Zac to the rescue

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Zac to the rescue

The Redeemer wrote:I cannot wait to see that pansy-douche getting molested by any forward remotely worth his/her salt.
now now..you're better than that...lol..

BTW, what ever happend to Zac Attack????? I liked that bloke. He had a good sense of humour..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Some interesting factors, influencing the outcome on this topic will be:
- Obviously the immediate improvement/decline of the respective football clubs
- Zac's performance at Freo
- The performance of the players that left the Saints last year... Lynch, Walsh, Heyne

On point 1... will be very interesting if some of our maligned players show some big imporovements

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:I cannot wait to see that pansy-douche getting molested by any forward remotely worth his/her salt.

BTW, what ever happend to Zac Attack????? I liked that bloke. He had a good sense of humour..
Agreed. Very witty, clever and easy on the eye. Girls dig him. He digs himself.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

Agreed. Very witty, clever and easy on the eye. Girls dig him. He digs himself.
Not me, but I think some on here thought he was a troll.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Didnt like him, thought he was funny. Offered nothing.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Didnt like him, thought he was funny. Offered nothing.
yeah but you don't like anyone on here.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
I like Plugger and Saint Brat.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
me too.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I can understand why Zac wanted to move. He is a decent player, not the worst some Nimbats make out. Zac is very lucky to have followed Ross and have Ross coach him. But now im looking forward to see how our Backline goes this year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
me too.

Not sure those 2 names have ever been used in the same sentence together.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
And worship Lyon.

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

There are some Ross Lyon devotees on this forum like Clarky that respond to all posts that criticise him and always jump to his defense...and there are others that call a spade a spade and see his failings regarding team selection and blooding the youth... fair dinkum clarky... I wouldn't be surprised if you knew the bloke personally or... if in fact you are related to him.

Ross lost a great opportunity to keep the team fresh and firing on all cylinders leading into the finals and the GF of 2009....Fact is we lost momentum because we didn't rotate enough of the list and he didn't give enough opportunity to half a dozen younger guys in the last 6-8 games in h&a of 2009. The side should not have been worried about losing a few games once they had 15 wins on the board. There's no history created if you win the McLellan trophy.

Every one knows that Ross as head coach did not get the best out of the line-up because he failed to challenge the senior lineup and failed to provide an opportunity to rookies and players deep in the list to show if they could perform as well as some of the regulars. This isn't some after the fact opinion, this is something a lot of Saints fans had questioned at the time. St. Kilda FC was transforming into a very professional FC and the evolution and foundations were laid long before Ross came along. It's farcical for you to say that he brought a certain hardness to us when guys like Hammer and Lenny had been at the club and provided role model play that is worth multiples of Lyon...There are the fencesitters that will wait for this blokes career to end before they are convinced that any team is lucky to have him as head coach, but personally I think he is hugely over-rated and his actions and his failings in 2009 cemented my belief that Ross was lucky to have picked up a great team.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
I thought they were the same person.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
clarky449 wrote: I like Plugger and Saint Brat.
I thought they were the same person.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Lets be honest, clarky tries to be just like plugger however fails miserably. At least plugger hides his trolling well. clarky is too obvious.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
Ross lost a great opportunity to keep the team fresh and firing on all cylinders leading into the finals and the GF of 2009....Fact is we lost momentum because we didn't rotate enough of the list and he didn't give enough opportunity to half a dozen younger guys in the last 6-8 games in h&a of 2009. The side should not have been worried about losing a few games once they had 15 wins on the board. There's no history created if you win the McLellan trophy.

That is probably the worst paragraph I have ever read on Saintsational.

We are 15 games straight, and you want to start blooding players that will categorically have absolutely no impact in a finals team... Nor an impact the next year... And without even considering that the crop of players were maybe not even talented enough to go on with it.

Seriously, worst paragraph I have read in the four years.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Lets be honest, clarky tries to be just like plugger however fails miserably. At least plugger hides his trolling well. clarky is too obvious.
How am i trolling? Im just stating my opinion and also facts. I like Ross and dont understand why supporters seem to think he is amazing but once he leaves he is no good.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

[/quote]

We are 15 games straight, and you want to start blooding players that will categorically have absolutely no impact in a finals team... Nor an impact the next year... And without even considering that the crop of players were maybe not even talented enough to go on with it.

Seriously, worst paragraph I have read in the four years.[/quote]
sORRY, HOW MANY DID HE REST FOR HAWTHORN GAME?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Getting back to Dawson will we all become Robert Walls fans now Dawson's not ours any more? :?:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Scollop wrote:

Missed the point.

We're 15 games up with King and Gardiner both starting to tire as number of other players... what would have been the harm in a few strategic "rests" for tiring players to be replaced by players busting their guts in desperation to break into the team.

Fast forward to grandfinal 09... Gardiner and king both had little to no postive impact. Remember Gardiner VS Geelong earlier that year... was a shadow of the same player late in the year.

We all know the wheels started falling off late in the season... we kept it together but were a shadow of ourselves in Sept

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Scollop wrote:

Missed the point.

We're 15 games up with King and Gardiner both starting to tire as number of other players... what would have been the harm in a few strategic "rests" for tiring players to be replaced by players busting their guts in desperation to break into the team.

Fast forward to grandfinal 09... Gardiner and king both had little to no postive impact. Remember Gardiner VS Geelong earlier that year... was a shadow of the same player late in the year.

We all know the wheels started falling off late in the season... we kept it together but were a shadow of ourselves in Sept
Clearly Gardiner and King werent going to have a huge impact on Grand Final Day. Yo do remember the weather? We were back to our best in the QF and a bit down for the PF. Dont see how not playing any kids during the 09 season had an effect. We seemed to be pretty damn good on Grand Final day. Just a shame we missed simpel shots.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

they had both been out of form for a while... and considering the weather one really has to wonder if we needed them both. Maybe if we'd got more games into Gwilt, by say resting Gardiner and King periodically, he could have come into the GF as a forward instead of Dempster. Maybe another 5 games into McEvoy might have shown us he would have been a better resting forward/ruck than one of King/Gardiner. Maybe by resting them a bit more maybe one of King and Gardiner might have actually had a bit of presence on the day

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Zac is irrelevant, but anyway I can't wait for McEvoy resting on him one on one.
Even Zac vs Milne for that matter... Milne would out-body him.

Freo's biggest potential weakness - is Zac one on one.
We need to isolate him.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Scollop wrote:

Missed the point.

Lol.

We should have just rested every senior player r15 onwards... An brought them back for the grand final.

Great theories though.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Scollop didn't suggest resting every senior player after r15.
He made a valid point .. strategically resting "tired" players (not all seniors at once - where did you come up with that?) would have benefited us come the GF and I totally agree.
Roo was just hobbling around come the finals .. what's the use of finishing top of the ladder in the home and away rounds and losing the GF ? - why not finish second in the H & A and win the flag instead ?