Piss weak Saints fans......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Re: Piss weak Saints fans......

I always turn up but im honestly thinking of just giving it away and watching on TV. Its not the stadiums or the prices or even the garbage umpiring but the behaviour of the average d**khead that attends games. I was forced to move 3 times on Saturday night due to the drunken fuckwits around me.

Its highly frustrating when "security" does bugger all to stop it too.

Call me "soft" if you like but I dont go to the footy to be called a rapist.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
The Craw
Club Player

Huh ........ you mean just because I have already paid for my seats, I need to turn up as well ????????

Not Craw, CRAW!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:
philtee wrote:Having the game live on telly slaughtered the crowd.
In the MCC area, there was a surprisingly good turnout of Saints faithful.

Hate to start a "those were the days" rant, but -
To anyone who says the G or Etihad are crap grounds - twenty years ago
a lof of us would have been standing for three hours on the terraces at Moorabbin,
or Kardinia Park or Windy Hill or the Western Oval, in the gravel, in the drizzle, trying to
glimpse the game over the blokes in front, with a tin shed for a toilet, and a choice of pie,
chips or feral hotdog at the food stand.
Even then, Moorabbin would pull 19,000-20,000 minimum, even when we played the new
interstate sides like Adelaide.

I'm glad we've progressed, but where are all those people ?
something to be said for that type of experience though. you're close to the action, the atmosphere is intense, and the supporters are side by side and vocal and good humoured. you don't get that at the big grounds. that's why I like supporting the boys at the vfl - and I don't attack people for not going to that.
And games were played early on Saturday afternoon every week - and they were played at a ground which was close to all the main st kilda supporting suburbs - Elsternwick, Brighton, Oakleigh, Sandringham, Cheltenham, Chelsea and Frankston (and Moorabbin of course) People could just turn up with a group of mates, or a girlfriend, whatever, and watch the reserves beforehand. Footy now is a very different animal.

But the St Kilda Football Club is easier to follow now because we win more, participate in finals regularly and have played in Grannies several times in the past decade and a bit.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
Leo.J wrote:My whole family have memberships, even our 2 year old.

And there lies the issue, we play too many night games.

Day game, I'm there with my tribe.

Night games far too late for kids imo getting home at 11.

Not to mention mid strength sh!t beer and inflated food prices.

And the fact that if I hear one more person mention the 'R' word it will probably end in me being arrested for assault in front of my kids.
excuse my ignorance but what is the 'R' word
Use your imagination.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:I always turn up but im honestly thinking of just giving it away and watching on TV. Its not the stadiums or the prices or even the garbage umpiring but the behaviour of the average d**khead that attends games. I was forced to move 3 times on Saturday night due to the drunken fuckwits around me.

BANG BANG
You are soft and a sook to boot.

No one forced you to move. Give it back to people who piss you off.

As for security, IMO I've seen them to be overly zealous at the MCG both on Saturday night and the previous weeks.

Harden up brother!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
philtee
Club Player

Just thought I'd get in a leave pass for next Monday nigfht - I've got a 7:30 class.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:Just thought I'd get in a leave pass for next Monday nigfht - I've got a 7:30 class.
No worries there mate. See you at the game.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

People are are sensitive bunch.... Look at all the excuses fly out with ppl getting defensive. But let's get one thing clear. This issue isnt about having a uni class that limited attendance, or that people had a wedding, or that people have young kids which make it difficult at night.

The issue here that irks people is that there is a considerable difference between the MCG and Etihad. Day or night.

It's not the average supporter that had a priority clash.

It's that we draw 15k less at a Melbourne ground. Every time.

Until we finally acknowledge it - things like the sooking 'Collingwood get all the blockbusters' 'unfair fixture' and 'playing games in NZ' threads will continue to exist into eternity.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Who cares who went and who didn't....5 pages of crap.... :roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
andrewg
Club Player

Why supporters didnt go

Saints were probably going to loose
It was LIVE on tv on a night/week the weather was horrible
Some fans are sick of the same old s*** from the same old players
Saints fans are sick of seeing 8-12 goals kicked for the whole game by the saints
Saints fans are VERY comfortable with the dome
We have lost three grand finals in 3 years and the long road back is VERY long for many
Night games are VERY hard to bring young children too especially if you live 30-40min out of the city and especially if it is a cold night.
BUUUUUUUTTTTTTT if you win games the people will come and the performance against the hawks did nothing to drag the unsure out of their cosy houses in June/July.

thats it

Oh and the self ritous fans sticking their agenda down everyones elses throats are out of line. Never judge others, its just not cool.

Johnny Favier
Club Player

satchmo wrote:lolz.

The only thing worse than the softcocks that didn't go is the softcocks that whinge about it. :lol:

And was it a home game? Oh yeah, white shorts at the G, of course it was!

The only thing worse than the softcocks that didn't go and the softcocks that whinge about it, are the softcocks running our club.

Yeah - what was with the white shorts BTW?

Hawks had their home strip on...??

gringo
Saintsational Legend

What's sad is I turned up at the g and paid the gate fee because i have an 11 gamer this year and thought it was their home game.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

LOL, that's hilarious Gringo!
Hurricane wrote:I always turn up but im honestly thinking of just giving it away and watching on TV. Its not the stadiums or the prices or even the garbage umpiring but the behaviour of the average d**khead that attends games. I was forced to move 3 times on Saturday night due to the drunken fuckwits around me.

BANG BANG
Yeah I've been getting sick of that s*** in recent years too. Really spoils the experience, IMO, just really unnecessary and pathetic, that stuff. I'd like to see those who say it do it to their faces man to man, not from 100m away from behind a fence. It is seriously gutless.

I go to the footy for fun and enjoyment and I don't particularly enjoy hearing that sort of abuse going all game and getting into match long verbal spats with those responsible for it. It's just not why I go and can be really draining.

Same reason I don't respond to some on here. Just not worth it when there are far better ways to spend your time and their negative energy just drags you down.

It's just a game afterall.
andrewg wrote:Why supporters didnt go

Saints fans are sick of seeing 8-12 goals kicked for the whole game by the saints
We have lost three grand finals in 3 years and the long road back is VERY long for many
Night games are VERY hard to bring young children too especially if you live 30-40min out of the city and especially if it is a cold night.
BUUUUUUUTTTTTTT if you win games the people will come and the performance against the hawks did nothing to drag the unsure out of their cosy houses in June/July.

thats it

Oh and the self righteous fans sticking their agenda down everyones elses throats are out of line. Never judge others, its just not cool.
Lots of truth spoken there, too.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Tue 08 May 2012 2:43am, edited 5 times in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

hahaha that is pretty funny 8-)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:What's sad is I turned up at the g and paid the gate fee because i have an 11 gamer this year and thought it was their home game.
ur a friggin champ gringo! love yr style. that is seriously something i would do :D

miskycat
Club Player

Went to the game on Saturday night - in MCC area. Felt the Saints representation was OK.
Would like to go next Monday night except I'VE GOT TICKETS TO PRINCE...

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

That will be one kick-ass concert!

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

miskycat wrote:Went to the game on Saturday night - in MCC area. Felt the Saints representation was OK.
Would like to go next Monday night except I'VE GOT TICKETS TO PRINCE...
top stuff!
will be classic. although livewire bar at etihad has a great selection of music and a great vibe :D :D :D

Moods
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:

thats it

Oh and the self righteous fans sticking their agenda down everyones elses throats are out of line. Never judge others, its just not cool.

Lots of truth spoken? Your Kidding! It's pathetic!

Lets look at it objectively .
Saints were probably going to loose Boo Hoo
It was LIVE on tv on a night/week the weather was horrible The weather was fine on Sat Night. A bit chilly but it's a winter sport FFS - notice that it didn't bother the hawk supporters.
Some fans are sick of the same old s*** from the same old players Sounds you like you don't even like the team. I bet you did back in 09.
Saints fans are sick of seeing 8-12 goals kicked for the whole game by the saints Saints have actually been far more attacking this year. It was the game style rather than the amount of goals kicked that was frustrating some.
Saints fans are VERY comfortable with the dome But obviously not comfortable supporting their footy team, just the Dome.....
We have lost three grand finals in 3 years and the long road back is VERY long for many Correction 3 GF's in 2 years. What a bunch of sooks we all are then. Bet there are at least 10 clubs that would kill to be in our position.
Night games are VERY hard to bring young children too especially if you live 30-40min out of the city and especially if it is a cold night. Fair enough.
BUUUUUUUTTTTTTT if you win games the people will come and the performance against the hawks did nothing to drag the unsure out of their cosy houses in June/July First up we're in early May! Second up if the ONLY reason ppl are going to go to the footy is because their team is guaranteed a win, maybe they should just follow the EPL and watch Man U. Our boys had a real crack on Sat night, but were unfortunately over run by a much better team in the last 1/4.

As far as I'm concerned there was a tiny amount of truth spoken in that post. Much of it was factually incorrect - and quite a deal of the weakest excuses I've ever read. Quite sad when you see other supporters from other clubs come out to support their team. Imagine if we had the internet in the 80's and ppl read that post from AndrewG back then? If that is truly the mindset of our supporters then I fear for the future of our footy club.....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
gringo wrote:What's sad is I turned up at the g and paid the gate fee because i have an 11 gamer this year and thought it was their home game.
ur a friggin champ gringo! love yr style. that is seriously something i would do :D
Yes it's funny coming from a regular SS poster.

But I'd love to see a random survey of a few hundred Saints fans to see how many made the same mistake.

It could be part of the reason for our pathetic turnout.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Apologies for my absence. Excluding Saturday arvo games when I used to play, it was the first game in Melbourne I've missed since 2007.

I was in Bendigo at the Groovin' The Moo Festival. The prospect of seeing Kaiser Chiefs, City & Colour, Mutemath, The Maccabees, Bluejuice, 360, Matt Corby, etc... was more appealing than having to stand in the company of the worst supporters in the competition.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:Apologies for my absence. Excluding Saturday arvo games when I used to play, it was the first game in Melbourne I've missed since 2007.

I was in Bendigo at the Groovin' The Moo Festival. The prospect of seeing Kaiser Chiefs, City & Colour, Mutemath, The Maccabees, Bluejuice, 360, Matt Corby, etc... was more appealing than having to stand in the company of the worst supporters in the competition.

Its not about apologies about your absence. Its about the MCG being an issue.

And yes Hawthorn are bad. I've been ejected (and wrongfully too) from one game ever - And it was because of a drunken Hawks fan and his manipulative wife.

Missed Harvey's last 10 minutes of his career.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Moods wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:

thats it

Lots of truth spoken? Your Kidding! It's pathetic!

Lets look at it objectively .
Saints were probably going to loose Boo Hoo
It was LIVE on tv on a night/week the weather was horrible The weather was fine on Sat Night. A bit chilly but it's a winter sport FFS - notice that it didn't bother the hawk supporters.
Some fans are sick of the same old s*** from the same old players Sounds you like you don't even like the team. I bet you did back in 09.
Saints fans are sick of seeing 8-12 goals kicked for the whole game by the saints Saints have actually been far more attacking this year. It was the game style rather than the amount of goals kicked that was frustrating some.
Saints fans are VERY comfortable with the dome But obviously not comfortable supporting their footy team, just the Dome.....
We have lost three grand finals in 3 years and the long road back is VERY long for many Correction 3 GF's in 2 years. What a bunch of sooks we all are then. Bet there are at least 10 clubs that would kill to be in our position.
Night games are VERY hard to bring young children too especially if you live 30-40min out of the city and especially if it is a cold night. Fair enough.
BUUUUUUUTTTTTTT if you win games the people will come and the performance against the hawks did nothing to drag the unsure out of their cosy houses in June/July First up we're in early May! Second up if the ONLY reason ppl are going to go to the footy is because their team is guaranteed a win, maybe they should just follow the EPL and watch Man U. Our boys had a real crack on Sat night, but were unfortunately over run by a much better team in the last 1/4.

As far as I'm concerned there was a tiny amount of truth spoken in that post. Much of it was factually incorrect - and quite a deal of the weakest excuses I've ever read. Quite sad when you see other supporters from other clubs come out to support their team. Imagine if we had the internet in the 80's and ppl read that post from AndrewG back then? If that is truly the mindset of our supporters then I fear for the future of our footy club.....
no offense but I don't think 'boo hoo' is objective. it's funny but it's not objective.

you've got to hand it to Hawthorn though. they have an away game played at their home ground, in their home strip, with members free, and some sweet free kicks.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
dragit
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:you've got to hand it to Hawthorn though. they have an away game played at their home ground, in their home strip, with members free, and some sweet free kicks.
Not bad hey?
Maybe we could ask West Coast to play their home game against us at Colonial Stadium next year?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Thank goodness the Saints players turned up even though after their bedtime

PS, it was also Hawks home game in return for Tassie game.-hence thr crowd,
Numbers were approx 100 down on same game last year.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107