either be promoted or de-listed...unless the rules have been changed (it's hard to keep track of rule changes nowadays).

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:
saint66au wrote:These delistings are NOT official until a statement is made from the Club

Nah, fair enough. Really expected the official announcement to be moments behind me. Heading edited...

And yes, need a new avatar... Also need to remember my login details to my picture service thingy to change it...
Fair enough.

Thanks for the info and bringing us even more good news!

Hope you are on the money. Will make Next year interesting, especially with a new coach and new list manager. Bring it on!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I love that some are trying to delist Archer for the club. He showed promise as a kpp in the nab. He can take a contested mark and has something about him. His motivation at sandy probably wasn't high when guys like Johnson who were giving it everything weren't getting a go. Darch might be a hidden gem.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I love that some are trying to delist Archer for the club. He showed promise as a kpp in the nab. He can take a contested mark and has something about him. His motivation at sandy probably wasn't high when guys like Johnson who were giving it everything weren't getting a go. Darch might be a hidden gem.
He looked like an unskilled hack to me in his game against
Richmond. Had dud with a capital D written all of over it.

Who gives a toss about practice match form FFS??!!

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Saints94 wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:
Or a mature age recruit....
I wouldn't be surprised if they're considering drafting James Sellar - can play tall forward/ruck. 196 / 95 22 years old.
Delisted as he was about 4th-5th in line at the Croweaters.

They have Kosi, Stanley and Ferguson as well....
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Mon 24 Oct 2011 5:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
gringo wrote:I love that some are trying to delist Archer for the club. He showed promise as a kpp in the nab. He can take a contested mark and has something about him. His motivation at sandy probably wasn't high when guys like Johnson who were giving it everything weren't getting a go. Darch might be a hidden gem.

Disagree.

I liked what I saw, a willingness to bash and crash...and he played a senior game, earlish in the season....hovered deep and helped in the ruck at times...something to work with IMO.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

If true, I think Pelchen and Watters pretty much got it right

Players on the list now age 21 or under are:

Steven
Siposs
Curren*
Archer*
Ferguson*
Stanley
Cripps
Ledger
Crocker
Winmar
Simpkin
Andreoli*

I expect to see Curren and Ferguson put on to he main list, so that will give us 5 new players in the national draft, and up to 3 new rookies.

All up, it should mean that half the list will be 21 or under.

Good to see.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

In fairness, he wasn't really allowed to settle at Sandy usually playing in some fill in ruck role

He came to a club as a 6'3" Key Forward but Sandy's own Forwards and their lack of ruckman meant he was more often than not being used in a role he wasn't really suited to.

Not saying he'll make it; not saying he has to be retained. Just saying.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
EDIT>>thank you whoever changed it :-)
Me! :D

FWIW, this thread was not intended to cause rumour or innuendo, nor was it started because I was buying into any. I’m not at all interested in ‘breaking the news’ or being the first to say it, or whatever. I only started the thread from a ‘for interests sake’ point of view.
From what I saw, this was fact. Perhaps it will strangely prove to be incorrect, but I would be very surprised. My guess is that the only people even slightly interested in rumours of this insignificance would be Saints supporters. No one outside of here would be remotely interested to hear that five Saints youngsters have gotten the chop, so my expectation was that a journo wouldn’t just make that up. I will feel incredible embarrassed if this is wrong, but again, would also be perplexed.

My own point of view on the matter – I’m surprised to see Smith go. Disappointed even. I liked him and actually thought he did enough in the seniors this year for another year. Johnson I likes due to his size and ability to play both ends, but I’d say his loss is more felt due to his size, and not so much his skill levels. The delisting on five players surprised me. It surely means we are looking to elevate someone? We did infer a week ago that we wanted to take six picks to the draft, so either we are looking to elevate someone, we actually want seven picks, or perhaps we will look to take one pick to the PSD and get a mature-aged player who perhaps we have an eye on. Time will tell, I guess. But, when it’s all said and done, when the fire has cooled, it’s actually quite an exciting time for the St.Kilda football club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:If true, I think Pelchen and Watters pretty much got it right

Players on the list now age 21 or under are:

Steven
Siposs
Curren*
Archer*
Ferguson*
Stanley
Cripps
Ledger
Crocker
Winmar
Simpkin
Andreoli*

I expect to see Curren and Ferguson put on to he main list, so that will give us 5 new players in the national draft, and up to 3 new rookies.

All up, it should mean that half the list will be 21 or under.

Good to see.

Neither of those players deserve to be upgraded. We have them for 2 years so why do it. As to the person who said you have rookies for 2 years well that is correct but I could just about be certain no one else would wanr Archer so we just rookie him again. We could do that for as long as we like.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Cant see any reference to our delisting players anywhere at the moment.

saintbob
SS Life Member

This is so typical, faced with hard decisions this club continually takes the easy way out.

Delisting kids, who are mostly likely on minimum match payments, does F@&K ALL to relieve the salary cap problems we have.

Instead we keep under performing and over paid list cloggers!!!