Can Nettlefold please shut it?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good one Bratty :lol: :lol: Should have done it in one of Lyons shoes! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
yipper
SS Life Member

Well from where I am sitting, I see a club that has a spring in it's step again. Netters was right to say that there is a building momentum - because there is. It is the staff, the players and we fans.
It is like a the place has shaken off the blues and is now ready to go again. We played like we were in pain or depressed last year - so to see the shift in attitude from the whole club is like a breath of fresh air. They are raring to go. So are we fans. It is all very positive and upbeat and is bound to sell memberships.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Well from where I am sitting, I see a club that has a spring in it's step again. Netters was right to say that there is a building momentum - because there is. It is the staff, the players and we fans.
It is like a the place has shaken off the blues and is now ready to go again. We played like we were in pain or depressed last year - so to see the shift in attitude from the whole club is like a breath of fresh air. They are raring to go. So are we fans. It is all very positive and upbeat and is bound to sell memberships.
Which is great if we win.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
yipper
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
yipper wrote:Well from where I am sitting, I see a club that has a spring in it's step again. Netters was right to say that there is a building momentum - because there is. It is the staff, the players and we fans.
Gotta get the attitude right if you're want to win.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
Thinline wrote:Tell you what: If being open and friendly and courteous and whatever else brownnoserly type nonsense is necessary to appease people who make a quid anaesthetising the brains of numb skulls who thrive on a diet of vanilla makes a an inch of s*** difference to winning a flag, then I'm all for it. If it doesn't, then I hope the bubble re-emerges in titanium form. I'm well tired of media presence being touted as some kind of magical part of a winning formula.
This... if it doesn't translate into ON field success, then its all just keeping the wrong people in their jobs...
you would think that all this extra media is due to preseason training.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

\

yep, that what i think aswell.

i am more excited so far abut the upcoming season, then i was this time last year

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

No matter what the Club do, there will always be people who would rather criticise the 1% they are doing wrong rather than the 99% they are doing right.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

We’re desperately trying to attract Members and Sponsors. And we’re wanting to show the players that we are ready to relaunch a new era after the disappointments of the last 3 years and the departure of the senior coach.

Yeah, let’s keep a lid on it :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hey OP.

Pipe down!

8-)

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

saintly wrote:
markp wrote:
Thinline wrote: 'Just f****** win'.
Yep... I don't care if it's from the inside a bubble or a belief cloud or a cuddle.

But people maybe forget what 'the bubble' was a response to, and how well it deflected so much horse shyte and saw us to successive GF's, both missed by the bounce of a ball.
the bubble was becuase of the external things that were going on. lovett, milne (from 4-5 years ago what had been brought up again) kim, new zealand, etc. even kim came down to seaford at training.

they just went too far with it, and probably couldn't break it.
Exactly. The Bubble was there to shut out the bad press but the problem was it started to attract the bad press.

So they get rid of it and sell it as a good news story. Obvious and/or brilliant, depending on your perspective!

It was the right tool for the task at hand, and even if it was overused it would be silly to think it will never be used again - just with smarter application and a different name, much like the zone/cluster/press/Roman box formation etc. etc...

As for 'Just f****** win', 2009 was all about that. If you're being honest about it the real slogan is 'Just f****** win the big one', although then you've distilled it down to every sports fan's mantra of all time.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

What we are currently seeing, is looking pretty good all round. The recent quality of people acquisitions have been far beyond my expectations - a job well done.

The trick will be to maintaim the momentum and consistency of action "over the entire year." Clearly, the Club is in desperate need of new Members and Sponsors and this is a good start !

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

new 'media friendliness" yeah-yeah...appointing quality staff,,whatever! its all well and good, but can the real challenge faced by this board be answered?
the approval of Barks and Joffaboy :wink: :wink: :lol: ..I for one am not holding my breath :lol: :lol:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Gotta get the attitude right if you're want to win.
Hopefully a good membership number will help fortify a new enthusiasm...

I'm just sick of PR blah.

Every day it's rammed down our throats.

Just DO, I say.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like some want to go back to being turds floating in "The Bubble".

No thanks.

Rather have a 21st century football club who values its fans.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Sounds like some want to go back to being turds floating in "The Bubble".

No thanks.

I'd rather be a fan of a 21st century football club that won flags and that was something other than a vanilla machine.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Sounds like some want to go back to being turds floating in "The Bubble".

No thanks.

The pies have so many members I doubt they give them anything of value except just one thing in the last 2 years. That is true value.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I think the point is that the good PR, spin, and snappy slogans are the icing, but the on-field performance and results are the cake.... the icing all looks very lovely, let's hope it's good cake!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

No thanks.

The pies have so many members I doubt they give them anything of value except just one thing in the last 2 years. That is true value.
Yup.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:No matter what the Club do, there will always be people who would rather criticise the 1% they are doing wrong rather than the 99% they are doing right.
Agreed

Another opportunity awaits!
yipper
SS Life Member

Funny, the Pies have an exceptional media relationship. Sponsors coming out of their arses and give plenty to their members i.e. they encourage them to join, keep communicating with them, have open training in the middle of Melbourne. All of which we are saying the Saints have started down on that same road and how it is a good thing - and someone reckons it is all crap and uses collingwood as an example to support the argument???
Gee we can't win can we...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Funny, the Pies have an exceptional media relationship. Sponsors coming out of their arses and give plenty to their members i.e. they encourage them to join, keep communicating with them, have open training in the middle of Melbourne. All of which we are saying the Saints have started down on that same road and how it is a good thing - and someone reckons it is all crap and uses collingwood as an example to support the argument???
Gee we can't win can we...
They also charge a minimum of $800 to see the GF compared to our $300. I dont their supporters get treated any better than ours and i reckon the main thing their supporters worry about is a flag and not those little other things that really mean bugger all.

yipper
SS Life Member

Well I reckon we will do a lot better both on and off field with our current philosophy - the club is feeling good about itself again. When you have blokes picking your club to train with over a collingwood - then you have an environment where people can focus on the right things. It is coming together for us right now. Lay the groundwork - etc..

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately, all of last season's bad press and bubble stuff came at the same time we moved into a new training facility that was always going to rile some people.

Regardless of where it is located, the move to a brand new state of the art venue should have been cause for great celebration. Instead we copped the “players hate itâ€