Zac Dawson rejects St Kilda's offer

Hopefully Jack moves in with Ben.

Little Dozer wrote:Look at his stupid head in the picture with Roo and ask yourself if you'll miss him. The bloke's a spud. I can't wait to see him play us round 4 and get taken to the cleaners.
The NZ fiasco was worse IMO.

Dawson was the only player involved in both the Miami and NZ incidents.

He was also the oldest of the 4 players caught out in Queenstown.

Yes he may be hard to replace however I too have doubts about his character and maturity, especially when we had thrown him a lifeline only a couple of years earlier.

If he's not prepared to play for what we are prepared, and able, to pay him then so be it. He's welcome to get the Lyon on the line and take his boyish charms west.

sRaf

chook23 wrote:Can not believe so many just bagging ZAC

Whilst he has limitations will be hard to replace.
The story of St Kilda supporters on this board.

samoht wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote: I think that delisting of Wakelin cost us plenty of games and this will turn out to be costly for us if we don't have an excellent option to replace Zac.
The problem is we needed an excellent option to replace Zac from the moment we had Zac -
i.e. whenever Cloke, Setanta or Waite etc.. took mark after easy mark one on one against him.

One on one he's nothing. .. just ask Rocca who took him apart and Zac hasn't really improved since. He offers absolutely no resistance vs Cloke.
No we didn't. His 2009 (his first year with us) was generally excellent, so much so that he kept Maxy out of the team late in the season and into the finals.
Unfortunately he apparently lost a lot of weight in the following pre-season and he doesn't seem to have managed to put it on again since, but he still played some excellent footy for us. You don't get the most votes in the B & F for a 5 game finals series (2010) that includes two grand finals, if you're no good. You just don't.
He certainly had/has his weaknesses, but he is also tall (at least 195cm, I think, more like 197cm) pretty quick and athletic and generally seems to give his all and has that little bit of mongrel in him.
If he was that bad still he'd have many big bags of goals kicked on him, especially against the likes of Buddy Franklin, but he doesn't. As I said, we'd better have someone good and ready to replace him, as his position on the ground is not an easy one to play, especially in finals, against the best, where we hope to be again in 2012.

HitTheBoundary wrote:I predict that our Full Back next year will be the best Full Back currently playing in the WAFL. (Whoever that may be.)
Bookmarked.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."

repete'
Last edited by dragit on Mon 31 Oct 2011 4:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

Little Dozer wrote:Look at his stupid head in the picture with Roo and ask yourself if you'll miss him. The bloke's a spud. I can't wait to see him play us round 4 and get taken to the cleaners.

Yes he may be hard to replace however I too have doubts about his character and maturity, especially when we had thrown him a lifeline only a couple of years earlier.

If he's not prepared to play for what we are prepared, and able, to pay him then so be it. He's welcome to get the Lyon on the line and take his boyish charms west.
You can add his dig via Twitter at Robert Walls to the list. Not to mention the way he acts on the field. He thinks he's tough, which he is not.

I hope he enjoys playing in the WAFL coz he isnt getting a game ahead of Silvagni or McPharln.

sRaf

chook23 wrote:Can not believe so many just bagging ZAC

Whilst he has limitations will be hard to replace.
The story of St Kilda supporters on this board.

You can add his dig via Twitter at Robert Walls to the list. Not to mention the way he acts on the field. He thinks he's tough, which he is not.

I hope he enjoys playing in the WAFL coz he isnt getting a game ahead of Silvagni or McPharln.

Bring on Simpkin I say 8-)

Double post, this site is working horribly today.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Mon 31 Oct 2011 4:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintdooley wrote:
matrix wrote:stanley
LOL

yeah
he'll do alright one on one huh?

see ya zac
saints obviously means jack shite and money talks

300 grand
pffft
you should be lucky to get 200 bud
lucky to get 200? How the guy made AFL in the first place is beyond me. Hawthorn would of been laughing for days after they found out a club was actually interested in him.
Another brilliant and insightful comment from a fool. Well I can tell you that no one is interested in you.
I know...but i am absolutely starstruck someone is interested in Zac!
Stop and take a break; your brain is working overtime.

BigMart wrote:Matthew Warnock

27yo
194cm
97kg
Melbourne FC

5th Best and Fairest 2009
yep my thoughts too..

BigMart wrote:Matthew Warnock

27yo
194cm
97kg
Melbourne FC

5th Best and Fairest 2009
yep my thoughts too..

Don't run with the pack DR…

Miami incident ? really? standing next to a naked team-mate for a silly photo…

I'll also remind you also that Dawson was the only one from NZ who didn't actually have any sleeping pills, he had a glass of wine at dinner before heading off to bed early - whoopie doo…

I'm not even a big Dawson, he probably doesn't many, but give the guy a break… he's come back from oblivion to be full back in one of the most successful defensive units in the history of the game…

Unless any of you guys have knocked back double salary for the same job somewhere else, then give it a break…

another double
the site is cactus today…
Last edited by dragit on Mon 31 Oct 2011 4:16pm, edited 2 times in total.

lol.

Can you imagine the size of the new one Roo would tear?

With the Dawsonator playing on him.

desperate saint

Agree with Skeptic here Jo Blake at full back for the next season>much more reliable than Zac, groom Simpkin to take over gradually in 2012

Desperate Saint

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:No we didn't. His 2009 (his first year with us) was generally excellent, so much so that he kept Maxy out of the team late in the season and into the finals.
This. God help us if he recaptures his 2009 form because everyone here will spew, guaranteed.

My favourite piece of commentary from Kelli Underwood, R19 2009: "Buddy Franklin... goalless... and toothless!"

Zac has been somewhere between ordinary and serviceable this year. Which is well under his capability.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Hammer

Agree with the Blake idea for the next year or so at least.
Need to blood Simpkin or whoever else we can.
Warnock could be worth a crack too as mentioned above.

Bring back the Hammer!
ando051

BigMart wrote:Nor

Gwilt 188cm 90kg

or

Simpkin 191cm 87kg

would be considered Key Defenders

both would give up 10kg and 2 inches most weeks and against Cloke for example
195cm 104kg
would get killed

Seen Simpkin play at Sandy a few times this year and he did ok. His strengths is his spoiling and that's all Zac was good for. Zac was a one way pony, Spoil and that's it, did not kick and only handballed to players under the pump. $300,000 well saved

Warnock is at GCS - case closed.

Don't run with the pack DR…

Miami incident ? really? standing next to a naked team-mate for a silly photo…

I'll also remind you also that Dawson was the only one from NZ who didn't actually have any sleeping pills, he had a glass of wine at dinner before heading off to bed early - whoopie doo…

I'm not even a big Dawson, he probably doesn't many, but give the guy a break… he's come back from oblivion to be full back in one of the most successful defensive units in the history of the game…

Unless any of you guys have knocked back double salary for the same job somewhere else, then give it a break…
Not really running with the pack dragit as I'm happy to have Zac playing full back.

Just saying that if he won't accept what we're offering then I won't lose too much sleep.

And indeed he may be a fairly innocent player in the Miami and  Queenstown affairs. But by the same token he seems to show a distinct lack of maturity and absolutely no leadership qualities.

I thought he wasn't supposed to be out, let alone drinking?

Else why was he suspended?

Let's be honest about history, it wasn't nothing, it was an indiscretion.

After which he said it was one of his biggest regrets didn't he, on the doco?