Rebuilding the Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote:I should add I have no idea what was offered or not offered. Money or draft picks - wouldn't have a clue. But then again neither do the so called authorities on draft picks posting here which again I find very amusing.
even assuming your unimpeachable sources really exist, it obviously wasn't a direct swap of armo for judd. as you say, you have no idea what was offered. if it happened, it's most likely it was armo plus some other picks plus some spare cash on one side of the ledger, judd alone on the other side.

so your original thesis doesn't really hold.

elizabethr
Club Player

damienc wrote:I should add I have no idea what was offered or not offered. Money or draft picks - wouldn't have a clue. But then again neither do the so called authorities on draft picks posting here which again I find very amusing.
Now you are speakig thr truth. 8-)

nothing to say
damienc
Club Player

I couldn't care less if no-one believes this. I didn't post it to get mass approval. I did it because when I was told, i was so enraged that the so called St Kilda brains trust would pass up an opportunity to get a player of the calibre of Judd in a St Kilda jumper. It is blindingly obvious he would have made a huge difference in the contested ball,run and carry department which has been a significant weakness in our game.

damienc
Club Player

I couldn't care less if no-one believes this. I didn't post it to get mass approval. I did it because when I was told, i was so enraged that the so called St Kilda brains trust would pass up an opportunity to get a player of the calibre of Judd in a St Kilda jumper. It is blindingly obvious he would have made a huge difference in the contested ball,run and carry department which has been a significant weakness in our game.

damienc
Club Player

Let's hope whoever we get in the upcoming draft and the two smaller players recruited recently can make 2012 our year. 45 years is a long time to wait for a second premiership.

jays
Club Player

we hope so

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote:I couldn't care less if no-one believes this. I didn't post it to get mass approval. I did it because when I was told, i was so enraged that the so called St Kilda brains trust would pass up an opportunity to get a player of the calibre of Judd in a St Kilda jumper. It is blindingly obvious he would have made a huge difference in the contested ball,run and carry department which has been a significant weakness in our game.
even if it meant that we lost riewoldt, hayes or goddard?

you can't make any sort of judgement on the worth of the choice without knowing what the choice actually was. judd would have cost a lot. something would have had to give.

savatage
SS Life Member

damienc wrote:I couldn't care less if no-one believes this. I didn't post it to get mass approval. I did it because when I was told, i was so enraged that the so called St Kilda brains trust would pass up an opportunity to get a player of the calibre of Judd in a St Kilda jumper. It is blindingly obvious he would have made a huge difference in the contested ball,run and carry department which has been a significant weakness in our game.
It was never on the cards -Judd didn't even meet with St.Kilda when we wanted to see his interest in joining. We were in internal turmoil at the time & he stated that he did not want to be at an unstable club.

We were interested, he was not. That's it in a nutshell. Was never on the cards.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Damien, perhaps you could explain how the club chose Armitage over Judd as no one including myself can make the connection.

That's where you're losing ppl

Are you saying that WCE perhaps wanted our pick a year earlier to give us Judd the next season?

damienc
Club Player

What I have written is what I was told. The deal could have done to get Judd. We didn't get him Carlton did. The decision was made to get Armitage instead. Maybe they thought he would be a better player. Unfortunately I was not told the name of the genius in the football department responsible for this choice.

damienc
Club Player

Despite what has been written here by all of the naysayers. Judd was willing to come to St Kilda. We chose not to take him.

savatage
SS Life Member

damienc wrote:What I have written is what I was told. The deal could have done to get Judd. We didn't get him Carlton did. The decision was made to get Armitage instead. Maybe they thought he would be a better player. Unfortunately I was not told the name of the genius in the football department responsible for this choice.
In point form:

1) You were told wrong.
2) Deal couldn't be done as Judd did not want to come to St.Kilda
3) Impossible. As a draft pick in the draft we, OURSELVES, would not have known which player we would end up before we took Armitage because it is a DRAFT, no order is pre-arranged. Not to mention that simply suggesting that this particular draft pick would be enough to get Judd is ludicrous - as it was nowhere near what Carlton were offering & as previously mentioned Judd refused to meet with St.Kilda and even discuss the possibility.
4) You were not told any names because none of this actually happened.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote:What I have written is what I was told. The deal could have done to get Judd. We didn't get him Carlton did. The decision was made to get Armitage instead. Maybe they thought he would be a better player. Unfortunately I was not told the name of the genius in the football department responsible for this choice.
You're an attention seeking idiot and you're not unique.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
goodie
Club Player

damienc wrote:Despite what has been written here by all of the naysayers. Judd was willing to come to St Kilda. We chose not to take him.
He would've been willing in 2001.

There seems to be some confusion in the timeline here. Armitage was drafted in 2006. Judd was traded to Carlton in 2007.

savatage
SS Life Member

goodie wrote:
damienc wrote:Despite what has been written here by all of the naysayers. Judd was willing to come to St Kilda. We chose not to take him.
He would've been willing in 2001.

There seems to be some confusion in the timeline here. Armitage was drafted in 2006. Judd was traded to Carlton in 2007.
Yes that's the part I forgot to add to my previous rant! Wasn't even Armitage in question.

damienc
Club Player

Dear Savatage,

Love the numbered points. it does make you sound very authoritative. Funny i thought draft picks were all about making choices. The source of this was someone who was in a position to know. You, like many other so called experts on this site are not. Keep up the good work.

damienc
Club Player

Hey Goodie. Check the timeline. That's what I said many posts ago.

savatage
SS Life Member

damienc wrote:Dear Savatage,

Love the numbered points. it does make you sound very authoritative. Funny i thought draft picks were all about making choices. The source of this was someone who was in a position to know. You, like many other so called experts on this site are not. Keep up the good work.
I guess you would like to now argue with all my facts. Good luck with that little champ.

goodie
Club Player

damienc wrote:Hey Goodie. Check the timeline. That's what I said many posts ago.
Good for you, you've got one part right

fingers
Saintsational Legend

This thread is, as they say, impeccable.

saintsfreak
Club Player

Dear damienc

You are an idiot.

The Freak
damienc
Club Player

Hey Freak. Great name by the way. It really suits you. No need to get personal.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote:Hey Goodie. Check the timeline. That's what I said many posts ago.
No no no no wait...wait. I BELIEVE YOU....I REALLY DO...

Ha ha ha ha....loser..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
damienc
Club Player

Saint Pav. It's all a question of mind over matter. I don't mind and you don't matter.