Saints v west coast game thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints v west coast game thread

We didn't get blown away, I'm not disappointed, as I didn't have high expectations for this game, but we mixed it with the best.
We'll get both Gwilt and Fisher back next week which will help our defence ma lot.
Losing Stanley sucks, as he was just really getting going, let's hope it's not too serious.
Sydney should still be without Goodes next week, so if we can play like we did in the 2nd half, we will win comfortably.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
why dont you let him be the real man and walk away
im not that mature

And not all that knowledgable.[/quote]

You're definately not qualified to make that call tugger[/quote]

Pretty sure I am.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

What a wonderful display of umpiring.

- Tim Gossage

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

25 free kicks to 15 their way

8 goals from frees for West Coast???

Either way our back line was monstered - we missed Fisher, McEvoy and Stanley - Clarke may have helped today

Better 2nd half - our pressure at the ball carrier was immense - on that 2nd half effort we are finals contenders

1st half was deplorable but Watters motivated the boys to go out and show some ticker - we could have easily dropped away but we didnt

Good chance to beat Sydney next week and then Richmond and Gold Coast to follow

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

walking away happy with the effort of the saints, in the face of a 50 point mountain. if we can come our breathing fire from the 1st bounce I think we will beat the swans by 20 +

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Richter
SS Life Member

Needed to take our chances in the 1st when we had them
2nd they took control...
3rd we went into overdrive...
Last they held us out as we ran out of legs

Still hope of a top 8 finish for us... overall plenty of positives out of the game...

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
TJMcCarthy
Club Player

Anyone got a stat on the frees for / frees against re StKFC 2012 ?

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote: overall plenty of positives out of the game...
129 marks to 70 was not one of them

Smashed in the air

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

TJMcCarthy wrote:Anyone got a stat on the frees for / frees against re StKFC 2012 ?
157 for 167 against

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Saints players before the match started were the victims of some seriously potent weed. It was originally obtained from some of the egirls explayer mates up in the wheatbelt area around the midwest of WA and they've been trialling a method of producing an odorless and invisible gas out of this stuff 8-) ,, then, the West Coast mafia bribed Subiaco ground management and infiltrated the air conditioning into the Visitors clubrooms. There you go...that explains how we played in the first half. naturally with all that powerade and sweating, the effects wore off and Saints were the better team!!

:sarcasm:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Game was there to be taken and the first half was unacceptable. Second half was very good,but what does that mean when you are 49 down at half time?

Umpiring was disgraceful yet again,no suprises there. They are a very good side West Coast,but it's going to hurt them in september when the umpires put the whistle away,so how they will be able to cope without the equivalent of one extra player when that time comes will be a concern for them.

Bring back the Lockett era
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Game was there to be taken and the first half was unacceptable. Second half was very good,but what does that mean when you are 49 down at half time?

Umpiring was disgraceful yet again,no suprises there. They are a very good side West Coast,but it's going to hurt them in september when the umpires put the whistle away,so how they will be able to cope without the equivalent of one extra player when that time comes will be a concern for them.
When a few of their injured come, I'm sure that will compensate for the home town umpiring. Agree though that the prancing panzy boys were poor again.

Still dont reckon in Melb at the G in finals the Egirls will win it..

“Yeah….nah””
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Am i the only one on here that was, too an extent, pleased with the result?
We were 50 points down at half time, in Perth vs the best team in the competition and managed to fight back to get within 17 points with 5 minutes left in the last quarter!!
We were without a backline (no fisher or gwilt) and no ruckman (no stanley or mcevoy).
If we had played how we did in the 2nd half for the entire match we would have won by about 40 points!!
There is nothing we can do about the first half now, its done and dusted, but what we should take out of the game is how we responded!
Looking forward to next week, we are in with a real crack!

Sainter for life.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

SaintSimmo wrote:Am i the only one on here that was, too an extent, pleased with the result?
We were 50 points down at half time, in Perth vs the best team in the competition and managed to fight back to get within 17 points with 5 minutes left in the last quarter!!
We were without a backline (no fisher or gwilt) and no ruckman (no stanley or mcevoy).
If we had played how we did in the 2nd half for the entire match we would have won by about 40 points!!
There is nothing we can do about the first half now, its done and dusted, but what we should take out of the game is how we responded!
Looking forward to next week, we are in with a real crack!
Yeah I'm glad we showed plenty of ticker in the second half there

Austinnn
Club Player

Hey here's an idea:

Next week why don't we have two game threads, one for people who want to follow the game and another for the infants who want to whine about umpires and trade insults.

This was my only chance to follow the game and what do I get? Depressing immature sniping and moaning. Thanks a lot. If we were at the game, I would have just moved away from you and stood somewhere else. I'd have started my own thread but I couldn't see the game.

Grow up you hammers.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Hey here's an idea:

Next week why don't we have two game threads, one for people who want to follow the game and another for the infants who want to whine about umpires and trade insults.

This was my only chance to follow the game and what do I get? Depressing immature sniping and moaning. Thanks a lot. If we were at the game, I would have just moved away from you and stood somewhere else. I'd have started my own thread but I couldn't see the game.

Grow up you hammers.
Sounds alright to me, but can you buy a radio so don't have the weight of responsibility hanging over me. It may send me in to fits of petty abuse toward others.

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
TJMcCarthy wrote:Anyone got a stat on the frees for / frees against re StKFC 2012 ?
157 for 167 against
:|
cheers for that stat.
And i wonder how many of those frees for/against resulted in goals?
(to us or to the opposition?)

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:We look like a te4am that has in reality had less than a 6 day break and had to travel to Perth.
This is the inequity of the loaded draw that gives the cream to the AFL favourites whilst the others get the short end of the stick, but of course P66 will tell us how it is good for the comp.
Interesting that Carlton we're equally impotent today against Adelaide.
If we have to play Monday night next year, then we have to insist that it is the week before the bye.

What a load of crap. It has nothing to do with that. Sides win after 6 day breaks. Why does Monday matter. We play on Saturday then Friday and never whinge.

Will be interesting to see after coming back from perth we are confronted with back to back six day break.................we will be
crawling against tigers.

saint4life
bushy

Can I second Austinn's idea please. I am consigned to following the game online while overseas and am fed up with not so much with the whinging (comes with the terriotory) but rather the petty testosterone addled name calling and cheap shots! Hard to believe that somehow we all follow the same team with some of the juvenile rants and potshots that are taken. Passion I can understand but it is no excuse for abuse.

Austinnn
Club Player

gringo wrote:

Grow up you hammers.
Sounds alright to me, but can you buy a radio so don't have the weight of responsibility hanging over me. It may send me in to fits of petty abuse toward others.

Got a radio. All I seem to get are French radio stations. Weird, none of them play the footy. Plus I was in bed.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
gringo wrote:

Grow up you hammers.
Got a radio. All I seem to get are French radio stations. Weird, none of them play the footy. Plus I was in bed.
Austinn if you go thru the afl site you should be able to get the radio stream - if you are in Europe (France) then you could have watched the game on Eurosport 2 - there are also a few Internet streams about - one which I watched today from the middle east