dissapointed by a fellow member

I use Poath Road in Hughesdale on a daily basis. (but not in a black mazda :D )
my wee yaris does me!

thejiggingsaint wrote:I use Poath Road in Hughesdale on a daily basis. (but not in a black mazda :D )
my wee yaris does me!

I thought we were talking motor vehicle road rage, not Flintstone cars.

:lol: :lol: Hey Shangai could be the "black mazda" guy was trapped in his car with Neil Young on the sound system!!!! :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

linz

Bernard Shakey wrote:Typical of bogans in that part of town, Booran Rd, Grange Rd, Poath Rd, Koornang Rd, Murrumbeena Rd....
Totally unfair Bernard. I live in a house on Koornang Road and I haven't had road rage inclinations for over 2 weeks now.

I 1ust got back from a great 2 week holiday in WA but I'm sure there's no coincidence. Christ I hate the traffic at home though?

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.

Koornang Road? give it time Linz, give it time :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and go easy on the neil young! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:

Cant Stand the bloody bogans.

Relax.

Everyone is just in a rush to get to Oasis!

Oasis! Great food!!!!!! One of the best eateries around (worth tear-arsing to)

Bernard Shakey wrote:Typical of bogans in that part of town, Booran Rd, Grange Rd, Poath Rd, Koornang Rd, Murrumbeena Rd....
Not when I'm driving through that part of town in the morinng.

From East Boundary Road onto Murrumbeena Road at North, it goes from 70kph to 60kph, well someone needs to tell the other drivers it's 60 not 50, not 40 it's 60.

I would have thought anyone that has a problem with Poath Road needs to talk to Metro trains, that's what cause the bacnkup of traffic, not other cars.

paulski

Have recently moved to Hughesdale, just off Poath Rd, near the railway line.
Gotta say, there's a shitload of saints supporters in this area!! Saints stickers
everywhere. Will try to keep clear of the angry black mazda though!
The hold ups at the railway lines are legendary around here. Half hour waits
as 6-7 trains with 5 minute intervals are common, gotta shake your head sometimes, otherwise you go all black mazda!!!

Hey Paulski! welcome to the 'hood neighbour!!! yeah damn straight there's a few of us around! The Red Poppy bakery has Sainters serving! Sandi at Charles' Pharmacy is a Sainter too! Evan at "Brew" does a great coffee and breakfast....but follows carlton (well no one's perfect) however he is not a resident!!! Haven't encountered the black mazda myself.

sainta

It must be a black Mazda 3 thing. About 3 years ago I had a similar incident with a male driver in one of those cars (no Saints sticker on it though, although I was a bit shaken to notice that kind of thing).

St Michele

Re: dissapointed by a fellow member

Funny you say this I has number plates and am always conscious that if i do anything silly it will reflect.... I am always telling my husband do not do anything to sully the St Kilda number plates

ShanghaiSaint wrote:don't know if this belongs in here, if not sorry mods.

A Saints member tonight at 7:25pm leaving a terrible image of us fans and members.

I am a saints member, tonight on Poath rd in Hughesdale, I was the target of road rage from from a fellow member... I still can't believe the way he acted.

What happened, driving though Hughesdale shops just about to reach the train line a car went to move out from being parked. I was next to him so he had to stop. Then he came out behind me and I had to brake a little quickly as a car was turning right all of a sudden. He came close up behind me and then for no reason lost it. Started to speed up and tail gate drop off and tailgate again. I put my hand up in the mirror with no rude gesture to ask what the hell are you doing. He dropped off and came right up again. Then I pulled over to let him pass and there is was St Kilda member stickers.. i was like what a great advertisement for the St kilda Footy club buddy.

He went speeding passed me and then hit the brakes and pulled over, I gave him a big thumbs up as I went passed.

I don't know about you fellow members but I think that gives the public an image that backs up some of the crap that has happened in the last two years with the club.

Please members if u have saints stickers all over your car. Try to show a little driver respect. Maybe he hated me as I dive a BMW, i have no idea????

Rant over....... Go saints.

Ps if the driver of the black mazda 3 reads this I have already forgiven you.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
St Michele

sorry posted twice :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Michele
St Michele

philtee wrote:There are ferals supporting every club.
Yep had to block a few saints fans on facebook due to their behaviour :)

Michele
HSVKing

St Michele wrote:
philtee wrote:There are ferals supporting every club.
Yep had to block a few saints fans on facebook due to their behaviour :)
Such as....?

They walk amongst us...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

Rosco

thejiggingsaint wrote:Hey Paulski! welcome to the 'hood neighbour!!! yeah damn straight there's a few of us around! The Red Poppy bakery has Sainters serving! Sandi at Charles' Pharmacy is a Sainter too! Evan at "Brew" does a great coffee and breakfast....but follows carlton (well no one's perfect) however he is not a resident!!! Haven't encountered the black mazda myself.
red poppy - good pies & cakes, i'll second the comment on Brew too.

I Love Peter Kiel

Yeah, the best thing about the south-east is the number Saints supporters you see.

In '09 I couldn't believe that one place in Koornang Rd (which sells those trendy expensive juice drinks) put up a cats scarf after the Grand Final. OK so maybe the owner follows the Cats but in Koornang Rd? I vowed then and there to NEVER darken the door of that place.

Road rage? I noticed it got a bit crazy in 2010 over those two Grand Final weeks.
The week after Collingwood finally won, I was driving down the 'Prinny Highway' and a 'Pies bogan actually stuck his head out of the passenger side and started making gestures and yelling incomprehensible shite at me. It was quite surreal.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
I Love Peter Kiel

PS yes I'm very conscious of having a Saints Member sticker...I try NOT to do anything stupid on the road.

I Love Peter Kiel

ShanghaiSaint wrote:don't know if this belongs in here, if not sorry mods.

A Saints member tonight at 7:25pm leaving a terrible image of us fans and members.

I am a saints member, tonight on Poath rd in Hughesdale, I was the target of road rage from from a fellow member... I still can't believe the way he acted.

What happened, driving though Hughesdale shops just about to reach the train line a car went to move out from being parked. I was next to him so he had to stop. Then he came out behind me and I had to brake a little quickly as a car was turning right all of a sudden. He came close up behind me and then for no reason lost it. Started to speed up and tail gate drop off and tailgate again. I put my hand up in the mirror with no rude gesture to ask what the hell are you doing. He dropped off and came right up again. Then I pulled over to let him pass and there is was St Kilda member stickers.. i was like what a great advertisement for the St kilda Footy club buddy.

He went speeding passed me and then hit the brakes and pulled over, I gave him a big thumbs up as I went passed.

I don't know about you fellow members but I think that gives the public an image that backs up some of the crap that has happened in the last two years with the club.

Please members if u have saints stickers all over your car. Try to show a little driver respect. Maybe he hated me as I dive a BMW, i have no idea????

Rant over....... Go saints.

Ps if the driver of the black mazda 3 reads this I have already forgiven you.
Will this unknown Saints member be 'outed' on this forum? Stay tuned!

I'm not 100% sure if I have the exact word-for-word story, but here goes.
I read somewhere that while playing for the Saints, Plugger Lockett was driving somewhere and for some reason or other had a minor bingle with another vehicle. It appeared to be a case of joint responsibility and Plugger was told by the other driver that "He would NEVER follow the Saints again after this" Plugger said in reply, words to the effect of "Who gives a rats?" I guess folk should do the right thing on the road no matter who they support. By the way, why would anyone in their right mind want to engage in "road rage" with Plugger Lockett? :?

paulski

Thanks for the welcome Jiggingsaint. Yep, love the area so far. Brew"s good, but prefer the little cafe down Willesden Rd, Chichi House, I think it's called. I'm addicted to their banana french toast - you've gotta try it. If you see a bloke walking 2 cocker spaniels around the area, that's me!!
On the bumper stickers, I never really think about my own, unless I see those shitty magpies premiers stickers. For some reason, I've gotta out accelerate those cars. Not hard as they're usually shitboxs!!
:)

be f***ed if im putting bumper stickers on my ride

Obviously we’re over run by Cats supporters down this neck of the woods however there are still a few Saints stickers to be seen and at least one safe haven :)

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/art ... _news.html