W A loves the saints .

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

There are quite afew Kalgoorlie SAINTERS supporters too over here in the West.

I regularly wear the T shirts (Alpaca / Grand Final / Rob Harvey versions) but revert to the colours in Polos over winter.

Today I pointed our a guy in full colours while out shopping. This is pretty much every weekend. I have never seen him in anything else other than a Sainters polo shirt and regularly has a cap too.

We all acknowledge each other around traps.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
SirDog
Club Player

I get around in my saints t-shirt and my son wears his saints footy guernsey all the time. My kids' tennis coach is a saint fan and so are his two boys. I once worked in an office in Perth where four of us supported the saints. So yeah there are plenty of us. And future generations of them to come. :D

St.Kilda fan - through and through.
georgie girl
Club Player

We were in WA when Blight got sacked. Very pleasantly surprised by the number of supporters in WA ringing up on the radio at that time to discuss the sacking. We almost felt like we were in Melbourne....almost!! Well done WA Saints!!

westy
Club Player

You should have seen the puzzled looks I got while wearing my "DEMPSTERED" T shirt the other day in Wanneroo and surrounding suburbs. By the way, my number plate is SKFC34

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Eastern wrote:
defacto wrote:
saintDal wrote:Just this past month I've seen a guy walking down the street wearing a Saints jumper (candy stripe) and a guy at the shops wearing a Saints polo. Don't see that very here.
what suburb could be me. saints in wa is huge, cult following. growing by the day
How could the "CULT" be anything but successful with a leader like rogerwa, the Western Saints Billy Graham? :wink: :lol: !!
I dont think Billy Graham partook of the amber fluid ;-)
Yeah, that'd be the ONLY difference between Billy & Roger :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Is there much love in WA media for lyon &Freo?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Is there much love in WA media for lyon &Freo?
saw this the other day
Lyon is now installed as a Fremantle resident with his family, with the advantages over the set-up at St Kilda already evident.

“I’m enjoying the lack of traffic and being close to Fremantle Oval – it is just one song (on the drive) in,â€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
westy
Club Player

It sounds as though he is becoming regarded the press over here as 'the chosen one' and it makes me sick.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Griggsy
SS Life Member

defacto wrote:
saintDal wrote:
defacto wrote:
saintDal wrote:Just this past month I've seen a guy walking down the street wearing a Saints jumper (candy stripe) and a guy at the shops wearing a Saints polo. Don't see that very here.
what suburb could be me. saints in wa is huge, cult following. growing by the day
Joondalup.
yeh i lived in joondi up until a month back. maybe it was me. crazy. see heaps of saints stickets and licence plates on the freeway though
I live in Jndlp with my saints car seat covers, new neighbours have some number plates too.

crippa2sipa
Club Player

westy wrote:
It sounds as though he is becoming regarded the press over here as 'the chosen one' and it makes me sick.
Heard an interview last week in which one of the presenters (a woman) described him as a "total sweetie". Must say I cracked the giggles at his comments about Milney (when they tried to goad him into saying that Milney lost us the GF last year). His response to a question about Molly Meldrum's rude remarks directed at him was also quite amusing.

saintDal
Club Player

Griggsy wrote:
defacto wrote:
saintDal wrote:
defacto wrote:
Joondalup.
yeh i lived in joondi up until a month back. maybe it was me. crazy. see heaps of saints stickets and licence plates on the freeway though
I live in Jndlp with my saints car seat covers, new neighbours have some number plates too.
You don't deliver water do you?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintDal wrote:
Griggsy wrote:
defacto wrote:
saintDal wrote:
defacto wrote:
Joondalup.
You don't deliver water do you?
Hello Neighbour :)
where has the old fashioned ' stick your head over the fence' to say hi gone

a 4,000 km plus welcome . :D
Last edited by saintbrat on Mon 12 Dec 2011 9:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

At the moment the footy stories are few and far in Perth ... The question will be how will Ross "media mental midget" Lyon go I'm the fish bowl of Perth

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Would be great to see him lose first 6 or so and see how that swagger is affected.

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

KOsi kicking 7 or 8 on his love child would be icing on the cake.(hey it's off season I'm allowed to dream!)

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Kosi having a day out isn't such a dream.
I actually reckon Kosi just might do a lot better with a coach who allows the team to play to it's strengths.
Dawson might struggle a lot more playing in a mentally fragile team, which freo certainly are.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Would be great to see him lose first 6 or so and see how that swagger is affected.
Realistically itwill be much like his first season here lots of Freo people will see the game style change and hate it and when the wins don't come there will be a call for his head and many will say they should bring back the old coach ... But slowly the purple will start to win games and the fact that they kick only 6 goal a game doesn't matter as long asthe total defense makes the opposing side only kick 4 goals ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Hope he wins same number of flags for Freo as he did for us,then we will see how pleased they are with 6 goal scorelines.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Honestly our list is far better then Freos .. In my opinion Ross looked at both teams and thought I have pretty much squeezed everything outa this team may as well have a shot with that one ... It's still to be seen if Ross is more than a one trick pony (that one trick almost got a flag so it's pretty good trick ) time will tell if it's the cattle on the park or the message in the box that got us soo close to the flag

westy
Club Player

Very interesting on 6PR, that little turd Brad Hardley asked Lyon if he left St Kilda because he thought there was a better chance of premiership success at Fremantle. To Lyon's credit, he said that he was not there to discuss St Kilda and that he had a great deal of respect for the Saints and such a comparison was stupid and not to be considered. Couldn't hear another word from Hardy for a while as he sank to the bottom of the bowl where all turds belong.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:Very interesting on 6PR, that little turd Brad Hardley asked Lyon if he left St Kilda because he thought there was a better chance of premiership success at Fremantle. To Lyon's credit, he said that he was not there to discuss St Kilda and that he had a great deal of respect for the Saints and such a comparison was stupid and not to be considered. Couldn't hear another word from Hardy for a while as he sank to the bottom of the bowl where all turds belong.
I actually think that is a very good question and a good response.

westy
Club Player

You are quite correct except that Hardy takes any opportunity to have a crack at St Kilda. I have never been able to understand what issue he has with St Kilda. Any ideas, anyone?

I'm livin' in a madhouse
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:You are quite correct except that Hardy takes any opportunity to have a crack at St Kilda. I have never been able to understand what issue he has with St Kilda. Any ideas, anyone?
Malthouse played for St Kilda ... Brad hardies Hate of Mick is sooo bitter and childish any thing related to Mick is despised by him .. In WA for year people hated brad hardie for his dislike of west coast ... Most of what he says is out of bitterness ....