Milne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintkev
Club Player

Milne

Did Milne sqib a few times?

saintkev
Club Player

Re: Milne

Squib?

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

For all his skill, he has one glaring deficiency in his game: UNABLE TO PROVIDE ANY ARIAL CONTEST WHATSOEVER.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:For all his skill, he has one glaring deficiency in his game: UNABLE TO PROVIDE ANY ARIAL CONTEST WHATSOEVER.
he is only 137 cm.

i dont think he has ever squibbed. but he did made some odd decisions and some odd kicks. but when we are under pressure he tends to do that a bit.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

The bad Milne came out today. He did some good things - but also some incredibly undisciplined things as well.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
hungry for a premiership wrote:For all his skill, he has one glaring deficiency in his game: UNABLE TO PROVIDE ANY ARIAL CONTEST WHATSOEVER.
he is only 137 cm.
Yeah but he should still beat Arial or at least be competitive against her.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

is simply amazing and one of our best players, not only now but in the history of the club.
Good thread, we need more threads on Milne to remind people of this.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
he is only 137 cm.

i dont think he has ever squibbed. but he did made some odd decisions and some odd kicks. but when we are under pressure he tends to do that a bit.
The problem is not that he is hopeless in the air as he's actually not too bad for his size.

The problem is that a lot of his team mates seem to think he's a combination of Lockett, Loewe and Koschitzke. Thet really need to stop bombing it to the little fella :evil:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I know I'm a broken record, but Milne Saad and Milera missed Kosi...

You can subscribe to it or not, but nothing will change my mind that he makes life easier for the smalls.

(That being said Roo played a ripper, and really attempted to crash packs when he couldn't mark last night)

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I thought that his delivery/decision-making when kicking into the forward line at times, was very poor for a guy of his experience.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
he is only 137 cm.

The problem is not that he is hopeless in the air as he's actually not too bad for his size.

The problem is that a lot of his team mates seem to think he's a combination of Lockett, Loewe and Koschitzke. Thet really need to stop bombing it to the little fella :evil:
No Milne thinks he is power forward and demands the ball kicked to him in that manner. As soon as he has a tallish defender is when his game falls apart as he gets beaten in the air.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: The problem is not that he is hopeless in the air as he's actually not too bad for his size.

No Milne thinks he is power forward and demands the ball kicked to him in that manner. As soon as he has a tallish defender is when his game falls apart as he gets beaten in the air.
Sorry, but Milney is not in any position to demand the ball.

It's the blokes who are about to sink their boots into the Sherrin who need to look for better options.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I still think Milne is lost in the new forward structure. People have short memories, taking out the Blues game, he's had a really poor season by his standards.

He's not a typical crumbing forward, he is far better on the lead than he's given credit for. Thats why playing a medium defender on him is always more effective than a genuine small (a la Harry Obrien). Having 3 tall forwards has reduced his space to work, as well as being 4th in line as the target when the ball is coming inside 50.

Yesterday was a off day, no structure would have helped him, but overall I think 2012 is going to be a bit of a battle for the little man.

And as far as squibbing it, I just think he tries to be too cute when going up against bigger opponents. If he was a 21 year old, you would work with him to ensure he did the simple things, make body contact, do what you can to get the ball to ground etc. but he is stuck in his "jumping early, try to flick the ball, usually give away a free" technique.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

saintkev wrote:Did Milne squib a few times?
No, that was Josh 'he-man' Hunt in another game, who at a supposed 105kgs shouldn't need to squib too many contests. :shock:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:I still think Milne is lost in the new forward structure. People have short memories, taking out the Blues game, he's had a really poor season by his standards.

He's not a typical crumbing forward, he is far better on the lead than he's given credit for. Thats why playing a medium defender on him is always more effective than a genuine small (a la Harry Obrien). Having 3 tall forwards has reduced his space to work, as well as being 4th in line as the target when the ball is coming inside 50.

Yesterday was a off day, no structure would have helped him, but overall I think 2012 is going to be a bit of a battle for the little man.

And as far as squibbing it, I just think he tries to be too cute when going up against bigger opponents. If he was a 21 year old, you would work with him to ensure he did the simple things, make body contact, do what you can to get the ball to ground etc. but he is stuck in his "jumping early, try to flick the ball, usually give away a free" technique.
How can he be allowed to butcher nearly every disposal and get away with it. He is a senior player. Most of our players made mistakes in the first half and fumbled the ball, but Milne's decision making from go to woe was worthy of a rest in the magoos....

...love the avatar

spert
Saintsational Legend

Our forwards incuding Milne played from behind against the WCE- especially in the first half, and were undisciplined and didn't put pressure on the WCE half backs who basically set up the WCE win. Milne is a Saints favorite, but he is slower this season and his defensive game has slipped.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

I think it is really funny how un-arial Milney is and so be it.

There was one instance in the second half whereby Roo was coming in from 2 defenders back and attempted to go over both to mark and instead of Milne at least engaging the second defender to try and spoil the ball he did the usual crumbers thing of running around...however it was marked easily by the first defender

It is all good though as no player is good at everything.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Didn't see Milne squib. Saw him have a s*** game however.

Gram I thought was easily in our best. Conversely, I saw him squib big time. At least twice.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
dragit
Saintsational Legend

The bigfooty milne photoshop competition is still going strong by the way… some very funny stuff.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... 85&page=30

Quixote
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:The bigfooty milne photoshop competition is still going strong by the way… some very funny stuff.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... 85&page=30

:lol: :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

What is that with the mouth? Is he sucking or blowing?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Quixote wrote:Didn't see Milne squib. Saw him have a s*** game however.

Gram I thought was easily in our best. Conversely, I saw him squib big time. At least twice.
Gram's kicking was pretty damn poor especially early on however.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Of course gram did.. He always does doesn't he??

Got me faked how 4 coaches have given him a combined total of 150+ games..... Weird!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

On Milne

Exceptionally strong in the air for a 175cm..... Harder though when opposed to 185-190cm opponents, which he cops...

In context it's like Dal going up against 195-200cm opponents in the air.....or BJ against 200-205cm opponents....

Extremely courageous, can make poor decisions

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

BigMart wrote:Of course gram did.. He always does doesn't he??

Got me faked how 4 coaches have given him a combined total of 150+ games..... Weird!
The cunning plan works again! :lol:

Mart, not only have you & Pluggs publically agreed on something, :shock: but now you are both using the dry, ironic approach to posting... Love it! (Yes, really.)

'Faid my response can't match those standards...

For many of those 150 games Grammy was attacking and dangerous, and even capable of a tagging role on top of that (Judd). But the attack and danger are no more, whereas the lack of urgency and accountability have festered.

Hence it's, got me faked wondering how many more games will be given by coach 4...? Yep, weird!
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Tue 22 May 2012 10:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: