Can anyone clarify??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Can anyone clarify??

This may sound like a silly question, but even though I've been a member for years, being from country Victoria, I rarely actually go to the games.

Throughout the year, I perodically pay for 4 memberships. One for me, two for my daughters and one for my former wife (Who left me early last year for a Filth supporter!) to support the club.

Now, I'm thinking of heading to the game this weekend with my daughters and a mate who barracks for the Swans, who I assumed I'd be able to get in for free with my ex-wifes membership card.

I was told by someone that there is some kind of identification process in place now, and it would'nt be possible to use it on anyone else but her!

Is this true? If so, it will be a complete waste of a membership!!

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can anyone clarify??

The memberships are not transferrable but the chances of getting caught are about 1%. Some people on here may say you shouldnt give it to someone else. I say under your circumstances you should go for it.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

A filth supporter? WOW! that is a tough break man. May all her teeth fall out!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

You will have no problems.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Using the membership will be fine. Reckon it's less than 1%. More like 0.001%.

Scan in and enjoy the game.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:A filth supporter? WOW! that is a tough break man. May all her teeth fall out!

Ha ha, Yep, and this was from the same woman who was crying uncontrollably over the Saints GF loss against The Filth in October '10, and by February '11, left me for a Filth supporter! -talk about Salt in the wound.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Thanks guys!
We'll give it a try on Saturday and hopefully we'll get in no probs and see the Saints demolish the Swans.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

You'll be right mate - they only differentiate when an adult tries to come through using a child/ concession card if at all.

When you get in sit in the area dedicated to saints hubby's whose wives have left them for filth supporters ( you'll be amazed how big it is!!)

Enjoy the win!

“Yeah….nah””
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Teflon wrote:You'll be right mate - they only differentiate when an adult tries to come through using a child/ concession card if at all.

When you get in sit in the area dedicated to saints hubby's whose wives have left them for filth supporters ( you'll be amazed how big it is!!)

Enjoy the win!

Thanks Teflon. -It's nice to know there are others out there who have suffered the same fate.

Just as a footnote, I have since been lucky enough to find an amazing beautiful young lady who I am honored to call my partner. Things have have completely turned around and am enjoying life more than ever.
Only problem is, is that she's a Blues fan ......But I'm working on that!

SinCitySainter
Club Player

You will have absolutely no problems getting in.
I had an accident earlier this year and the only game I have been to was the Blues.
A friend of mine has used my membership and had absolutely no problems getting in.
I will be going this weekend even though I am finding it hard to get enthused at this point in the season.
I don't know why.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:Only problem is, is that she's a Blues fan ......But I'm working on that!
Have to say, they are also making things easier for you at the moment :wink:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:A filth supporter? WOW! that is a tough break man. May all her teeth fall out!

Ha ha, Yep, and this was from the same woman who was crying uncontrollably over the Saints GF loss against The Filth in October '10, and by February '11, left me for a Filth supporter! -talk about Salt in the wound.
With all due respect, I don't think I can really say anything nice about your ex's formguide.

Please tell me your billy lid's aren't reading this forum??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote:

With all due respect, I don't think I can really say anything nice about your ex's formguide.

Please tell me your billy lid's aren't reading this forum??
That really is a rough story! Chin up champ!
And yeah go for it!

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

No, the kids aren't reading this forum. They're interest in The Saints has dropped dramically in recent times, which I put down as being an early teenage thing.
The oldest threatened to convert to the Filth about a month ago, but after explaining to her all about loyalty, family tradition and of course the possibility of being disowned by me and her entire paternal side, made her come back around. ..for now

saintkellerm
Club Player

With Saints membership anyone can use it, it is AFL membership that is not transferable (as I have both) but saying that I have been to many a game and no one has asked me for ID.

Kate
Club Player

The reserved seat cards do clearly say "Not transferable".