The difference 5 moths can make!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: The difference 5 moths can make!

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote: It will be their loss as they wont learn about our great game.
that's very funny...

At least you get the s*** I spread. Did take you a while though. We had plenty of arguments before your realised I take myself probably less serious than anyone on here. Surely this site is about fun and the occasional inside info and the occasional crap. Talking of crap i am off to the toilet.
I know I know. What can I say. You showed the way and I have seen the light..

Hallelujah. Praise the lord...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Talking of crap i am off to the toilet.
You showed the way and I have seen the light..
So you're following him to the crapper? :shock:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:really? where is it?

PS I never said you'd care
It's called friends and foes in your settings....add someone as a foe and they're goneski :)

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
skeptic wrote:really? where is it?

PS I never said you'd care
It's called friends and foes in your settings....add someone as a foe and they're goneski :)

well Sainter K you just made my lisst :evil: :evil: :evil:

my friend's list :wink:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Did someone say something?

;)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Please don't tell me you guys block people? The different opinions, insights and disagreements is what makes this sight interesting. It's part of life and it is normal.

Each to their own i guess but how boring to just follow people who agreed with you all the time.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Please don't tell me you guys block people? The different opinions, insights and disagreements is what makes this sight interesting. It's part of life and it is normal.

Each to their own i guess but how boring to just follow people who agreed with you all the time.
Agree :D

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:Please don't tell me you guys block people? The different opinions, insights and disagreements is what makes this sight interesting. It's part of life and it is normal.

I don't block people I disagree with, I block people I don't understand.

It should save a lot of time but every time they post something I have to go and read it anyhow to justify the decision I have made to block them.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:

I don't block people I disagree with, I block people I don't understand.

It should save a lot of time but every time they post something I have to go and read it anyhow to justify the decision I have made to block them.
Can you please let me know whats going on tomorrow?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Austinnn
Club Player

I don't block people I disagree with, however i do block one particular poster who is more of an incessant noise, one-message kind of person. No real value in their posts for me, reading their posts is like listening to a wolf howling at the moon. I understand it, kind of, but all it does is irritate me. Ranting conspiracy theorists are just wasting my time, and I can do that fine by myself.

There are probably others who would get the same treatment, but they are too inconsistent (i.e. sometimes they say things of value), whereas this guy rarely disappoints... or should I say appoints. (what is opposite of disappoints?)

I like this function personally, but then I'm the kind of guy who listens to music with headphones in public so I don't have to listen to people's BS conversations. I'm the type of fella to press mute on the remote when the ads come on. I'm the sort of bloke to willfully avoid reading reader's comments for Herald Sun articles, because I know the calibre of literacy and opinion would only anger me. A snob? Maybe, but better that than a homicidal maniac.

By the way I can see what the OP means...
...they certainly do liven up this post.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
http://www.dorsetlife.co.uk/wp-content/ ... -MOTHS.jpg
I prefer this group

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Austinnn
Club Player

Hmm, very good Saintbrat. Very good indeed.

By the way, just for the record for the poster criticizing Plugger66 on page 2, I don't know why you say he's the most blocked user on here, I think he talks a lot more sense than many. He may not pull his punches, (my first ever post was called "f---ing stupid" by him, and I'll never forget!) but his posts are at least amusing, and are often the plain black needle of sense in a haystack of red-eyed/white-eyed insanity. (Plus if you noticed, his mood has become a lot more positive in the last few months.) I don't want to derail this thrilling debate about Lepidoptera but I felt the need to interject because I see so much unnecessary criticism for a poster who doest warrant it. Not many say it, but P66; keep up the good work.

I have not been given any money for this post by Plugger66 (yet) nor do I know him personally.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Hmm, very good Saintbrat. Very good indeed.

By the way, just for the record for the poster criticizing Plugger66 on page 2, I don't know why you say he's the most blocked user on here, I think he talks a lot more sense than many. He may not pull his punches, (my first ever post was called "f---ing stupid" by him, and I'll never forget!) but his posts are at least amusing, and are often the plain black needle of sense in a haystack of red-eyed/white-eyed insanity. (Plus if you noticed, his mood has become a lot more positive in the last few months.) I don't want to derail this thrilling debate about Lepidoptera but I felt the need to interject because I see so much unnecessary criticism for a poster who doest warrant it. Not many say it, but P66; keep up the good work.

I have not been given any money for this post by Plugger66 (yet) nor do I know him personally.

And I thought i was the blocked poster and about to tell you where to stick it.

By the way cant remember saying f****** stupid as i really try not to swear. Sorry bout that.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Austinnn wrote:
http://www.dorsetlife.co.uk/wp-content/ ... -MOTHS.jpg
I prefer this group
They're butterflies

Stay on topic :wink:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

.nice word

.lep i dop te ra.
Last edited by asiu on Tue 21 Feb 2012 3:19am, edited 2 times in total.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Austinnn
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:And I thought i was the blocked poster and about to tell you where to stick it.

By the way cant remember saying f****** stupid as i really try not to swear. Sorry bout that.
Ha! I welcome your input into any discussion, I understand your humor and enjoy seeming others try to copy your style.

My first post was a poll about something related to the past I think; perhaps you were right, I'm not sure. Maybe you censored the swear word yourself, but "stupid" is certain. Nevertheless, I was fishing for that apology. Closure.

:wink:

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

By the way, the word one of the posters was looking for was optimistic.

Like when Dennis Commetti was commentating and said something like "he went into the pack optimistically and came out misty optically" (when he got hit in the eye). haha. :lol:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
plugger66 wrote:And I thought i was the blocked poster and about to tell you where to stick it.

Ha! I welcome your input into any discussion, I understand your humor and enjoy seeming others try to copy your style.

My first post was a poll about something related to the past I think; perhaps you were right, I'm not sure. Maybe you censored the swear word yourself, but "stupid" is certain. Nevertheless, I was fishing for that apology. Closure.

I copped something similar in one of my early posts from the plugger too.I think he likes to haze the new guys. But it is that kind of Kyle Sandilands thing you hate him but you can't stop reading him. The outrage keeps it interesting.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:
Austinnn wrote:

I copped something similar in one of my early posts from the plugger too.I think he likes to haze the new guys. But it is that kind of Kyle Sandilands thing you hate him but you can't stop reading him. The outrage keeps it interesting.
I think that is the most insulting thing that has been said on saintsational ever comparing someone to Kyle Sandilands.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
saintbrat wrote: I prefer this group
They're butterflies

Stay on topic :wink:
But when I asked Mr Google for Red White and Black Moths - he gave me that picture :wink:
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 21 Feb 2012 8:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's hard to soar like butterflies when you're surrounded by moths...

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Austin,
more and more it seems that forumites are adopting an "I'm right, you're wrong and I don't have to expalin myself" mentality on here. Sarcasm is the absolute death of this forum because it seems to have overtaken an actual discussion of an opinion.

My frustration with plugger is that he derails topics and discussions with nasty sarcastic comments and frequently gets involved into these 1:1 tennis matches. It used to not bother me but more and more it seems to happen.
the most frustrating aspect of it is that clearly the guy is a very intelligent and articulate individual and on those rarer occasions when he actually plays the ball and dshares a proper opinion that he justifies... it's actually a good read. It's the attention seeking I can't stand... starting a thread that just says "well". Criticising everyones sources and stating that his source said this this and that which offers no insight and then goes on to say "well i can look myself in the mirror" as if that justifies the argument.

I come on here to read about the saints and discuss opinions... not read a 10 word sarcastic response to a detailed post that takes the topic off track.

Am sorry for individualising this and in turn doing the very same thing that I'm criticising pluuger for. I will endeavor to refrain from this type of posting in the future... and maybe get a bit more sleep so that this type of stuff doesn't rile me so much

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Austin,
more and more it seems that forumites are adopting an "I'm right, you're wrong and I don't have to expalin myself" mentality on here. Sarcasm is the absolute death of this forum because it seems to have overtaken an actual discussion of an opinion.

My frustration with plugger is that he derails topics and discussions with nasty sarcastic comments and frequently gets involved into these 1:1 tennis matches. It used to not bother me but more and more it seems to happen.
the most frustrating aspect of it is that clearly the guy is a very intelligent and articulate individual and on those rarer occasions when he actually plays the ball and dshares a proper opinion that he justifies... it's actually a good read. It's the attention seeking I can't stand... starting a thread that just says "well". Criticising everyones sources and stating that his source said this this and that which offers no insight and then goes on to say "well i can look myself in the mirror" as if that justifies the argument.

I come on here to read about the saints and discuss opinions... not read a 10 word sarcastic response to a detailed post that takes the topic off track.

Am sorry for individualising this and in turn doing the very same thing that I'm criticising pluuger for. I will endeavor to refrain from this type of posting in the future... and maybe get a bit more sleep so that this type of stuff doesn't rile me so much

You had your say and I will have mine. I think there are posters on here who write things and expect everyone to just agree with them no matter how silly their comment is. i refuse to just go along with things that I think is rubbish. Unlike what some people think I dont just disagree with everyone but I aint one of these plus one posters when I do agree so the only time i challenge is when I disagree. And yes I do you sarcasim. I have all my life. People say it is the lowest form of wit well I actually think it can be very funny if people have the brains to realise it is sarcasim. i never say i am right but i obviously think i am or i wouldnt disagree witha what some people say. i pretty sure the other person with the different opinion also thinks they are right.

And I never ever are the first one to abuse a poster, well normally anyway but i will if they cant handle me disagreeing with them and they start the abuse first.