Cousins

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I disagree every person I have ever seen on speed yes does have lots of energy but also the attention span of a 4 year old and lack any co-ordination to possibly play AFL at any level ..
experieced users can go about their normal life on drugs. you wouldnt even know they were high let alone determine their attention span. their are plenty of successful people that use drugs daily. look at hollywood. another example is truck drivers or people that work shift work.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
No need to bag saints fans coz all supporter bases have fans that use those excuses. hungry makes a valid and scientific point without being agressive in his argument. of course that doesnt mean the weagles won in 06 as they were all high.
I wonder how many times has Hungry been on a stimulant to know what the effects are and how it world give an advantage ?? I know from my experiences with stimulants that they will make you full of energy and will make you feel like your superman but the reality is you will look like a bumbling idiot and be heavily disadvantaged

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I disagree every person I have ever seen on speed yes does have lots of energy but also the attention span of a 4 year old and lack any co-ordination to possibly play AFL at any level ..
experieced users can go about their normal life on drugs. you wouldnt even know they were high let alone determine their attention span. their are plenty of successful people that use drugs daily. look at hollywood. another example is truck drivers or people that work shift work.
You don't get it truck drivers take it to keep them awake and as an effect causes them to make poor judgment hence the accidents that juiced up truckies cause hence why drugged truck drivers are MORE dangerous not better drivers!! Yes many people hide the fact they are on drugs cause in some tasks the effects might not be as noticeable but on a footy field where judgment is paramount it would be very clear

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

The reason truck drivers crash is because of fatigue due to impossibly long shift hours. They take the speed to meet the demands of their work but ultimately the sleep depravation will overtake the effect of the speed and force the body to slow down and go to sleep. If you've been driving for 20+ hours or for days on end with little to no sleep, you're going to crash, speed or not.

Different drugs effect different people in different ways. Yes, there surely are some people who when high on stimulants have a very short attention span and may even lose some co-ordination. Generally speaking, though, a stimulant will cause a higher level of performance for the time your high on it, be it a game of football, a game of chess, a game of xbox, writing a story, having a conversation, driving a car or having sex. They're called "performance enhancers," and you can take this name at face-value. You're very naive to think that someone on drugs necessarily has no ability to make decisions or complete tasks or follow processes or live life.

We've all seen the vision of Cousins and Judd on the premiership dias in '05 holding up the cup and I'm telling you now Cousins is high as a kite on amphetamines. His pupils are dilated and his mouth is dry, he's instantly recognizable as high by someone who knows what its like be be high on speed or ice. Demetriou should call an investigation.
Last edited by hungry for a premiership on Wed 18 Jan 2012 12:49am, edited 3 times in total.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote: I've seen the vision of Cousins and Judd on the premiership dias in '05 holding up the cup and I'm telling you now Cousins is high as a kite on ice. Look at his pupils! They are thoroughly dilated.
sure does

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I just thought that was typically him, as in cocky...arrogant...smug....rather than high.

Richter
SS Life Member

When a person is highly intoxicated on speed, you are right Trav, they affect attention and concentration negatively. However, at lower doses amphetamines HELP with attention, hence why methylphenidate and dexamphetamine (both amphetamines) are used in ADD = 'attention deficit disorder'.

The reasons for the (differential) effects of these drugs are not entirely clear, however, dopamine release by frontostriatal (amongst other) neurones within the frontal lobes are thought to play a part. It is known that the frontal lobes have a lot to do with what is known as the 'executive functions' of the human brain i.e. planning, initiation and sequencing of movement, set-shifting (changing of the focus of attention), abstract thinking, word generation, inhibition. Frontal regions are also involved in personality, emotions and mood, though these latter two are much less localised functions within the brain.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I just thought that was typically him, as in cocky...arrogant...smug....rather than high.

One doesn't mutually exclude the other.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:The reason truck drivers crash is because of fatigue due to impossibly long shift hours. They take the speed to meet the demands of their work but ultimately the sleep depravation will overtake the effect of the speed and force the body to slow down and go to sleep. If you've been driving for 20+ hours or for days on end with little to no sleep, you're going to crash, speed or not.

Different drugs effect different people in different ways. Yes, there surely are some people who when high on stimulants have a very short attention span and may even lose some co-ordination. Generally speaking, though, a stimulant will cause a higher level of performance for the time your high on it, be it a game of football, a game of chess, a game of xbox, writing a story, having a conversation, driving a car or having sex. They're called "performance enhancers," and you can take this name at face-value. You're very naive to think that someone on drugs necessarily has no ability to make decisions or complete tasks or follow processes or live life.

We've all seen the vision of Cousins and Judd on the premiership dias in '05 holding up the cup and I'm telling you now Cousins is high as a kite on amphetamines. His pupils are dilated and his mouth is dry, he's instantly recognizable as high by someone who knows what its like be be high on speed or ice. Demetriou should call an investigation.

Firstly you seem to be able to tell a lot from one picture. To me he seems as he has always seemed and secondly how do you know if he wasnt tested that day? Anyway you can complain all you like nothing will be done now. Maybe i just wish to feel they won because they were the better side where as others are always looking for faults.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

A lot of trash in this post.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't make you an expert on drug taking unless you're a health care professional with experience in this field. May I suggest we stick to discussing footy.

What would be the point of university St. Trav?

Stop with the I'm right you're wrong bullsh!t, it really doesn't cut it.

Just because I know people who are millionaires doesn't mean I know how to make that sort of money.

Cousin could have been taking enhancing performing drugs. We'll never really know and it doesn't matter any more.
Last edited by magnifisaint on Wed 18 Jan 2012 9:50am, edited 1 time in total.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Double post

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

“I can see it in your eyes..........â€

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so
a. anyone ever spoke to truckies that use the gear?

i have

b. anyone ever spoke to someone playing footy on the gear (at any level)?

i have

youd be surprised at what they say

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

deleted

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

joffaboy wrote:
hungry for a premiership wrote: I've seen the vision of Cousins and Judd on the premiership dias in '05 holding up the cup and I'm telling you now Cousins is high as a kite on ice. Look at his pupils! They are thoroughly dilated.
sure does

I can't see his eyes.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Back the train up I'm not Saying I'm an expert on anything all I know is my experiences and as pointed out stimulants taken in the correct dose with the correct chemicals sure do have performance enhancing effects but the standard pill purchased from drug dealers made in backyard labs is very very unlikely to have the correct chemical mix to be performance enhancing plus a football player without the correct knowledge of the drug could not possibly know how to take the drug at what concentrate to be performance enhancing as you said why go to uni to study it if any idiot can work it out ... The only way I could see the drugs Ben was on being performance enhancing was if the club doctor was managing the dosage and that is aHUGE accusation to say the club doctor was behind it ..

As I said before I find It very very unlikely that any player would be on drugs during an afl game .. At a party after sure I would say lots would be having a dabble but not during a game

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Back the train up I'm not Saying I'm an expert on anything all I know is my experiences and as pointed out stimulants taken in the correct dose with the correct chemicals sure do have performance enhancing effects but the standard pill purchased from drug dealers made in backyard labs is very very unlikely to have the correct chemical mix to be performance enhancing plus a football player without the correct knowledge of the drug could not possibly know how to take the drug at what concentrate to be performance enhancing as you said why go to uni to study it if any idiot can work it out ... The only way I could see the drugs Ben was on being performance enhancing was if the club doctor was managing the dosage and that is aHUGE accusation to say the club doctor was behind it ..

As I said before I find It very very unlikely that any player would be on drugs during an afl game .. At a party after sure I would say lots would be having a dabble but not during a game

I don't agree with your generalisations or your opinion.

Some of us just would't know

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Back the train up I'm not Saying I'm an expert on anything all I know is my experiences and as pointed out stimulants taken in the correct dose with the correct chemicals sure do have performance enhancing effects but the standard pill purchased from drug dealers made in backyard labs is very very unlikely to have the correct chemical mix to be performance enhancing plus a football player without the correct knowledge of the drug could not possibly know how to take the drug at what concentrate to be performance enhancing as you said why go to uni to study it if any idiot can work it out ... The only way I could see the drugs Ben was on being performance enhancing was if the club doctor was managing the dosage and that is aHUGE accusation to say the club doctor was behind it ..

I don't agree with your generalisations or your opinion.

Some of us just would't know
Stats suggest no one is on drugs during a game and that is all we have to go by. As you said we wouldnt know so lets at least use stats that would know.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Assuming he had a drug problem at the time, It doesn't make sense that Cousins could take just enough to enhance his performance as opposed to a full on binge. Then again, what would I know about this.

That had to be one of the most unlikeable photos of the premiers that I can remember. Not including 09 and 10 of course.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
defacto
Club Player

disagree.

one things clear is that ben cousins didnt use amphetamines on game day. i think he admitted this himself. if he did it would be a disaster. however, he did openly admit to using them during training.

this would have an impact on his work rate during training. i have seen a number of laborers work whilst on amphetamines. they work quick. get more done. last longer. do they make the right decisions, hell no.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
hungry for a premiership wrote:The reason truck drivers crash is because of fatigue due to impossibly long shift hours. They take the speed to meet the demands of their work but ultimately the sleep depravation will overtake the effect of the speed and force the body to slow down and go to sleep. If you've been driving for 20+ hours or for days on end with little to no sleep, you're going to crash, speed or not.

Firstly you seem to be able to tell a lot from one picture. To me he seems as he has always seemed and secondly how do you know if he wasnt tested that day? Anyway you can complain all you like nothing will be done now. Maybe i just wish to feel they won because they were the better side where as others are always looking for faults.
One thing I recall on that day was that Cousins was just about the only WCE player who showed sufficient awareness of what was going on around him to actually look at the young boy who presented him with his medal, shake his hand and then chat to him for a few seconds. If he took drugs that made him high, at least they didn't take away his manners.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nice observation MB

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote: disagree.

one things clear is that ben cousins didnt use amphetamines on game day. i think he admitted this himself. if he did it would be a disaster. however, he did openly admit to using them during training.

this would have an impact on his work rate during training. i have seen a number of laborers work whilst on amphetamines. they work quick. get more done. last longer. do they make the right decisions, hell no.
what are you disagreeing with ? You agree he More than likely wasn't taking drugs during the game , and you agree that it effects making the right decisions ?!?!?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

One thing I recall on that day was that Cousins was just about the only WCE player who showed sufficient awareness of what was going on around him to actually look at the young boy who presented him with his medal, shake his hand and then chat to him for a few seconds. If he took drugs that made him high, at least they didn't take away his manners.
This proves he is a good bloke.

I hope he gets well.

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Well all i can say is that i really feel for him and his family.
It seems that he has gone backwards and it makes you wonder if he was ever drug free, even when playing with Richmond.
You can blame the eagles for this , Fletcher, Chick, Gardi and Embley were all great mates, he has not been able t break this Hideous habit. Mainwaring his best mate died from a drug overdose. I always remember my other half commenting about the year that they won the premiership. Have a look at em, gone from scrawny kids to big Bullies and have a guess what he added one of their players is a pharmacist.
Anyway folks once ya get into the hard core drugs there is little hope and if you continue down this track he will end up like his best mate